• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

Well, at least one black dude plays an important role as a Palace Guard, which was very important back in ancient Egypt.

raCi8sd.png

Oh wait....

f3Uis7z.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
thanks for all the recommendations

i'll probably make the investment next week

and do the same for manga as well. need to see this bleach hype i been missin out on

RP912

Banned
This is gaf, some folks think when a sales person at the store asks "is there anything i can help you with?" is damn near assault and battery.

I don't usually get offended by gaf threads and trust me I seen some shit...but that thread got me wanting to take a gatorade break from the internet for a bit.

Must be nice to have such warp logic that some people have...

harSon

Banned
thanks for all the recommendations

i'll probably make the investment next week

and do the same for manga as well. need to see this bleach hype i been missin out on

There's a lot of overlap between anime and manga, but a lot of the time, the manga is so much better than the adaptation that it's not really double dipping. Especially in the case of Akira and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, where a movie's runtime wasn't adequate in capturing everything their source material had to offer. Lone Wolf & Cub, Vagabond and Uzumaki are good too.

And since we brought up Luc Besson today, I recommend reading The Incal, which is written by Alejandro Jodorowsky with art by Mobius. It was the inspiration for The Fifth Element (inspiration is probably to tame a word).

ReiGun

Being a parent is selfish now though?

In the sense that nowadays having a child doesn't really help anyone else but those having the kid, yes. Now, does that mean it's wrong to want to be a parent or that it can't add to your life in amazing ways? Absolutely not.

RP912

Banned
In the sense that nowadays having a child doesn't really help anyone else but those having the kid, yes. Now, does that mean it's wrong to want to be a parent or that it can't add to your life in amazing ways? Absolutely not.

I was hoping OP was going in this direction which seems like the logical case.

DY_nasty

I made the decision to adopt a few years ago.

Plan to do it around 33-36 or so.

RP912

Banned
It's 2014 and dudes are mad about 60fps/30fps. I'm sorry but I'm old school..as long as the shit doesn't look like a slideshow, the graphics are easy on the eyes, and the gameplay is solid then I'm game.

I'm the same dude that's hyping up the new civilization like it's on GTA 5 levels.

JohnDoe

Banned
I hate people who want to make everything seem selfish with their dimwitted #3deep5u bullshit because they just had philosophy 101.
The worst is people who talk shit about people who volunteer or do charity "isn' it selfish though?!" No motherfucker, just because your lazy ass sits at home doesn't mean you can project your selfishness onto people who try to be productive.

ReiGun

I made the decision to adopt a few years ago.

Plan to do it around 33-36 or so.

Same here.

I hate people who want to make everything seem selfish with their dimwitted #3deep5u bullshit because they just had philosophy 101.
The worst is people who talk shit about people who volunteer or do charity "isn' it selfish though?!" No motherfucker, just because your lazy ass sits at home doesn't mean you can project your selfishness onto people who try to be productive.
I think "selfish" might be the wrong term due to its connotations. It's possible to do something wholly for yourself and your personal fulfillment that also has a net good result for others. I can't really think of a better term atm, but yeah.

Slayven

It's 2014 and dudes are mad about 60fps/30fps. I'm sorry but I'm old school..as long as the shit doesn't look like a slideshow, the graphics are easy on the eyes, and the gameplay is solid then I'm game.

I'm the same dude that's hyping up the new civilization like it's on GTA 5 levels.

I am the same, way. All this jibber jabber is one of the most annoying aspects of a gaming community

RP912

Banned
The moment I built my rig and seen games load up in a blink of an eye blew my mind rather than the 60FPS shenanigans. I lost my shit the moment simcity 2013 ran better on my rig than my wife's laptop.

DY_nasty

To all my haters.

i7LolIKkEAOGg.gif

September 9th.

(Throwing Knife > Your sense of security on the back of a pike)

Not trying to be funny, but when has having a child ever helped anyone else? Genuinely curious.

DY_nasty

And would I eat a dog?

Depends.

1) Do I know that dog personally?
2) Is it delicious?

In that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom