• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitch taking that giant L to devalue their buyout with these content system they implemented, it's even flagging their own videos audio made by them

BuY53FWIcAA1Pw0.jpg

it's also flagging Valve's dota 2 music on Valve's Twitch channel
https://twitter.com/emitans/statuses/497152749906456576

Yo. How did you deal with this shit? http://t.co/TecV7JYA0f

I don't think I had to deal with this too much growing up in Ghana. I'd say there wasn't too much of a nerd culture compared to like in the US. It sounds silly but having 2-3 channels outside of Satellite TV meant we all had to share VCDs and tapes of anime. If you had any access to video or PC games, you shared the love.

andthebeatgoeson

Yo. How did you deal with this shit? http://t.co/TecV7JYA0f
I used to get it when I was younger. I was a nerd who had no cool points. Not just because of video games. Because of tennis. I was called white boy. Bullied. Eh, I made it out.

Just heard from some people I haven't seen since 93. Our old neighborhood in Philly went to shit. Many got into drugs and got arrested. Some died.

Looking back, it was a pain in the ass going thru that. But I don't have a record. So, I'm not bitter. It's just one of those things. Hopefully, I can help my kids get thru it easier.

Watching Action Jackson, aside from the plot being classic 80s (ridiculous), didn't realize that Sharon Stone was basically asking him for it the whole movie.

xnipx

OSeJoLe.jpg

So the head of my local mega church thinks this show should be boycotted lol. If you want to laugh at some hypocrisy google Jamal Bryant scandal and read up on him.

dude asked me where do black people shop for clothes, told 'em I'll take a poll and get back to you

BCT pls respond

I think I speak for all Black Men™ when I say I get all my clothes by stealing from rummage sales and loitering in JCPenny with a dehumanizing stare until they give me free shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I get my jeans from those shady urban stores that sell hilariously overpriced items and either order shirts online or get them from off the wall t shirt places or hot topic

I get snazzy at men's warehouse or nordstrom

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Action Jackson, aside from the plot being classic 80s (ridiculous), didn't realize that Sharon Stone was basically asking him for it the whole movie.

Action Jackson is a great movie. I love Carl Weathers. I used to work in a rough part of town that had security guards and such, and one of ours was a dude who looked JUST like Carl Weathers. As in...he was the real deal, I could have told ANYONE he was Carl Weathers and people would believe it. Only problem is he had this super-high voice that sounded so damn funny. That was the only thing in the way. Guy looked IDENTICAL to him though...

DY_nasty

Yeaaah those shady urban stores you know white ppl never step foot in and got Mario dressed like a gangster on a 3XL shirt

Finding jeans is hard.

My legs are too stronk and powerful for that shit that they sell at Gap

Twitch taking that giant L to devalue their buyout with these content system they implemented, it's even flagging their own videos audio made by them

BuY53FWIcAA1Pw0.jpg

it's also flagging Valve's dota 2 music on Valve's Twitch channel
https://twitter.com/emitans/statuses/497152749906456576

You think Sony kinda knew this was gonna happen so they were dragging their feet with Twitch integration? If you can't save your vids indefinitely, what's the point? They are forcing people to use Youtube as their go to Video archive.

Crazy thought. If Google sees that Youtube is the only game in town for video archiving, they might charge a monthly fee based on space used.

That would be kinda fucked up

DY_nasty

slayven brings up a great point

fuck tweety and any girl who owns any tweety related apparel

Jado

Banned
Nowadays? No idea where people shop for stuff. Growing up, I went to Jimmy Jazz and VIM.

http://www.jimmyjazz.com/
http://www.vim.com/

Now I just have a minimal amount of jeans and shirts for weekends, while wearing shoes and business casual clothing most of the week. I get most of it at Macys or Century 21, (discount department store).

Everyone thought Tweety was a girl. I remember telling this one girl who wore all this Tweety shit that he was a boy and she just wouldn't believe it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
slayven brings up a great point

fuck tweety and any girl who owns any tweety related apparel

Tweety bird stayed relevant for those types of people until Family Guy showed up - Stewie is the new Tweety Bird and will be for probably another decade, much like how Taz was for boys who wanted a Tweety Bird shirt.

I saw SO many of these motherfuckers on gigantic white trash women:
pZ0zuJX.jpg

Nordstrom if I'm looking for a suit.

H&M if I'm looking for something fashionable, but disposable.

Burlington/Marshalls for sweaters/jeans till I'm at a consistent weight.

Flea Market, second hand stores, Citi Trends and various other spots of ill-repute. My wardrobe is seriously lacking. I got 9 years worth of "Family Man" clothing. Only a few articles of shit I would rock on a night out. To be honest, I gotta get my wardrobe on that grown man shit.

I'm a basic dude.

usually do most of my shopping at Kohl's...cuz I rack up on that Kohl cash. Buy my adidas from Finish Line and adidas.com. Most suites from Men's Warehouse and Jos. A Banks. That's pretty much it for me.

Trey

Burlington, New Era, Jos A Bank, Jackthreads, Uniqlo, Against All Odds, Champs/Dicks/Footlocker, Ebay, Amazon, Sears.

Pretty much anywhere except really top flight stores. I'm trying to make that transition from Jos A to the next level. That's my barometer for progress in life.

dude asked me where do black people shop for clothes, told 'em I'll take a poll and get back to you

BCT pls respond
Burlingtons in my old days. Nowadays a mixture of Target, Walmart, Random Thrift stores, with some online shops like JackThreads and PLNDR. Not too many options in Alabama so I make do.

Kraftwerk

Do....do all of you wear sneakers?

I live in Toronto, and a lot of the black dudes I see wear RIck Owens style clothing a.k.a Yeezus. Absolutely love that style.

Jado

Banned

Can we just ban this shit now? It really is some sick voyeurism treating the people like animals. 'Hey, watch me go into the hood and make it out with my life.'

I don't want to see somebody go to jail but they are approaching people with guns, asking the most ignorant shit. They gonna get shot with this bs.

They're going to be gravely injured one day and it'll be hard for me to care.

I just heard about these guys yesterday. From a quick observation, they're spamming their OckTV "pranks gone wrong" videos using a bunch of Youtube accounts. This much I know is true: these encounters are completely fake seeing as none of the faces are blurred and they never show the outcomes for each incident. They always get "punched" (but never knocked out) or thrown around a bit like you see in movies. They sometimes also use multiple angles indicating very careful planning of each "scene." It always cuts off before the inevitable beatdown by a group. Next clip: three idiots are fine and scratch-free.

However, I do agree these videos are racist shit and I feel bad for the impoverished guys in places like East NY that are either volunteering or doing it for a bit of cash. It makes all black people look like violent thugs. These OckTV guys are exploitative pieces of shit and we should stop posting their videos and report it to mods when they're posted in other threads.

Kraftwerk

I just heard about these guys yesterday. From a quick observation, they're spamming their OckTV "pranks gone wrong" videos using a bunch of Youtube accounts. This must I know is true: these encounters are completely fake seeing as none of the faces are blurred and they never show the outcomes for each incident. It always cuts off.

However, I do agree these videos are racist shit and I feel bad for the impoverished guys in places like East NY that are either volunteering or doing it for a bit of cash. It makes all black people look like violent thugs. These OckTV guys are exploitative pieces of shit and we should stop posting their videos and report it to mods when they're posted in other threads.

I agree the videos are horrible, and I apologize that I posted them.

Honestly, I didn't post them to get a quick reactions or cause drama. I might sound like a sick bastard, but I enjoyed watching them get decked. Absolute idiots that deserve all of it for being racist fucktards.

I also didnt know that they are creating multiple account to spam their videos. Normally I wouldn't give them clicks. I thought this is someone else's account which has compiled their stupidity for the world to see.

Do....do all of you wear sneakers?

I live in Toronto, and a lot of the black dudes I see wear RIck Owens style clothing a.k.a Yeezus. Absolutely love that style.

my daily drivers are wingtips.

I have some nikes that I wear to the gym or on the court. I don't wear them anywhere else.

Jado

Banned
Exhibit A: http://youtu.be/4E-M8leGGsI?t=36s

Observe the fake slap-punch. That's the worst part of it. They're not going into low-income neighborhoods hoping for a random confrontation; they're asking people to be complicit in perpetuating pre-planned racist stereotypes.

Of course they got the idea to make it into a "series" from the big numbers generated by Youtube pranksters bothering minorities in poor areas and the few videos where they actually get knocked out and bloodied for their harassment (Simple Pickup guy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom