• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=864200

Denzel-Orbis.gif

hypernima

Banned
I wish we lived in that world.

I know what you saying, but we aren't at that point yet.

Haha, I'm just being facetious dude. It's all good.
The thing is that I hate that saying to a T. And I was subjected to a thread just like that one you posted.

The number one thing I hate about "we are all humans" is that is it erasure of personal experience by some white people. Yea sure we are all humans but don't try to deny my culture and personal experience because you want to sweep past transgressions under the rug and act like its all good.

But then again I'm less militant in stance than my cousin who wants all Oyinbo out of Nigeria. (His reasoning relies on Royal Dutch Shell, and Nigerian sex trafficking.)

I wonder if we'll eventually plateau in OT and get so many derailers banned that we won't require cullings on a frequent basis.

Gaming-side is probably going to be Shit Mountain forever, though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ALL HAIL KING BOOKER

I swear I can't even LOOK at Sharmell without that going on repeat in my head

RP912

Banned
Booker was greatness. I'm still salty they won't let him do commentary any more. I would love to hear 3 hours of his rambling than jbl trying to figure out how to use twerking in a non corny fashion.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Booker was greatness. I'm still salty they won't let him do commentary any more. I would love to hear 3 hours of his rambling than jbl trying to figure out how to use twerking in a non corny fashion.

Get me black snow and chet lemon on main event and ill watch.

Hey gaiz, white people get hiveminded too, us too!

Ugh I've been hating this "Us too" movement shit. Shit has been annoying because it stifles any type of discussion. Women sexually harassed in gaming industry, "us too!"…ugh like, fuck off you asses.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Ugh I've been hating this "Us too" movement shit. Shit has been annoying because it stifles any type of discussion. Women sexually harassed in gaming industry, "us too!"…ugh like, fuck off you asses.

Shit is infuriating.

Imm0rt4l

I don't think I've ever heard ANYONE say 'what's good in the hood?" but I feel like I've heard it on tv/in movies tons of times. Maybe that slang just skipped over LA, please advise.

I've never heard it posed as a question. Just stuff like "is this what's good in the hood?" or more commonly "is this what's hot in the streets?", usually facetiously.

Someone explaining their struggles or hardship with you and your go to response is 'yea, me too!" First you're an asshole if you're not sharing a very similar situation, second you're either ignorant as fuck, oblivious or just being a dickhead towards someone without provocation. Who raised you?

It comes off as very self centered.

Someone explaining their struggles or hardship with you and your go to response is 'yea, me too!" First you're an asshole if you're not sharing a very similar situation, second you're either ignorant as fuck, oblivious or just being a dickhead towards someone without provocation. Who raised you?

It comes off as very self centered.

Honestly, I've said my peace in the thread and I'm over it now. That's something I wouldn't have been able to do in my younger days. I would have attempted to make someone understand on the internet. Now I'm good. I just make my points in a very thorough fashion and move along. I would have suggested some Charles V. Hamilton and Stokley Carmichael readings, but I don't think GAF is ready for all that.

Let he who hath an ear to hear, let him hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom