• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

6BviToP.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nuketown is a shitty map imo

the lol spawns just make it even more of a joke

nigga you know damn well you didn't have a Pokemon Snap N64 kiosk station

First and only N64. My mom's friend's daughter
lol at that sounding like some playground lie
worked at blockbuster and once the promo ran its course she was given one and she just handed it off to us. She also got me free movies sometimes, that's how I saw reservoir dogs for the first time.

The printing equipment inside never functioned properly when we had it but it would turn on whenever you turned the thing on. Wasted so much damn energy with that thing.

I used to play that thing all the time when my mom was lookin in the aisles for movies at Blockbuster. I know Mew was supposed to be in that game somewhere on the moon or some shit, but I never got that far

hey remember video rental stores

Did you just stand the whole time while playing it?

At first...yea

That is struggle and cool at the same time.

Definitely. Friend came over once to play Conker MP with me and was like "WHOA WHAT THE FUCK" but then you know....you had to open the door to plug in a 2nd controller behind all the equipment and leave the door slightly ajar so it wouldn't cut the wire clean and that would cover up part of the screen.

Eventually we detached the controller so we didn't have to stand up to play but that bolted on part made the controller heavy as hell for a kid. We weren't made of N64 controllers so it was forever before we bought another and unplugged that one altogether.

Why didn't you grab a seat?

the controller was at an awkward height and the controller didn't come out very far.

Putting a regular chair there meant you'd hit your shins on that shit at least once while you played, had to keep your emotions in check when getting down in some Mario Party.

Stools that were higher than a standard chair worked a little better but the angle of the controller meant your wrists would be tired/sore real quick.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Was the n64 built into the kiosk?

I'd figure you could just take it out

I used to play that thing all the time when my mom was lookin in the aisles for movies at Blockbuster. I know Mew was supposed to be in that game somewhere on the moon or some shit, but I never got that far

Everytime my dad went to rent a movie I went with to check it out but there was always kids on it, so I just watched.

But damn, when me and my brother came home and that thing was in our living room we were like

8k8OdOf.gif

WE MADE IT

DY_nasty

i used to work at one

yeah

Was the n64 built into the kiosk?

I'd figure you could just take it out

You'd be lucky to plug in a controller without getting scratched up. But it was just a regular ass N64 buried behind a bunch of electronics.

The tv was on a shelf and separated from the rest. The bottom part was a mess of printing equipment secured to a bunch of other shit. One day I figured out that it actually pulled out like a drawer and once the novelty of having that hulking machine wore off my dad pulled the TV and N64 out of it, my memory is hazy but I think he had to basically break a bunch of metal casings and stuff to get both of them out of it.

DY_nasty

wow... I was going back to some of the old posts I had looking for stuff between myself and hito and GAF has come a LONG way since 2012.

Gorillaz

Hito by the sound of it looked like a day 1 guy when it came to Gaf. Like he was there for the whole site change in 04 and everything.

FyreWulff

It's blowing my mind people are actually excited for that.

Random long term sustain updates are always neat to see, at least.

Also, they did what every developer should do.. push maps out as a patch. Don't have to convince the playerbase to download a map and not split the small community they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom