• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh. i've hooked up with ppl at conventions before

but then again, i didn't walk around with a camera aimed square at a woman's chest while breathing in my own smells deeply

edit: LOL @ mumei's powering up gif

This. Remember this one blue-haired light-skinned chick at comic con when I still lived in SD.
YlVGJ.png

Had no idea who she was supposed to be, and didn't care.
Just rolled up, said hi and we started talking.

I just wanted to share since y'all are cool enough but still anonymous (and mature) enough for me to feel comfortable posting about some heavy shit like this.

She's real for sharing, but it's on you. So long as you take precautions, you can lower the risk. It's really if you think she's worth it. Either way, good luck.

Just read that article in it's entirety on the Tonga yellowface show. Like how could a group of people think that was a good idea? I mean a room full of people were like "yea!"...really?

Slight tangent, I actually met this Tonga chick a few months back. Super chill and really cute; had me like
ibhMR9bSgb1TO6.gif

EJO is a national treasure, but you guys don't understand how much of a staple La Bamba is.

One of the most beloved films about one of the only Mexicans who could hang out with white people back in the 50s!

harSon

Banned
EJO is a national treasure, but you guys don't understand how much of a staple La Bamba is.

One of the most beloved films about one of the only Mexicans who could hang out with white people back in the 50s!

Esai Morales stole that film. Love him in that film. Dude's mad underused. Was glad to see him get a huge role in Caprica, but that didn't last long.

I've actually met the director/writer of La Bamba, Luis Valdez , on several occasions. I could sit and listen to that man talk all day.

Don't worry, the "Anyone else <insert random opinion here>" threads about Destiny/AC/CoD/TLoU will start soon enough.

The answer is always yes, unless your shit is mad weird. Even then... internet.

"Does anyone else like to stack their severed heads vertically in the fridge." Yes, I'm sure someone does, you're not some special murdering snowflake.

Slayven

Just read that article in it's entirety on the Tonga yellowface show. Like how could a group of people think that was a good idea? I mean a room full of people were like "yea!"...really?

Slight tangent, I actually met this Tonga chick a few months back. Super chill and really cute; had me like [IMGhttp://i.minus.com/ibhMR9bSgb1TO6.gif[/IMG]

that is what I am saying. Somebody filed taxes, got licensed and bonded to do this hit.

Trey

Destiny is not what I wanted it to be but I can find time for a Bungie made twitch shooter.

There's only 5 threads about TLoU on the first page of the gaming side. Quick make more

Looks really good. But it's still the same game that I find uninteresting in all aspects but tone, setting and characters.

Saw an old ass black lady put hands on this boy in Wal-Mart today when I went to buy my bi-weekly dose of struggle protein power(thank you Imm0rt4l). Nigga was about to cry I swear

Esai Morales stole that film. Love him in that film. Dude's mad underused. Was glad to see him get a huge role in Caprica, but that didn't last long.

I've actually met the director/writer of La Bamba, Luis Valdez , on several occasions. I could sit and listen to that man talk all day.

Esai should be brown Tom Cruise, but Hollywood ain't shit
9jBmg.png

La Bamba is required viewing along with Selena, American Me, Stand And Deliver and Blood In Blood Out. When I was a kid and at someone's house to watch a movie, if they opened up their movie collection and didn't have 1 of those it was assumed they were wearing a wire.

tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif

Zeus himself descended from Mt. Olympus to give us mere mortals Destiny after Hades released Titanfall unto the world.
I realize you're making a joke

Real talk, I'm reallllllly looking forward to God of War. Uncharted 4 already has people shook for no reason.

When I was a kid and at someone's house to watch a movie, if they opened up their movie collection and didn't have 1 of those it as assumed they were wearing a wire.

You can apply this rule to adults pretty easily if there's no Blade Runner/T2/NJC/Scarface/Godfather in there. Bonus points for the "Now I'm angry" collection of Rosewood, Amistad and Roots.

this hollywood conversation made me look up Benjamin Bratt's background

Man, I always think everyone vaguely latino is automatically Mexican. My conditioning is conditioned yo

Trey

That TLoU remaster review thread is going exactly as expected.

Complaining about review scores has to be the most childish thing.

Kreed

There's an everything face. White people's faces were a canvas for all ethnic representations during those days. It's gotten better, but for whatever reason, Hollywood still occasionally insists on having to resort to a shit ton of make-up and prosthetics in place of simply casting someone who actually looks the part.

Anyone remember the Short Circuit movies?

KumaJG

I remember making a thread about asking more from TLoU's backstory and people got mad about that apparently

I bet you they didn't even play the TLOU either. Everyone wants to be critics/drama queens.

@Slayven get away from Plaza. She mine

Village

I remember making a thread about asking more from TLoU's backstory and people got mad about that apparently
People really like that game, suggesting that it isn't the best makes them upset.

Whats worse is when you have the conversation, about naughty dog working on jak or something, It gets really stupid

I love The Last of Us but reading some of the threads on GAF gets irritating really really quickly. Can't even handle the fact that some people don't think the game is all that.

Btw, Esco, Blessing Okagbare just destroyed the Jamaicans at the 100m for the Commonwealth Games

KumaJG

People really like that game, suggesting that it isn't the best makes them upset.

Whats worse is when you have the conversation, about naughty dog working on jak or something, It gets really stupid

You could say that about any game really. Gaming just has a loud vocal minority.

Trey

You could say that about any game really. Gaming just has a loud vocal minority.

Nah. TLoU is definitely a different beast. It's got the critical backing for its fans to get buck with, and it's an exclusive so it inherently attracts the media warriors.

It's why you never really see these kinds of threads for games like GTAV, which are just as critically well received, and commercially far more powerful.

Mumei

meh. i've hooked up with ppl at conventions before

but then again, i didn't walk around with a camera aimed square at a woman's chest while breathing in my own smells deeply

edit: LOL @ mumei's powering up gif

You need to watch Monster! Everyone needs to watch Monster.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Was a joke about the upcoming threads, but no. Don't have a PS4 or XBone. Might pick it up when I eventually get one of those consoles, but who knows how long it will take.
The last gen versions look pretty good too man.

KumaJG

Nah. TLoU is definitely a different beast. It's got the critical backing for its fans to get buck with, and it's an exclusive so it inherently attracts the media warriors.

It's why you never really see these kinds of threads for games like GTAV, which are just as critically well received, and commercially far more powerful.

I don't know Dark Souls vocal minority just as bad imo.

Imm0rt4l

Just peeped your thread. Its more likely you are upset that most don't agree with your opinion that there is a lack of world building.
But i havent combed through that whole thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom