• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecklessWolf

Neo Member
Hey guys, resident lurker here. Figured I would actually introduce myself finally. Add me on PSN and we can play some Destiny. The randoms on there are too free.

Where you're from- Hagerstown, MD
Where you live- Wilmington, DE
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- My father's side has creole origins. My mother claims we're supposedly part Blackfoot Indian which always sounded like BS to me since the blackfoot are bunch of different tribes. Theres at least some European since my grandmother looks like Alex Haley's Queen.

Do you know your roots- not really
Your Age- 23
Favorite musical genre- rap/hip-hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Cyber security
Your religious affiliation- none
Hobbies- gaming, writing, horror movies

...So did anyone ever figure out who Mr Fantasik was who did those songs with Doom? ;)

Jado

Banned
Nah

I want to push buttons until I die

I don't, not for SOME games that really need it (world exploration). Upgrading my PC and playing Tomb Raider was an eye-opening, next-gen type of experience... until I started moving around. Graphics have moved way beyond innovation in controls and it shows. Character interaction with any 3D world is just really clumsy, mechanical and weird, but we take it for granted cuz every games is this limited and we accept is as good/normal. There really hasn't been much improvement with this since Mario 64. Look at the new UFC game; gorgeous until you actually press buttons to awkwardly chain a very limited pre-set number of animations together... nothing like the complexity and fluidity of real fighting.

The solution lately seems to be to allow characters to have crazy speed and jumping abilities to mask the fact that nothing has improved in controls and won't for a long time. At least a fully realized thought-based controller would allow for an endless number of intricate movements with a game environment vs. the one or two dozen actions of a typical controller.

J10

Banned
That Wonder Woman costume is fucking disgusting.

At this rate fucking Ben Affleck would have to show up on my doorstep naked with the money for the movie ticket (and the cost of a LARGE popcorn and drink) taped to his erect penis to get me to pay to see that movie.

All that over a costume.

Trey

That Wonder Woman costume is fucking disgusting.

At this rate fucking Ben Affleck would have to show up on my doorstep naked with the money for the movie ticket (and the cost of a LARGE popcorn and drink) taped to his erect penis to get me to pay to see that movie.

You'll still see it without the Ben Affleck home delivery package.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The solution lately seems to be to allow characters to have crazy speed and jumping abilities to mask the fact that nothing has improved in controls and won't for a long time. At least a fully realized thought-based controller would allow for an endless number of intricate movements with a game environment vs. the one or two dozen actions of a typical controller.

If the way games are made doesn't change, then even with thought based controls you'd still end up being pretty limited in what you do as the developers can only produce so many reactions to any number of player action.(like how in Resident Evil 4 you can aim at any part of an enemy's body, but there are only like 4 different zones that will produce different hit reactions)

Thought based controls are an interesting idea, but they're completely unnecessary for the types of games we play today and it would be a waste applying the tech to current games in the same way that it would be a waste to apply motion controls to Super Mario World on the SNES or something.

and personally I'm not too interested in Virtual Reality myself.

andthebeatgoeson

Got like +500 hours in 3 ultimate and still having fun with it. Can't wait for 4 and that's going to be online.

Ooh, I do! I'm only an HR4, but since no one's been in the community, I haven't gotten to play with anyone to rank up.

Satch plays, too.
Nice. Let me know if y'all want to get down. I can usually get on with 3u in the evenings after 8pm est.

I might be high 30s rank and have only played with a great sword. So we could probably make quick work of the low ranks, vermillion.

royalan

But it only looks sexy! It LITERALLY looks like a "Sexy Xena" Halloween costume. #iCant

You'll still see it without the Ben Affleck home delivery package.

Well damn, can you just let me continue fantasizing about a naked hard Ben Affleck showing up to my house? Like, "Royalan, I really just need you to see this movie...at whatever cost..."

Jado

Banned
Retro, that's my point. Game design today is way behind visuals and needs to change in the future. Agree that stuff like SMB3 doesnt need Wii controls or whatever nonsense. Punch-Out Wii is one of my favorite games last gen but only with NES style control.

Virtual Reality reminds me of the big push for 3D TVs. It'll probably flop the same way too.

I'm on the wait list for Oculus DK2. Im expecting to be blown away cuz I have a 3DTV and its underwhelming and yet everyone who has used Oculus so far says it obliterates 3D TVs, 3DS, etc.

g02QkO8.jpg

lmao

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Apologies to the guy I was just playing with. It was my last game before leaving my friends place.

WE HAD BOTH INTERCEPTORS THO WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT :((((

Switched between 3 mics in that time too.

Cat

Hello all. I lurk here too though I've made at least one post. I didn't catch that there's an icebreaker post we can make until I lurked in just now. So here I am.

Where you're from-San Antonio, Texas
Where you live-San Antonio, Texas
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-American (US), bloodline mostly a mix of German, English, Mexican (my dad once told me I think Irish and possibly French too). And a quarter Native American, but last I asked my mom, she said no one really knew what tribe my grandfather was descended from.
Do you know your roots-Not really
Your Age-33
Favorite musical genre-pop/rock I guess
Your profession/major/career interest-Web developer
Your religious affiliation-Raised Catholic but not really practicing, married into Lutheran (hubby is son of a pastor). I think maybe theist is best description.
Hobbies-Gaming, art, programming, web development, cooking

Small addition: I have an almost 13-month old baby girl so am interested in kids/babies or learning as a parent.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
WW looks cool. I'm more worried about the fight scenes with Batman more than WW's costume choice. Snyder's shown he can make shit look cool with high powered characters like Superman. I'm tired of seeing Batman with a flat-top when it comes to fighting. He needs to be giving out the beats like Rama from The Raid.

I'm so glad the fans didn't get their wish of having Gina be WW. I swear none of them watched Haywire.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Parks and Rec 1st season is bad

Show came into it's own during the 2nd season when it finally cemented down character personalities and roles within the show

and now it has probably one of the bests casts on TV

Park and Rec season 1 is really bland and tried way too hard to be The Office. It got a lot better once Adam Scott joined.

PS4 Destiny bros, ready for that unlock event in a little over an hour?

Trey

Park and Recs tried to be too Office in the first season, and Leslie was a terrible character because of that. The extreme tonal change from s2 onward is palpable.

DY_nasty

^im on now.

and i know someone saw me come in and put in work with 14 kills in 2 minutes just now
Anyone here play Star Ocean?
I do. Wish I stopped at times but... What can I say? I like punishment.
Hello all. I lurk here too though I've made at least one post. I didn't catch that there's an icebreaker post we can make until I lurked in just now. So here I am.

Where you're from-San Antonio, Texas
Where you live-San Antonio, Texas
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-American (US), bloodline mostly a mix of German, English, Mexican (my dad once told me I think Irish and possibly French too). And a quarter Native American, but last I asked my mom, she said no one really knew what tribe my grandfather was descended from.
Do you know your roots-Not really
Your Age-33
Favorite musical genre-pop/rock I guess
Your profession/major/career interest-Web developer
Your religious affiliation-Raised Catholic but not really practicing, married into Lutheran (hubby is son of a pastor). I think maybe theist is best description.
Hobbies-Gaming, art, programming, web development, cooking

Small addition: I have an almost 13-month old baby girl so am interested in kids/babies or learning as a parent.
I'm happy to be leaving Texas soon, but I will miss San Antonio. I actually grew to like that city.

So was up for 26 hours working a site that looked like a cross between Resident Evil, Silent Hill and a modern day Dark Souls. Shit was straight out of film. Rats and mice were running rampant and I must say I had a shit load of fun. Minus the bums, cross dressing prostitutes and people damn near crashing into each other.

DY_nasty

I need that life Rio
You in San Antonio? A friend of mine just joined the Navy and is stationed there.

I'm only in San Antonio when I'm pretending not to be in the military.

@neoniggers - #squadup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom