• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New compared to what.

It's been this way for a while.

Unless you're addressing someone else.

It's great. We love the Fabulous Ones in Wrasslegaf, and I can't tell you how pleased I was when I saw it happen a ways back.
i0PzwT1erffqf.gif

Gorillaz

Was bout to lock in a 3 bedroom near downtown campus, was talking back and forth with the Realtor for months about it, felt safe(this was my biggest mistake feeling comfy with it) because it was late in the housing game for someone else to really challenge us for it, was about to sign with them this friday and found out today that shit was rented out over the weekend.

Fucking hell man, one of the guys room with us was living in a hotel just for a week until we signed the contract. Shit literally feels like the ground beneath me vanished

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was bout to lock in a 3 bedroom near downtown campus, was talking back and forth with the Realtor for months about it, felt safe(this was my biggest mistake feeling comfy with it) because it was late in the housing game for someone else to really challenge us for it, was about to sign with them this friday and found out today that shit was rented out over the weekend.

Fucking hell man, one of the guys room with us was living in a hotel just for a week until we signed the contract. Shit literally feels like the ground beneath me vanished

Did they not mention it was also available for lease? If they didn't that might be a violation of a Realtor Code of Ethics depending on how it went down. If you need real estate help, PM me. I know a lot about it.

Gorillaz

Did they not mention it was also available for lease? If they didn't that might be a violation of a Realtor Code of Ethics depending on how it went down. If you need real estate help, PM me. I know a lot about it.

They did mention it was up for lease, however it was only on their site and not on the front lawn of the place, something about change of hands of owners where they got it too late to really make a push for it beyond their website

honestly it partly if not mostly falls on us for feeling like nobody was going to step up this late in the season, plus we were all in the middle of the job hunt trying to make sure we weren't going to get hit hard by the rent. This is that shit that burns the soul breh

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They did mention it was up for lease, however it was only on their site and not on the front lawn of the place, something about change of hands of owners where they got it too late to really make a push for it beyond their website

honestly it partly if not mostly falls on us for feeling like nobody was going to step up this late in the season, plus we were all in the middle of the job hunt trying to make sure we weren't going to get hit hard by the rent. This is that shit that burns the soul breh

Yeah if it says it clearly on their MLS sheet, well...what can you do. That sucks. You happy with your Realtor's performance?

Gorillaz

Yeah if it says it clearly on their MLS sheet, well...what can you do. That sucks. You happy with your Realtor's performance?
ehh they are alright, I just liked the place alot

Feels like I took a big ass L for thinking no one else was dumb enough to wait it out like us and it was going to go smooth sailing regardless.

This must be how Gata feels day in and day out with that pony avatar, surprised he could carry that L with him like that, must be like a scarlett letter at this point, wearing it with pride

Mortemis

Banned
I don't even wanna know the amount of shit posts you gotta have to fill a thread about Destiny having one are per planet with over 4000 posts. Made sure I stayed out of that thread.

I wonder when today's 'I don't like Destiny' thread is going to pop up, unless I'm not seeing it yet.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
AT&T guy pulls up to the house and sits outside in his van the entire time. Calls me and says he's at my place and rung the door bell and no one answered...oh word? I didn't want to challenge dude because I just want him to fix my damn connection. So I tell him I'll open the door.

I kid you not, this dude is rocking a grill and some big ass stud earrings…

He's outside at the moment but I was taken back like hell.
What's wrong with your service (use to work for the company).

Kraftwerk

Can I ask you guys something?

Take this image for example;

tumblr_mifkwbaPYf1r5zq6ao1_500_large.gif

If I am cruising this thread, and see slayven raging hard, and post that in response, is it still wrong? Might be a dumb question....

Please go ahead and call me dumb and whatever else. I am sincerely trying to be educated. Growing up in the middle east really affected me, and there was nobody to prevent us kids from saying whatever the fuck we wanted. I sometimes catch myself and have to take a deep breath, as I want to make a really dark joke, but realise that things are different and I might actually offend someone.

Kraftwerk

Wouldn't recommend it. Gotta take the larger black community into account, even if people here didn't mind.

That's what I thought.

I mainly asked since I have seen many non-black folk say things something and end it with "nigga" and nobody said anything.
Even on Gaf. Not trying to call anyone out.
Was just confused about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's what I thought.

I mainly asked since I have seen many non-black folk say things something and end it with "nigga" and nobody said anything.
Even on Gaf. Not trying to call anyone out.
Was just confused about it.
Thats the right approach.

I remember when count dook used to run jokes by me in PMs to see if they were safe lol

JohnDoe

Banned

I love the era of Hip-Hop where I found my influences. They were all over the place, ranging from Chuck D and Public Enemy to LL Cool J to KRS-One and Boogie Down Productions and others like De La Soul. Even the so-called gangster rappers had something to offer. Ice Cube, Scarface and Willie D of the Geto Boys, and Ice-T all get nods for being influential in my upbringing. - See more at: http://mommynoire.com/115128/dear-nicki-minaj-open-letter-father/#sthash.zzSZtvNV.dpuf

:dusty:

Almost all of those old rap artists he mentioned have said some awfully misogynist things in their songs.

Why is the onus always on women to be role models when the most harmful shit doesn't even come from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom