• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
A1 is godlike.

Maggi > A1

Maggi is the GOAT
ci_maggi_cubes.jpg

Jado

Banned
Hey. Hey. I occasionally get other mods to make enormous threads at my insistence that no one posts in, too.

Try this experiment. Post two similar threads with similar articles. One as yourself and the other through as a willing participant on GAF.

In a way, you guys are like the closest thing to the police that some Gaffers will deal with in their lives. They will keep quiet and avoid you at all costs to avert any chance of "brutality" (ban) at your hands. Using a proxy to voice your thoughts may yield better results and do a better job at helping shape forum culture. As is, people are just ignoring your stuff.

I was a mod for another forum a long time ago. (Actually I'm still an active mod there, but the low traffic means I don't have to do much.) You do lose a bit of the fun of being a poster, as you're always watching what you say or only stepping into threads to enforce forums rules. Couldn't imagine modding something on the scale of GAF.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dont you love it when peoole rather talk about semantics rather than the topic at hand?

I was a mod for another forum a long time ago. (Actually I'm still an active mod there, but the low traffic means I don't have to do much.) You do lose a bit of the fun of being a poster, as you're always watching what you say or only stepping into threads to enforce forums rules. Couldn't imagine modding something on the scale of GAF.

Absolutely disgusting.

On the forum I frequent the most, the mods are the ones that create the most threads.

I think it depends on the forum. I was a mod on another forum as well, and the environment there was quite different regarding the mod/poster relationship.

The site was also a fucking cesspool with no way to stop people from making alt accounts if they were banned, which contributed to my leaving.

J10

Banned
Dont you love it when peoole rather talk about semantics rather than the topic at hand?

Folks have got to start shutting that shit down. Don't engage in a side argument. Let them know that they're drifting into territory that you don't give a shit about and isn't relevant.

Mumei

Try this experiment. Post two similar threads with similar articles. One as yourself and the other through as a willing participant on GAF.

In a way, you guys are like the closest thing to the police that some Gaffers will deal with in their lives. They will keep quiet and avoid you at all costs to avert any chance of "brutality" (ban) at your hands. Using a proxy to voice your thoughts may yield better results and do a better job at helping shape forum culture. As is, people are just ignoring your stuff.

I don't need to do an experiment; quite a few of the topics Gaborn used to make on Controversial Issues were because I asked him to.

I don't really feel that I need to watch what I say, at least no more than I usually did. I sometimes feel like regular conversational posting in contentious threads is more difficult, but I think that has more to do with other posters' feelings than about how my posting has changed.

FyreWulff

It's offtopic for this thread but I've been considering making a thread series where I'd get the forum to discuss each US president for a week, in chronological order, up until we run out of dead presidents. Really dig into each one

I wonder if people would go for it

(it'd have to be every week, otherwise it'd take like, 3 years to finish the entire series)

besada

Banned
So, there I am at work, post-racial white cismale who doesn't see color, trying to do a little light reading of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration guide, and there it is...the dehumanizing stare!
1Q3qVRy.jpg

Seriously, how am I supposed to learn in this racially oppressive atmosphere?

Jado

Banned
I don't need to do an experiment; quite a few of the topics Gaborn used to make on Controversial Issues were because I asked him to.

Interesting. Who's your new herald? You need a new guy to get shit riled up.

The life hacking thread? I thought I had my bases covered in the OP with disclaimers and seriously didn't see the thread taking that idiotic turn for the worse. GAF always surprises me with the level of reaching for bullshit to ignore the actual point.

I use to mod for Teamxbox. That was an interesting experience.

Parallax

Because I'm a mod at Millarworld?

Exactly.

The life hacking thread? I thought I had my bases covered in the OP with disclaimers and seriously didn't see the thread taking that idiotic turn for the worse. GAF always surprises me with the level of reaching for bullshit to ignore the actual point.

It doesnt help that it feels like they didnt read the whole article either, because they keep ranting on the first example while ignoring the second.

Infinite

Interesting. Who's your new herald? You need a new guy to get shit riled up.

It's almost like they're sticking their fingers in their ears saying screaming "lalala racism is dead lalala"

Slayven

What part of the game is this. Dudes talking on their phone on public transportation... saying all kinds of personal shit out loud for everyone in the same train department to hear.
"She said that only through being with me she realized how sad she truly was..."
You say this kind of shit out loud in front of strangers?
Folk think a forcefield come sup when they turn on their cellphone.

I was a mod for IGN's MMORPG boards.

Dream-visions voice could qualify for a home loan.
That shit is so smoove, dude has to wear the Bane mask to mess with his voice less he accidentally get someone pregnant ordering a big mac.

Rio's story needs a lot of cutting, trust me Rio.

Oh I know it does. You are a gentleman and scholar for sifting through that audio. That unfiltered would be totally funny though.

I was tired as fuck. That hospital visit didn't do anything for me. What's bad is I went back after we concluded.

Jado

Banned
What was the big deal with Kick-Ass? The comics suck, the movie sucked. Did not bother with volume 2(?) or the sequel.

???

Late to this, but might as well;

Friend send me this girl on girl action vid. The title was just "Nurse Lesbian etc"

Three of them.

They started kissing and the usual, and then I get a damn important phone call, I mute but don't pause. I am on the phone and get up to get some files from the other room.

I walk back into my room and they nurses have snowballed a piece of shit, all round and shit and are chewing on it at the same time.

Needless to say I ran to the bathroom.

I am sorry BCT :"(

Starting to regret asking that question

Slayven

What was the big deal with Kick-Ass? The comics suck, the movie sucked. Did not bother with volume 2(?) or the sequel.

???

My sister the other day asked me what hell was wrong with the people that made that stupid ass movie, her words. I could only laugh.

Parallax

???

dont know. id make a guess that they jumped on millar with red son or ultimates(which was garbage too) and jumped off on kick ass, thinking it was some mature graphic novel thats a deconstruction of capes comics. except its the usual millar stuff, ridiculous, and in the end insulting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom