• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jandro meets a white blonde girl at Bronycon.

This is the outcome. their daughter Jandrella;

aaB9tT0.gif

Geez, that second pole looked high. That little girl has more ups than most grown white dudes

G-Fex

n64 controller is the worse controller there ever was for a mainstream console.

I can't play Doom 64 for shit on it and Doom's got the most basic of controls.

It seemed decent for different controlled games like Turok or goldeneye though.

Lousiest analog stick ever though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
goldeneye separated the men from the boys real fast with their ridiculous strafe controls on the yellow (c?) buttons

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
n64 controller is the worse controller there ever was for a mainstream console.

I always liked how Treasure's core idea for the original Sin and Punishment was wanting to design a game that actually used the other half of the controller

Slayven

I can't play Doom 64 for shit on it and Doom's got the most basic of controls.

It seemed decent for different controlled games like Turok or goldeneye though.

Lousiest analog stick ever though.
It was telling that each game had like 532 control schemes, not because the controller was so customizable but because they prayed you find one that was comfortable with you.
i can't believe nintendo let that shit make it to market.
That stick was a damn shame.

G-Fex

It was telling that each game had like 532 control schemes, not because the controller was so customizable but because they prayed you find one that was comfortable with you.

That stick was a damn shame.

and it was a good thing, still though those controls. I think I had Honey Ryder on it.

First time getting it I didn't know how the fuck to hold the thing and I would hold it like a super nes controller and then stretch my bottom left hand to stretch my thumb out to reach out and touch the joystick.

What a cluster

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You mean that dead weight that threw off an already crappy balanced thing?

it trained you for the road ahead

if i didn't own a n64, i don't think i would've been able to play fighting games on pad or aim as good as I do in FPS games. that controller was the gaming crucible

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Start a new game on Medium difficulty. Call it .Wampa..Stompa (Case sensitive). Start in a level and as soon as it starts press pause. Now press and hold all at once C up, C right, C down, C left, L, R, Z and Left on the d-pad. While holding these down gently move the control stick left halfway, and hold all this until you hear a sound. Do the same thing with the joystick facing right, then left, right and finally left. Make sure you keep the other buttons held down during this time.

On the god damn N64 controller.

Can someone explain Neil deGrasse Tyson to me? He's like become this weird liberal idol. All over Facebook I see these stupid memes with him in it.

Trey

Kingbach is in stuff now? Wow.

Can someone explain Neil deGrasse Tyson to me? He's like become this weird liberal idol. All over Facebook I see these stupid memes with him in it.

He's the face of pop science. He's closely associated with space and physics, topics which attract the kind of demographic that generally like games too.

Plus he's a nice guy with a distinctive voice.

Kraftwerk

There's fashion and then there's "I just shit my pants" pants. Will never get on board that train.

Hahahahah.. the fuck is he doing? hahahahahahah.

clicked on the last post for FashionGAF instead of FitnessGAF...I'm sorry but...dis nigga...

SgOPVfZ.jpg

People trying to emulate Yeezus.

lookin like you pooped your pants is whats hot in the streets right now vjc. you aint hear?

Eh, dont see what's the problem. Everyone has varying taste and style.

Eh, dont see what's the problem. Everyone has varying taste and style.

I am all for the avant garde, but you just have to call foul on some stuff. There is nothing appealing about that outfit. It seriously looks like something that would happen when I tell my two year old to dress himself.

If I saw guy on the street, I would probably just do a double-take... but I think posting that in a "fashion" thread presumes you're trying to make a qualitative statement about your style.

MollyAttack

Neo Member
So, I've been thinking. Perhaps it is my age group (I'm 22), but I find many african-american men are still are trying to have that "OG" persona and fit into the common stereotype. I am not black, nor am I even male, so I won't act like I know what's it's like to be either in american society, but do any of you find that it is/was hard to move out of that stereotype (if you fit it at all)? Do black men tend to move beyond that persona as they mature, or is it static?

I simply ask because I find myself attracted to black men, however I am not attracted to the "gangsta" style of the masses in my age group... maybe this is a regional thing but I think not. I have lived in the Midwest all my life, always around big cities (Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc.) though the black population has never been particularly large in the suburbs. Perhaps I am just being exposed to such a small percentage that it seems like the majority are "Gs" but in reality, perhaps the majority really doesn't follow this trend?

I guess the stereotype I'm talking about exudes an immature and uneducated vibe. This may not be true and of course, who am I to judge anyone by how they dress or act, but it's what turns me away. In fact, I know it is not true a lot of the time. I went to high school in a wealthy area with black classmates that adopted the "G" look and persona. They were well educated, came from good backgrounds...I guess it's just how they liked to identify. Why would you willingly choose to fit yourself into a stereotype that is often looked down upon?

What do you all think? Hope I'm not offending anyone with this post, that's not my intention what so ever.

Kraftwerk

I am all for the avant garde, but you just have to call foul on some stuff. There is nothing appealing about that outfit. It seriously looks like something that would happen when I tell my two year old to dress himself.

If I saw guy on the street, I would probably just do a double-take... but I think posting that in a "fashion" thread presumes you're trying to make a qualitative statement about your style.

Again, everyone likes different things. My friend who dresses in that style is one of the most humble guys I know, and he legit likes to wear this style. Don't see whats so ridiculous about it.

And trust me, that is not avant garde in any way, that style is decades old and has been rising in popularity for the past decade.

So, I've been thinking. Perhaps it is my age group (I'm 22), but I find many african-american men are still are trying to have that "OG" persona and fit into the common stereotype. I am not black, nor am I even male, so I won't act like I know what's it's like to be either in american society, but do any of you find that it is/was hard to move out of that stereotype (if you fit it at all)? Do black men tend to move beyond that persona as they mature, or is it static?

I simply ask because I find myself attracted to black men, however I am not attracted to the "gangsta" style of the masses in my age group... maybe this is a regional thing but I think not. I have lived in the Midwest all my life, always around big cities (Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc.) though the black population has never been particularly large in the suburbs. Perhaps I am just being exposed to such a small percentage that it seems like the majority are "Gs" but in reality, perhaps the majority really doesn't follow this trend?

I guess the stereotype I'm talking about exudes an immature and uneducated vibe. This may not be true and of course, who am I to judge anyone by how they dress or act, but it's what turns me away. In fact, I know it is not true a lot of the time. I went to high school in a wealthy area with black classmates that adopted the "G" look and persona. They were well educated, came from good backgrounds...I guess it's just how they liked to identify. Why would you willingly choose to fit yourself into a stereotype that is often looked down upon?

What do you all think? Hope I'm not offending anyone with this post, that's not my intention what so ever.

been drinking tonight. Can't respond to this.

Trey

But have you met Daquan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom