• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Sp n64 just had Golden Eye, wrestling games, and Mario games?

Nintendo did have Rare helping them out back then, back when people actually cared about them. Otherwise the N64 had a lot of games that wouldn't have made it on any other system with real support, but because N64 only owners needed games to play, everything became a instant "classic". There were some "gems" mixed in there like Turok, but most of the games were struggle like Fighters Destiny and Snowboard Kids.

Slayven

Nintendo did have Rare helping them out back then, back when people actually cared about them. Otherwise the N64 had a lot of games that wouldn't have made it on any other system with real support, but because N64 only owners needed games to play, everything became a instant "classic". There were some "gems" mixed in there like Turok, but most of the games were struggle like Fighters Destiny and Snowboard Kids.

The blade gun from Turok felt so right with the rumble pac.

Christina Aguilera is trifling

Spoiler for not stomach safe/not work safe pregnant fuckery

This is the equivalent of how white people look at obese black women wearing outfits that are grossly inappropriate.

COVER THAT SHIT UP. White women be comfortable as shit showing off their pregnancy with blatant disregard for the public decency. Ain't nobody trying to see that shit. Fuck your pregnancy. You dudes condoning this shit need help.

Considering how photoshopped that picture is, I can't really call it nudity. :)

It all goes back to Demi Moore. And I understand that this grosses you out (since you're the man who said "fuck yo titties" about your breastfeeding boss), but there are people out there who find nude pregnant women beautiful.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

Snowboard Kids was good.

Replay that lion king game breh, there probably wasn't any other level after that one, like that was back when they didnt know how to balance difficulty on console and instead made like 3 hardass levels a game and called it a day

Why is he even riding an ostrich my dude
Had the whole playground talking about that level. Had that one dude saying he beat it and then you fight Scar and shit, negro pls you just got that from the movie. Ain't nobody made that jump

strobogo

Banned
Worst game I've played?

Super_mario_sunshine.jpg

Game is straight garbage.

iYNHJNqP7mAjc.gif

Using that logic, maybe black people should give white people space when crossing the street. Given how man white people have experienced harassment or abuse or been made feel unsafe from black people, it's just common courtesy to give us our space right? Fuck no. But that's essentially her argument.

What. No.

Natural's Law.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Christina Aguilera is trifling

Spoiler for not stomach safe/not work safe pregnant fuckery

This is the equivalent of how white people look at obese black women wearing outfits that are grossly inappropriate.

COVER THAT SHIT UP. White women be comfortable as shit showing off their pregnancy with blatant disregard for the public decency. Ain't nobody trying to see that shit. Fuck your pregnancy. You dudes condoning this shit need help.

04ruZqx.png

You scared of pregnant women or something? They're not gonna come at you demanding child support. She ain't ugly skinny nor pregnant breh.

Silky

Banned

bruh

Public decency lmao.

It's a magazine shoot and a thread you don't have to enter.

Fury be like those brehs at the strip club asking the girls not on stage to cover up.

Crocodile

Easy Xandarians just look human, as do a lot races because Celestials run around the universe fucking with races' evolution.

Starlord isn't human? Or (going from the trailers), the black guy who says "who?" or the officers who arrest Starlord or those commanders I think I remember talking at some point?

Oh hell naw.

Sunshine gets WAY more hate than it deserves. ALL the Gamecube entries to Nintendo's franchises do, for some reason.

Is it the greatest? No. But it's still a solid platformer. One of the best we got that gen.
Although, Sly Cooper put that long stroke on it.

Also?
I still think Nintendo's Gamecube games get so much shade thrown at them now because people feel the need praise EVERYTHING Nintendo releases for Wii/Wii U to the absolute high heavens (and shit on what came before) in an attempt to justify those platforms.

This reads like some serious projection LOL. The ability to make good games has never been Nintendo's problem - its all the other things.

A friend and I were talking not too long ago about how the gamecube was a pretty weird time for Nintendo as a lot their big franchises took these deviations no one really expected. Zelda with the cel-shading, Metroid became a first person shooter/adventure game, Sunshine's odd cleaning up narrative, Star Fox Assault, pretty much everything they did with Donkey Kong. The Gamecube was where they stepped out their comfort zone a bit with weird games like Chibi Robo and Animal Crossing.

I'd like a return to that sort of experimentation not only for Nintendo, but for a lot of big pubs. However, given the financial situations at present, I get why it's not really happening.

I think the Wii era represents a pretty big step outside the norm - its just a lot of those products weren't aimed at "us". I will agree that some of that experimentation during the GCN days may have earned those titles some unneeded ire. Though I think general opinion is turning around now that a lot of those same people aren't 13 anymore and are grown enough to realize that cel-shading isn't "teh kiddie" and shit.

Back during the N64 era, I was still young enough that playdates were pretty frequent. From a 4 player, multiplayer experience the N64 couldn't be beat and 2+ more players is how I played most of my video games back then. I think the multiplayer experience is what really justified the N64

Trey

Sometimes I think GAF is a progressive place. Then I read a feminism/race thread, and then laugh a little.

The leadership is progressive. And will ban the shit out of people who can't articulate their opinions civilly.

GAF reflects the hardcore gaming demographic very thoroughly. The more unsavory parts of it are just generally suppressed, but foolishness bursts through the seams all the time.

At this point, I don't know why people are surprised.

Kraftwerk

If GAF cared, they would've gave dude an intervention months ago.

Yeah. He was in a suicide thread once saying how the person was just an attention-whore. I called him out, and he got banned. Once he got unbanned he send me a PM on how "If I was happy that I got him banned" and some shit like that. Couldn't make this shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom