• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get tickets because I'm a BB employee, scust. A coworker who works at the Samsung booth said to try dressing in street clothes and go when she's there.

If it works for any movie, then I might just hold off on buying tickets for GotG.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking about animu, I just found out theres a new gundam show coming this fall, and its character designs remind me of bones. Can't say I have any hopes for it, but I kinda like it. Something feels off about the mechs to me but I kinda like it too.

Character designs are done by Kenichi Yoshida, same guy who designed the characters in Eureka 7, which is probably why it reminds you of a Bones show

and it's being directed by Tomino, who's essentially the father of the franchise. First series he's directed since Turn A Gundam over 10 years ago.

So yeah if you couldn't tell I'm beyond hyped about it. Most exciting series to come out of the franchise in years for me.

I can't get tickets because I'm a BB employee, scust. A coworker who works at the Samsung booth said to try dressing in street clothes and go when she's there.

If it works for any movie, then I might just hold off on buying tickets for GotG.

Have like a full-on disguise, with the fake mustache and hat.

Mortemis

Banned
Character designs are done by Kenichi Yoshida, same guy who designed the characters in Eureka 7, which is probably why it reminds you of a Bones show

and it's being directed by Tomino, who's essentially the father of the franchise. First series he's directed since Turn A Gundam over 10 years ago.

So yeah if you couldn't tell I'm beyond hyped about it. Most exciting series to come out of the franchise in years for me.

Wow, all of this sounds good. You can probably tell why I'm still skeptical of anything gundam, but I'll definitely watch this with some hopes.

Infinite

But what about Gundam Age?

Kappa

Breh, why are you trying to secret agent this? Just go to a different BestBuy

Slayven

I'm convinced a lot of people on gaming side don't actually properly play a lot of the games they slate on a daily basis. Just bandwagon jumping.

Then again, i tend not to take certain trends on here seriously. Or personally.
I said for years the vocal minority wants to talk about games more than they want to play them.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, all of this sounds good. You can probably tell why I'm still skeptical of anything gundam, but I'll definitely watch this with some hopes.

Yeah I understand completely. Honestly alot of people not me are pretty skeptical about this too.

but I'm a Tomino fanboy. He's pretty much the reason I'm so interested in animation as a storytelling medium.(none of the settings and themes in his shows would be possible in film) So seeing him back in the director's chair with staff from my favorite mecha show in the last 10 years has got my attention.

But what about Gundam Age?

Kappa

Just when I managed to forget this exists....

I get pretty annoyed with multiplayer design.

Like if you're going to have a modified upgradable grenade on cool down why not have a default grenade so people can still flesh out campers.

Also why spawn people out in the open on maps like the moon where people can just camp that shit with vehicles or run you over the minute you're trying to get towards a building.

Why is the radar solo in the left hand corner where there is no other reason to look and it's far away from my line of sight.

Why isn't there a better indicator to tell what direction you're being shot from.

Supercharged nonsense means more random killed in one second crap on top of power weapons and being knifed.

Then you gotta hold buttons to switch to power weapons instead of cycling through.

ugh

BHZ Mayor

Have like a full-on disguise, with the fake mustache and hat.

image.php

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Tickets is plural right?

Just tell whoever you're trying to go with to walk in and get you tickets

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
This WW body-type nonsense is like Hammer Girl and The Raid 2 all over again.

"How can she be skinny and fight men?"
"How can she beat a train full of guys?"
"I can't take her seriously swinging hammers as weapons. Batman looks cool though"

ReiGun

"I can't take her seriously swinging hammers as weapons. Batman looks cool though"

I say they just film every Wonder Woman scene with a different actress and let fans vote in for which one they like.

Given how little people generally care about Wonder Woman, they'd probably get away with it.

Todays excerpt from "As the Rio turns...."

roaddog-"Man I heard some shit. Your ex was with some cat named [REDACTED]."
me- "For real though, I dont give a shit."
roaddog-"Really you dont care."
me-""Not in the slightest. If it aint about my money, dont give 2 shits"

Tune in next week for "The Bold and the Rio"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Batman and Hammer Girl were equal levels of dumb. Worst part of that movie.

I get pretty annoyed with multiplayer design.

Like if you're going to have a modified upgradable grenade on cool down why not have a default grenade so people can still flesh out campers.

Also why spawn people out in the open on maps like the moon where people can just camp that shit with vehicles or run you over the minute you're trying to get towards a building.

Why is the radar solo in the left hand corner where there is no other reason to look and it's far away from my line of sight.

Why isn't there a better indicator to tell what direction you're being shot from.

Supercharged nonsense means more random killed in one second crap on top of power weapons and being knifed.

Then you gotta hold buttons to switch to power weapons instead of cycling through.

ugh

I'm always looking for technically savvy people to join my informal development team, but I don't know if it'd be your thing. I'm really pushing for it to be a free (as in, Quake 4 free, not F2P free) project, but it'd be pretty touch-and-go, and offer a lot of wiggle room.

Seeing an echidna dick wasn't on my agenda today but I guess it still happened

knuckledeep.pxr

BHZ Mayor

Todays excerpt from "As the Rio turns...."

roaddog-"Man I heard some shit. Your ex was with some cat named [REDACTED]."
me- "For real though, I dont give a shit."
roaddog-"Really you dont care."
me-""Not in the slightest. If it aint about my money, dont give 2 shits"

Tune in next week for "The Bold and the Rio"

Speaking of stuff you give a shit about, did you ever get your electronics back?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How much do you think Will Smith and Bill Cosby make off of Cosby Show and Fresh Prince? I always hear syndication's where the money is made for TV, and those shows are on ALL the time, across multiple channels. It's on for breakfast, lunch, and dinner around here.

I just watch it for Denise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom