• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Cruise re-casted as Nick Fury just in case

YUKgvTp.jpg

If we a get a Black Wonder Woman film its a fair trade

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goth dancing is simple. Three steps forward, then three steps back. All you do with your upper body is pretend to brush cobwebs off of you and make sure they play Bela Lugosi's Dead and you're golden.

dude asked me where do black people shop for clothes, told 'em I'll take a poll and get back to you

BCT pls respond

I was thrift store before Macklemore. Also my mother's good friend who likes to shop but only wears a tenth of what she buys and gives my mother stuff that still has tags on.

If I'm actually paying full price, Marshall's and Target.

slayven brings up a great point

fuck tweety and any girl who owns any tweety related apparel

Isn't Tinkerbell the new version of this? So much Tink merchandise on full grown women. Also, Betty Boop.

And on the depressing tip, I just listened to a podcast about the Tulsa Riot of 1921. In short, a white mob that wanted to lynch a black man accused of assaulting a white woman go ape shit and burn down the black neighborhood/suburb of Greenwood. That shit got hushed up so much that my husband was not taught about the incident in his history classes in Tulsa. Which makes the whole thing even more depressing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And on the depressing tip, I just listened to a podcast about the Tulsa Riot of 1921. In short, a white mob that wanted to lynch a black man accused of assaulting a white woman go ape shit and burn down the black neighborhood/suburb of Greenwood. That shit got hushed up so much that my husband was not taught about the incident in his history classes in Tulsa. Which makes the whole thing even more depressing.

Yup. I grew up (and still live) in Tulsa and did a report on it in class. Basically a dude was in an elevator with a white woman and then things went bananas. I still go down to Greenwood a lot, we've managed to hold some identity there but it's a shell of its former self.

Trey

I might get disowned, fam. I'm prolly gonna pull some shit like this at the next family function. I already act a fool when line dancing.

My aunts gonna think I have demons.

besada

Banned
I was reading about this the other day, after seeing a set of post cards white Tulsans made and sent around to commemorate the event. I thought about posting them here, but BCT was having a bad day and I didn't want to make it worse. The postcards are pretty fucking awful.

Slayven

I heard somewhere that there had been 30 or more Rosewood type incidents. Where mobs would just destroy black communities like it was nothing

FyreWulff

Omaha's race riots are not covered in schooling. We get to hear about the various boom/bust periods but I'm pretty sure I learned about the riots from PBS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_Race_Riot_of_1919

At one point the black community had machine guns and shit stationed along one street of Omaha to protect themselves from the other parts. The city's segregation is still evident to this day.

KumaJG

White women are America national treasure. Sad really.

Kraftwerk

Random thoughts;

As a connoisseur of electronic music, I always find it 'odd' when I talk to other like-minded folk, and they have never heard of legends such as Carl Craig, Kevin Saunderson or Juan Atkins.

Not trying to be a snob. Just baffling how people never heard of these folk, who are absolute legends and pioneers in this field. I have had countless discussion with different people about techno, and they always talk about how the Germans are the kings of it and "invented it". I say this as someone who worship Basic Channel and Kraftwerk.

As you guys say;

C'mon son....

J10

Banned
Random thoughts;

As a connoisseur of electronic music, I always find it 'odd' when I talk to other like-minded folk, and they have never heard of legends such as Carl Craig, Kevin Saunderson or Juan Atkins.

Not trying to be a snob. Just baffling how people never heard of these folk, who are absolute legends and pioneers in this field. I have had countless discussion with different people about techno, and they always talk about how the Germans are the kings of it and "invented it". I say this as someone who worship Basic Channel and Kraftwerk.

As you guys say;

C'mon son....

Maybe if you called them by their stage names, people might know who you were talking about. C'mon son.

Kraftwerk

Maybe if you called them by their stage names, people might know who you were talking about. C'mon son.

Electronic musicians have 100 aliases, plus they are always known by their real names. The guys I mentioned are at least. Their names all hallmarks in this world.

C'mon son.

J10

Banned
Apparently, they're not always known by their real names. Pick a popular one of the hundred aliases and you'll probably have better results. If you had said Cybotron or Inner City I would have known who you were talking about immediately.

cdyhybrid

Apparently, they're not always known by their real names. Pick a popular one of the hundred aliases and you'll probably have better results. If you had said Cybotron or Inner City I would have known who you were talking about immediately.

But Pitchfork and my favorite music blogs always use their real names!

<3

Kraftwerk

Breh, I don't see aliases; only the real name.

Here, have some Carl Craig;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5W4lvMiug

But Pitchfork and my favorite music blogs always use their real names!

<3

Fuck Pitchfork

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I might get disowned, fam. I'm prolly gonna pull some shit like this at the next family function. I already act a fool when line dancing.

My aunts gonna think I have demons.

They're going to get a bottle of olive oil and start laying hands on you.

Pour Trey is gonna be apart of an exorcism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom