• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
In a world where Batman v Superman was announced with nothing but a quick photoshopped logo and still had folks hyped as fuck, I'd say there's a point.

They probably wanted at least something before announcement. At least with bvs they had one actor attached.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's incredibly likely (like, damn near guaranteed) it's going to be Shazam.

Now whether he'll be Shazam or Adam remains to be seen. I'm pulling for Shazam myself.

The awesome thing about the rock is that he could easily be both

Things I don't like about Destiny:

*doesn't really inform you well of where you're being fired upon from
*radar placement sucks

Agreed on the Motion Tracker bit. Seems odd, especially considering how intelligently Halo's UI was laid out, where most of the default information lined up onscreen with its relative position on controllers at least according to default layouts. Motion tracker (movement) on bottom left to align with left stick, grenades on LT and top-left onscreen, fire / switch weapons / action all situated in the top right portion of the controller (if action is RB), etc. In the originals where B was Melee, it even aligned with you throwing a punch right-center onscreen!

Hell, you could even make a case that Push To Talk and the DPad and/or Armor Abilities situated themselves on the left side of the screen. Most FPS UIs seem really unnatural to me, and Destiny's modifications in particular really seem like change for the sake of change.

Something else I dislike:

Dash is always thumbstick. I hate the sticks on the ps controllers for shit like that. My thumb is already cramping.

Also the fuck at Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon more Moon MOON GO FUCK YOURSELF MOON

Something else I dislike:

Dash is always thumbstick. I hate the sticks on the ps controllers for shit like that. My thumb is already cramping.

Also the fuck at Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon more Moon MOON GO FUCK YOURSELF MOON

Destiny 2: Rise of the Darkness Fallen, Moon Wizard's Awakening Unleashed

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Moon 10 times in a row

LITERALLY 10 times in a row

and I cannot play with some people its been proven now

DY_nasty

I play on 4 or 5 generally. don't get how people can play on 10. devo had a damned good point tho - makes no sense how console games can't have x and y axis sensitivity set differently. i know how much i fuck people up just by jumping right past them and titanfalling.

i honestly had more fun exploring the moon than i did doing the mission. there was some crazy shit that we found just roaming around for 30 minutes or so. the contrast between that one corner of the moon and earth was just massive. the art direction and design in this game is amazing

DY_nasty

PVP would be ten times better if it was just equalized but MMOs are shit at that.

It literally is.

Iron Banner is the unequalized stuff - and I wasn't taking your medium discount equipped character anywhere near that

and JC can stay broke and lumpy lol

hypernima

Banned
Is it? It didn't feel that way at all. Levels then =(.

I think you'd do better on shores of time or blind watch. DY's right for not going iron, no matter how much I bitched about it lol.

I think you'd be fine with your hunter once you unlocked 2nd grenade, PvE can still offer a lot of xp so you could get there quick.

DY_nasty

Is it? It didn't feel that way at all. Levels then =(.

damage, health, all that good stuff is normalized

the things that jut out are the weapon types. then its the weapon model within that type (gallahad, cydonia, etc - all ARs that respond and fire a bit differently). then its the upgrades specific to that individual weapon (increased stability, luck in the chamber, reactive reload, etc)

in iron banner, you try and go about your business with less than 140 armor or a sub 60 weapon and you'll know it immediately

damage, health, all that good stuff is normalized

the things that jut out are the weapon types. then its the weapon model within that type (gallahad, cydonia, etc - all ARs that respond and fire a bit differently). then its the upgrades specific to that individual weapon (increased stability, luck in the chamber, reactive reload, etc)

in iron banner, you try and go about your business with less than 140 armor or a sub 60 weapon and you'll know it immediately

Well my weaps are pretty shit.

DY_nasty

Well my weaps are pretty shit.

they were indeed pretty shit

the only weapon type that i feel comfortable saying is consistent throughout is the sniper rifle. no matter what, they've always been 2 shots body 1 shot head with roughly the same fire rate.

i'm still feeling as though I'd rather not see 12v12 or BTB in this though. i'm comfortable in the fukkery as is - but with that much potential chaos... naw

and the lag is really, really bad all-around. i'm glad bungie used the beta primarily to get there shit right on that end.

edit: and i don't know if you guys noticed, but i had more trouble killing pikes and turrets than I ever did with interceptors. absurd that you need 3 sniper rounds to kill a turret gunner at times

Thinking of doing a regular feature like this with the SWS peeps.

I think I'mma do a test run of Twitch stream of the PS4 Destiny Beta in 30 minutes or so. Just a test, if it turns out well I'll upload it to the site, otherwise it's just to get a feel of what we can do going forward.

Let me know if anyone is gonna be playing around then and if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom