• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

Holy shit at that Exodus Gods and Kings casting pic, movie looks phenomenal and the cast is talented. But brothas can't even land a leading role in a movie about ANCIENT EGYPT. Which is in AFRICA.

royalan

That dating and racial preference thread...smh

That thread pops up on GAF every few weeks or so, and you know what always gets me?

It's always a lot of guys saying things along the lines of "I'm not influenced by social contructs surrounding beauty. I just happen to like what I like! Whatever!"

And yet nobody seems to notice that, on a board that's largely dedicated to gaming, you have a lot of white men stating a preference for Asian women....

Not influenced
, eh?

So I'm thinking about just taking a van and driving out to the juggalo gathering next year with as much cash and grain alcohol as I can carry

RedSwirl

Fighters? What about Deadly Arts? I don't wanna know how much time I spent building characters in that game, but I will admit I STILL listen to that game's OST to this day.

Isn't that a good thing? Some of the games are pretty damn different from each other, so yeah, different opinions and stuff. I don't like all the Zelda games. Phantom was boring shit and had the annoying touchscreen controls. TW was a bore in the first few hours so I just quit. It's fine to leave a few of the games behind and move on to ones you like. Shouldn't be a single consensus.

What get's to me is how they all argue on what the One True Path for the Zelda franchise should be. They don't seem to actually accept how different from each other the Zelda games are and just think some of them are terrible while others are great, and which is which changes from person to person.

I've just accepted some of the GOAT games are behind us.

I don't really care how defeatist this sounds.

Some? Sure.
I still look forward to more though. Destiny seems like one, Uncharted is another candidate, God of War, next Borderlands...

Not quite sold on the next Mass Effect.

Some? Sure.
I still look forward to more though. Destiny seems like one, Uncharted is another candidate, God of War, next Borderlands...

Not quite sold on the next Mass Effect.

Destiny is hyped to shit for how repetitive it already felt. I hope they add more in because meh.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hall and Oats and Teena Marie were the two acts I heard a lot of as a kid that made me realize this "Soul Thing" wasn't just exclusive to black people. White people could put that stank on it too.

mom put me on awb a while back, theres a few acts that have suprised me

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
That dating and racial preference thread...smh

That thread pops up on GAF every few weeks or so, and you know what always gets me?

It's always a lot of guys saying things along the lines of "I'm not influenced by social contructs surrounding beauty. I just happen to like what I like! Whatever!"

And yet nobody seems to notice that, on a board that's largely dedicated to gaming, you have a lot of white men stating a preference for Asian women....

Not influenced
, eh?

You know, I really don't care if people prefer one race over another. I just like to explore the factors behind it and be more informed.

Sometimes I feel like one fucked up cookie looking at all of these narrow minded posters in these threads. I NEVER had the idea in my head that I preferred one race over the other. I always just look for features I like and work from there. Not once has my preferences lead me to be more drawn to one race over another because I've seen said features on many men of all areas of the world.

Only furthers my theory that these are people who purposefully chose to be creepy and are only getting defensive because they're sensitive to being labeled that way. Oh well. I'm not concerned with feelings. The facts are the facts and sometimes we gotta face them.

Okami felt like a pretty good Zelda game.

There was a lot of content in the game--I thought I was getting near the end...and nope. Here's the new area with snow. Have fun.

All of that hidden content was fun too. Fighting against the real Kusa squad and other bosses was pretty fun, as were the races.

I put something like 124 hours into that game and regret nothing.

Okami is my 5th favorite game of all time. I am still mad that we didn't get a proper sequel because the combat could've been improved and I'd like to see more powers and how they could be used differently in gameplay.

Edit: I love me some Blankman. It's still sitting in my room.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hall & Oates are incredible. Everything they've done deserves a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom