• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okami felt like it was 15-20 hours longer than it needed to be.

Did I really need to fight Orochi 3 times? Like, really?

That's like a Capcom trope though:

devil-may-cry-3-mission-18-002.jpg

Doesn't make you wrong, I actually think they could cut down on some of the content.

And the Bladedancer late-game skill tree looks pretty boss.

Crocodile

Okami is my 5th favorite game of all time. I am still mad that we didn't get a proper sequel because the combat could've been improved and I'd like to see more powers and how they could be used differently in gameplay.

Edit: I love me some Blankman. It's still sitting in my room.

You can get in line after I get my Viewtiful Joe 3 :p

andthebeatgoeson

The one fanbase I'm a part of but am really getting sick of is the Zelda fanbase. It spends basically all its forum time tearing itself apart.

Have you ever seen such a fractured fanbase as Zelda's? Nobody agrees on which Zelda games are the "right" ones and which ones messed up the franchise. Then you've got data showing the series' actual sales run contradictory to how a lot of people perceive it. It's fucked up that I consider myself a Zelda fan but I seem to be one of a select few people who actually enjoys nearly all the Zelda games.
Zelda curse. I'm not interested in debating 10's of points but Zelda pretty much average a 90 in my book. So when cats call one game 'total shit' and another goat, it's like they are using an electron microscope to measure. There's not a lot of distance between them.

DominoKid

somehow i got Private Eyes stuck in my head for a while. i'm not even sure where i heard it from. then my pops gave me a bunch of their CDs. they cool.

the br is dead devo

embrace the throwing knife gawds

Fuck that mess.

I'd rather play some old FPS on the computer but you know the people on that stuff are basically 10+ years of rocket jumping, blane your ass so quick with the railgun types that it wouldn't be worth it =/.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Every time people say Hall and Oates I just get "you're out of touch, i'm out of time" in my head.

im not taking the bait.

family man is really syncing with the chapters of tokyo ghoul that im reading, which is pretty good when it finally kicks the fuck off

The older I get the more it just flat out depresses me how many groups, jobs, events, you name it, just don't have their shit together.

It always shocks me when I hear what the average person makes. Dude at the gym today was going on about how he was going to be "set" once he gets that $11 /hr Wawa job. I just can't imagine how people cna even live off of getting paid so terribly.

I am in full blown Destiny withdrawal mode right now.

I had a lot of games with some of you; DY_nasty, Devo, Kursk, Biggz (I'm ScareGoat)

I won't be forgetting that throwing knife to the face while I was on my Pike anytime soon DY. My pride was stung!

I had a lot of games with some of you; DY_nasty, Devo, Kursk, Biggz (I'm ScareGoat)

I won't be forgetting that throwing knife to the face while I was on my Pike anytime soon DY. My pride was stung!

Me too, I'm Kursk on PSN.

I turned on my ps4 this morning and was like.....oh I'll play some...resogun? Alriht I guess.

the fuck is this? Heavenly_Hammer (PSN)

what platform and why was I not invited? sonsobitches

Me too, I'm Kursk on PSN.

I turned on my ps4 this morning and was like.....oh I'll play some...resogun? Alriht I guess.

Yeeeaahh, nothing in my PS4 library is looking all that great right now. Destiny spoiled me. I need to friend you on PSN, I forgot to send you one during those GAF crucible matches.

andthebeatgoeson

Why can't I wake up to some fun and interesting threads on OT?
Date rape is not interesting?

So, I just realized Sin City 2 will not be that good. Why? Cuz it's hard to pull off a sequel, especially to a stylized movie where the script and characters were a big draw for me. What's the likelihood the just mimic the first movie instead of making it a different project?

Slayven

Date rape is not interesting?

So, I just realized Sin City 2 will not be that good. Why? Cuz it's hard to pull off a sequel, especially to a stylized movie where the script and characters were a big draw for me. What's the likelihood the just mimic the first movie instead of making it a different project?

Date rape is less rape than stranger rape, get it right.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The date rape vs stranger rape thing isn't strange at all. He's not saying one is "better" than the other and as far as I can tell, he's not trying diminish either.

How any of that translates to what Israel is doing is completely different. I still don't know that fits together.

Also, Israel's stuff along with Ukraine... I don't think people realize how stupid they sound talking about this stuff at times. It's really, really easy to recognize the person who operates solely on talking points and opinion pieces.

Brehs, Hall and Oats are the truth

I have the Best Of on my phone. Adult Education has AMV written all over it. And if no one has done it before

Live From Daryl's House

Do yourself a favor and start watching all of his episodes (some will be better than others)

Top 10 (in no particular order)
Life's Too Short - Diane Birch
One on One - Cee Lo Green
Caravan of Love - Daryl Hall House Band
Strange Arrangement - Mayer Hawthorne
Picking Up The Pieces - Fitz and the Tantrums
Do What You Want, Be What You Are - Sharon Jones
I Miss You - Daryl Hall House Band
I Can't Go For That - Chromeo
Backstabbers - Daryl Hall House Band
Dreams - Neon Trees

Status