• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Hello everyone, joined here for the gaming side, and lurked a bit here on OT, now I want to contribute here so:

Where you're from- São Paulo, Brazil
Where you live- São Paulo
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- My mother is black, my father is half-black half-white.
Do you know your roots- My mother's great grandfather was native Brazilian, my grandfather on my father side has Spanish roots.
Your Age- 20
Favorite musical genre- Soul, R&B, southern rap and a few metal bands.
Your profession/major/career interest- Getting a degree in Systems Analysis and Development.
Your religious affiliation- Neo-pentecostal
Hobbies- Gaming, reading and listening to music.

Can't answer because there isn't none of them in my city, probably none in this country.

Welcome, brother!

--

I really don't see the benefit of an Auto Rifle compared to a Scout Rifle.

Village

Hello everyone, joined here for the gaming side, and lurked a bit here on OT, now I want to contribute here so:

Where you're from- São Paulo, Brazil
Where you live- São Paulo
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- My mother is black, my father is half-black half-white.
Do you know your roots- My mother's great grandfather was native Brazilian, my grandfather on my father side has Spanish roots.
Your Age- 20
Favorite musical genre- Soul, R&B, southern rap and a few metal bands.
Your profession/major/career interest- Getting a degree in Systems Analysis and Development.
Your religious affiliation- Neo-pentecostal
Hobbies- Gaming, reading and listening to music.

Can't answer because there isn't none of them in my city, probably none in this country.

Hey whats up.

You seen an orange old dude, with one arm?Dude keeps getting away from me.

Furyous

Let's discuss Belly because XXL did a retrospective.

http://www.king-mag.com/online/?p=7133

Apparently a good chunk of the movie was cut. Farrakhan advised Hype to have Tommy Buns let the Reverend live. That would've messed up the minds of all the youth to see him die that gruesomely. Basically, after all that killing a positive end gives people hope. That would've ended careers had it happened.

"LITTLE X (VISUAL CONSULTANT): The real story is about this guy who's lived this violent life joining a Nation of Islam-type organization, under direction from the government to get at the leader and kill (him). That's the story. When DMX got arrested, that should have been in the first 30 minutes."

Anyone want to talk about the ending?

Spoiler for ending speech:

Kraftwerk

Hmm, I just realized I never did this. I guess Ill give it a try;

Where you're from- Badakhshan(Faizabad), Afghanistan
Where you live- Toronto, Canada
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy /Do you know your roots- Both of these are hard to answer. Lot of folk say I look Italian/Spanish. My name is is half roman and half-arabic. You could say I'm Tajik
Your Age- 25
Favorite musical genre- Electronic, Jazz & Classical/Antiquity
Your profession/major/career interest- Currently freelance Government work and I am trying to start my own business
Your religious affiliation- Still searching for answers.
Hobbies- Cycling, hiking and urban exploration

KFC or Popeyes? Honestly can't answer.
Never had Popeyes in my life.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
He actually wore the costume before?(@ JDF)

I thought they just filmed the school and teenager bits and used stock footage from the japanese show

Seems kinda weird to make a reboot when they're all 40+ now

or dead

Slayven

He actually wore the costume before?(@ JDF)

I thought they just filmed the school and teenager bits and used stock footage from the japanese show

Seems kinda weird to make a reboot when they're all 40+ now

or dead
Yeah Japan ships over all the props and costumes as soon as they finish up a season.

You're just salty because I did in a couple hours what takes you a week.
Nah, just can't stand folks that fronting. Can't wait until you tweet "toatsmagoats beat the spider thingy"

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Japan ships over all the props and costumes as soon as they finish up a season.

Oh. Had no idea they made their own original content fight wise(outside of the movie, but he was white ranger then)

Thought they sort of just adapted to the source material and made their story around that

Nah, just can't stand folks that fronting. Can't wait until you tweet "toatsmagoats beat the spider thingy"

Pfft I've done every mission solo too. You mad.

I missed that what do I need to do.

Slayven

Oh. Had no idea they made their own original content fight wise(outside of the movie, but he was white ranger then)

Thought they sort of just adapted to the source material and made their story around tha
t

Some seasons they copy and passt, some they do their own thing. But they do usually make some of their own fight footage.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
devo in here intentionally trying to make me feel bad

and don't even try pvp unless you got a scout rifle or auto rifle lol

Slayven

"I am already level 5" What color is your gear? Have you unlock their bonues? Have you leveled your weapons? Have you leveled you skills?

"I am already level 5"

I swear folks be bragging over basic shit.

besada

Banned
Hmm, I just realized I never did this.

Me either.

Where you're from: Texas
Where you live: Texas (although I lived in Louisiana and Tennessee in between)
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: I am a very white person. I could actually show you a genealogical chart full of white people. My particular variety of white person is almost entirely Irish on my mom's side, and a Heinz 57 of German, English, Scots-Irish, and French, with a couple of exotic bits of Cherokee and Creole thrown in.
Do you know your roots: I do. Some of them are cool, most of them suggest I'm genetically disposed to be a drunken farmer who dies of cancer.
Your Age: I am forty-four. I was born four days after 1970 commenced.
Favorite musical genre: Difficult to say. I listen to everything. Part of not getting locked into the viewpoint foisted upon you by the times in which you were born is the seeking of new experiences as you age. I watched the birth of hip-hop from the suburbs and became fascinated, and I still listen to a lot of that. I like indie folk and rock. I like EDM (or Techno as we used to call it, a million years ago.) I like Jazz and I like blues. I don't listen to much classical, but after twelve years singing in various choirs, I know quite a bit about it. I like country produced before the 80's. I'm currently listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ2znlF5TVM
Your profession/major/career interest: I've had a twenty five year career as an IT generalist. I have done every major role in IT, from development, to administration, to project management. Since I went crazy and decided to throttle back, I currently administer several systems for a niche-market ERP software company.
Your religious affiliation: I am an atheist, but I was raised Southern Baptist. My grandparents wouldn't allow dice or cards in the house, so I didn't know Monopoly had dice until I was ten. I didn't know cards had hearts, clubs, diamonds, and spades, either.
Hobbies: Well, I moderate NeoGAF. I also write, make EDM, make hip-hop beats I'm embarrassed to share with anyone because I'm a forty-year old white dude, collect custom vinyl toys (Dunnys and Bearbricks), smoke weed, play video games, and once in awhile I play pen and paper role playing games. I am the Ur-Nerd.
KFC or Popeyes: Popeyes. But maybe an occasional extra-crispy bucket from KFC.

"I am already level 5" What color is your gear? Have you unlock their bonues? Have you leveled your weapons? Have you leveled you skills?

"I am already level 5"

I swear folks be bragging over basic shit.

tsundere-ass

Going from "I would take devo to the finest of dinners and then munch on her toenail clippings" to "I-it's not like I'm p-proud of you for r-reaching level 5 or anything, b-baka~" in less then a day

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
devo

all my friends think im an asshole and emotionally abusive now. thnx

all you have to do is go to the tower and talk to the person highlighted by your indicator for the crucible stuff

Jado

Banned
Welp, day one for me.

saved them as 1 image

l9qhsmE.png

DizzyCrow

Welcome bruh,

Welcome, brother!

--

I really don't see the benefit of an Auto Rifle compared to a Scout Rifle.

Hey whats up.
You seen an orange old dude, with one arm?Dude keeps getting away from me.

Thanks guys. I will try some Kentucky food when I go to one of these malls.

Jado

Banned
Calling KFC "Kentucky food" sounds really wrong and disrespectful... and I dont even know what Kentucky food is supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom