• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Anyone up for some Destiny later? Shit's gettin' real repetitive, need bros to have fun with.

I might be getting on in a few. Last day of the beta and all.

edit: that thread is killing me right now. people going on about invisible walls killing them and i'm like... i can understand being shitty and butthurt about being shitty in pvp - but you guys can't even explore right. this is why you get bioshock infinites and CoDs and Ubisofts shit over and over.

I might be getting on in a few. Last day of the beta and all.

edit: that thread is killing me right now. people going on about invisible walls killing them and i'm like... i can understand being shitty and butthurt about being shitty in pvp - but you guys can't even explore right. this is why you get bioshock infinites and CoDs and Ubisofts shit over and over.

Oh it's the last day? lol.

harSon

Banned
I was originally turned off by the trailer cause I thought there was too much CG, considering this is George Miller and all, but reading up on it... I guess 80% of it is practical effects? I guess they showed all of the CG heavy stuff in the trailer then? Hopefully that's the case because I'm a HUGE fan of action scenes scenes, especially car scenes, that are almost exclusively composed of practical effects.

Edit: Actually, I can see most of that being practical outside of the sandstorm.

I was kind of half hoping they'd add some badass Aborigine characters, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Invisible walls?

Nah brehs you gotta move, the enemies will get up on your backside.

You also gotta grind which sucks. They were trying to play like you don't too. Fuckin' devs.

Jado

Banned
I don't think that whiteness needs to be dismantled. We aren't given anything special. We're just not laden down with superfluous bullshit from outside sources like everyone else. Whiteness doesn't need to be dismantled, it needs to be re-labelled and offered to everyone.

This is factually incorrect. Ordinary people who would not label themselves racist have been known to give preferential treatment to white job applicants whereas minorities are just treated normal/neutral -- not given anything special in your own words. That hiring manager can sleep soundly at night knowing he didn't treat anyone like shit, but may be unaware of the subtle bias and attention given to a white person. In a restaurant, the staff may be extra nice or quicker to serve a white family. Police casually ignore middle/upper class white drug users, again supporting the notion of above-normal leniency and respect given to only one group (and it's not just a class issue going by all the cases of affluent blacks treated less favorably or like outright criminals). We could also go into the massive disparity in arrests targets, conviction rates and harsher sentencing to prove that whites are treated unfairly well, above and beyond the norm.

DY_nasty

i really didn't expect mad max to look so dope

all i need is for harson to decide that he hates and i'll fandango the fuck out of that shit right now
Invisible walls?

Nah brehs you gotta move, the enemies will get up on your backside.

You also gotta grind which sucks. They were trying to play like you don't too. Fuckin' devs.

its heavily disguised grinding - which i can at least apprecaite. unlike other games where they smack you in the face with a fucking spreadsheet after every match.

White people are given something that's the most special, we're assumed to be the "default human being" in many places. Men have this over women. Straights have this over gays.

When you're considered "the default" person, anything that doesn't fall into that is considered "other." That essentially means that women, minorities and gays are constantly trying to fight stereotypes and be seen as just another qualified person who matters. You have to remind people not only that YOU exist but that YOU are an individual. It's a pain in the fucking ass.

Are they talking about the spawn-closets? Because the invisible wall for those is indicated with a really obvious hazy barrier. I dunno people miss that.

Farming for weapon drops is the worst.

I was stuck using the starting sniper rifle until just yesterday, because the weapon shop wasn't selling any and enemies kept dropping weapons I already had.

harSon

Banned
i really didn't expect mad max to look so dope

all i need is for harson to decide that he hates and i'll fandango the fuck out of that shit right now

its heavily disguised grinding - which i can at least apprecaite. unlike other games where they smack you in the face with a fucking spreadsheet after every match.

I have a huge hard on for Ozploitation (Australian Exploitation), so you're probably going to have to skip it. Hell, I have an original Road Warrior poster on my wall.

DY_nasty

^ oh word? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrj2fdguI1I
Are they talking about the spawn-closets? Because the invisible wall for those is indicated with a really obvious hazy barrier. I dunno people miss that.

People talking about not being able to jump off cliffs basically. Some guy was acting like Destiny is the only game to use spawn closets too which just had me like "gotta leave, its that thread now". The 'lanes' are very easy to identify after about 30 minutes of playing. People expected Skyrim though. Which is lol - but whatever. The world is more similar to Diablo 3 imo but there's not even discussion to be had in that particular thread between the exaggerations on both sides of the argument.

Another person literally compared Destiny's content to Titanfall.

The fastest way to get annoyed is to read a thread about a game. I'd rather play a game, in all it's fucked up glory then read what some idiot on gaming side says about it.

harSon

Banned
People talking about not being able to jump off cliffs basically. Some guy was acting like Destiny is the only game to use spawn closets too which just had me like "gotta leave, its that thread now". The 'lanes' are very easy to identify after about 30 minutes of playing. People expected Skyrim though. Which is lol - but whatever. The world is more similar to Diablo 3 imo but there's not even discussion to be had in that particular thread between the exaggerations on both sides of the argument.

Another person literally compared Destiny's content to Titanfall.

I can see the comparison being pretty apt. Most people's impressions between Titanfall during its beta, and Titanfall months after its release are probably two different things. The positive impressions during the beta were warranted, but the game simply didn't have enough content diversity to maintain a positive playing experience a month+ after its release. Destiny could end up being the same thing.

Slayven

White people are given something that's the most special, we're assumed to be the "default human being" in many places. Men have this over women. Straights have this over gays.

When you're considered "the default" person, anything that doesn't fall into that is considered "other." That essentially means that women, minorities and gays are constantly trying to fight stereotypes and be seen as just another qualified person who matters. You have to remind people not only that YOU exist but that YOU are an individual. It's a pain in the fucking ass.

That thread just reminds me of AM talk radio. I am waiting for the "Since Obama has become president Black on White crime has increased 57%".

I can see the comparison being pretty apt. Most people's impressions between Titanfall during its beta, and Titanfall months after its release are probably two different things. The positive impressions during the beta were warranted, but the game simply didn't have enough content diversity to maintain a positive playing experience a month+ after its release. Destiny could end up being the same thing.

I highly doubt that. Destiny's Beta probably has close to the same amount of content if not more than full-release Titan Fall

DY_nasty

getting on now.

eat with me brehs

notsureifserious

Slayven

I am not going to lie, I just figured out a couple days ago that you press select and your ghost find in zone mini missions for you.

DY_nasty

oh and btw

the bct lurkers are good people. been playing with a few guys that sent me friend requests that've never posted in this thread throughout the beta.

Gonna hop on Destiny after I make this food real quick. Fuck the naysayers, man. This game is addicting. Can't wait for September.

i dont think anyone wants to be the resident brony here
I don't understand how y'all laugh at me for having a pony avatar when y'all are the biggest animus on gaf.

Game needs a way to deal with campers if nades are going to be on cooldowns.

Have a default nade for clearing shit out that you can't upgrade or something if you're worried about the nade being OP if there isn't a cooldown or some shit.

God I need to get into multiplayer design or something these fools.

Mortemis

Banned
Speaking about animu, I just found out theres a new gundam show coming this fall, and its character designs remind me of bones. Can't say I have any hopes for it, but I kinda like it. Something feels off about the mechs to me but I kinda like it too.

Oh, and Destiny is day one for me, but I'm done with the beta for now. PvP is starting to really lag on the ps3, and I've already exhausted myself with exploring old russia. Now to wait.

Also can you have fucking areas to spawn in that vehicles or people cannot camp. Fuckin' a bungie, haven't learned shit from how many Halo games now?

Mortemis

Banned
Also can you have fucking areas to spawn in that vehicles or people cannot camp. Fuckin' a bungie, haven't learned shit from how many Halo games now?

I hate this, especially on the venus map which has like 4 spawn points. I would think bungie of all people would be able to avoid this shit.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
The fastest way to get annoyed is to read a thread about a game. I'd rather play a game, in all it's fucked up glory then read what some idiot on gaming side says about it.

I'm convinced a lot of people on gaming side don't actually properly play a lot of the games they slate on a daily basis. Just bandwagon jumping.

Then again, i tend not to take certain trends on here seriously. Or personally.

Nakazato

Brehs... Just got free tix to the next hunger games movie at best buy. I think you can use said tix for any movie you want. Go hop on it. It's at the samsung booth.

I'm convinced a lot of people on gaming side don't actually properly play a lot of the games they slate on a daily basis. Just bandwagon jumping.

Then again, i tend not to take certain trends on here seriously. Or personally.

This is why most of the good posters on Gaming side moved to Community, or have decided to leave GAF entirely. The noise from people who just wanna say "this shit sux" times infinity completely drowns out any legit discussion that could be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom