• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Well Third Strike was as good as SF ever gets. Definitely one of the best fighters next to VF4/5/FS

Case in point.

3s fans love the game. ST games don't care about it. That's why the best 3s players stay playing 3s ie: Kuroda, who only plays sf4 casually. Conversely you got Daigo the God who has a strong ST background and dislikes 3s. ST is more footsie based so you have a lot of overlap between those fans and sf4 fans. 3s sorta mitigates zoning and footsies with parries, it's a whole other kind of beast and arguable the least 'street fighter' of the series.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They still make those? Last time I played one I had to put a spring in my PS1

izBDtTdXXyEfh.gif

Slayven

Been going through cosplaying while black, to get prepped for the yearly blackface on halloween threads. And it seems black people love Kill A KIll

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I did finally watch Nausicaa a few weeks ago

I didn't really enjoy it.

My system works for me. I need some distance from all the hype and acclaim to really judge and enjoy something for what it is.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
KoF and SNK games in general had the best(and most comprehensive) PS2 ports

You don't know struggle until you play Melty Blood

I still think 2nd Impact was better than 3rd Strike.

That's an opinion I guess

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
TLOU fans man, they always make me feel like they'd stab me in the street to protect that game.

I don't think they'd do that

They'd totally spit in your food or give you dirty money as change though

cdyhybrid

That is going to come as a consequence from people on the other end of the spectrum arguing that a game aint shit or is 'overhyped'(lol). And like you said 'a fine line'.

Agreed. Which is why I don't even bother reading that shit anymore. I was more trying to explain the line of thinking because I've felt the same way in the past. Nowadays, I know what I'm going to be playing/trying long before I ever actually read any opinions on it, so it doesn't even matter to me.

Have you ever seen how third strike fans are? ST fans and third strike fans are like oil and water.

Not familiar with fighting game stuff, unfortunately. I'm generally awful at them, and can't convince myself I could ever become good enough to make it worth putting in the hundreds of hours required to actually be competitive. I generally just watch EVO and that's it.

I think the one that irks me the most personally is Zelda. The last game is shit, the one before it is the best thing ever. Said shit game becomes the greatest thing ever when a new one is released and takes the shit game spot. Just a personal pet peeve.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Naughty Dog fans in general.
I wouldn't say so. I'm a naughty fog fan and I can understand people complaints about their prior games. Fuck the only game I think they've made even worth defending is uncharted 2. u1, u3, and TLOU, all have pretty glaring problems.

FyreWulff

Re-united with my tower. Finally playing Bioshock Infinite that I bought in the 2013 Steam Summer Sale.

My summary of the game thus far:

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

G-Fex

They still make those? Last time I played one I had to put a spring in my PS1

Slayven.

Slayven what are you doing? Shading the KOF games? You serious?

And Sonic..god man I'm shocked they made any more games past 3. Biggest mystery is how that series is still alive.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Man... I've just got horrible luck as a fighting game fan. Jun got killed off, Vanessa got Vanessa'd and KoF as a whole was thrown in the bushes, Nu/Lambda got nerfed to shit without mercy, Skullgirls was dead on release, Akihiko is free, Juri is mid-tier forever

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So cal people: y'all hear about that dude who got struck by lightning at Venice? Shit, I'm watching now the lightning strike got a bunch of people.

Gattsu25

Banned
Man... I've just got horrible luck as a fighting game fan. Jun got killed off, Vanessa got Vanessa'd and KoF as a whole was thrown in the bushes, Nu/Lambda got nerfed to shit without mercy, Skullgirls was dead on release, Akihiko is free, Juri is mid-tier forever
This one still burns.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

She's top in Ultra. and I think Nu is p good in BBCP

and you should take Skullgirls off of this. Betting on a 3 legged horse like that falls outside of the influence of "luck" breh.

You don't know pain until you realize Zafina will never get the tools she needs

What do you exactly mean. I think I know what you mean about Skullgirls but when it released years ago I was able to consistently to have people to play with. I'm not sure about it now because I don't really play fighting games anymore but it looks like the community is mostly on PC now.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

This shit killed me the most. You'd think MikeZ and co pissed off a voodoo priestess with the amount of shit that went wrong with Skullgirls.

So cal people: y'all hear about that dude who got struck by lightning at Venice? Shit, I'm watching now the lightning strike got a bunch of people.

Yea I heard, shit's crazy.

No shade, no shade. Just when someone brings up KOF, I expect them to mention Coolboarders, and Clayfighters next, when they are remembering a past era.

It was always pretty-to-look-at shit.

Clayfighters was a better fighting game imo

edit: godfucking damnit

ha

cdyhybrid

Had a restaurant offer our group free Carrot Top tickets in Vegas during my work trip last week. They went, I decided to just go drink at the bar instead. I think I made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom