• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reddit thread is some good shit.

You got people talking about legality now. If your best defense is how some fucked up harassment isn't technically illegal, lmao.

You got the dudes from about page 2 deciding she overreacted to the idea that her husband with a child on the way is telling other people's children to kill themselves.

And then you just have the predictable defense of someone being an absolute sexist and racist fuckhead to others.

Predictable ass shit hence me linking the damn thing so we could all point and laugh at the fact that "that's train's never late!"

tumblr_n7nr35WrUV1qd2ct6o1_500.jpg

Sprite cams low-key get me heated.

(Bayo 2 spoilers? Not story-related, more Nintendo fanservice than anything)

Brehs. I know you love Bayonetta and all, but
I just saw that she has the ability to cosplay as certain Nintendo femme fatales in Bayo 2, and her Varia Suit is, well...

why.jpg

Come on, now. How are you gonna add boobs to the Varia Suit? It's like slapping a giant cock-and-balls codpiece onto Master Chief's armor.

That's a Bayo1 costume they added for the WiiU port, but yeah it isn't great.

SmokyDave

Trying to pick games to play for the Wii U

I'm most likely getting the bundle with NSMB/LU so thats one

Bayonetta 2 definitely
Smash most likely
3D World and MK8 sound good

...and maybe the new Donkey Kong

Am I missing anything?
Zombi U, for sure. Remember though, it's a survival horror, not an FPS. Play it slowly and methodically and it's a tense experience.

andthebeatgoeson

Movie List said:
Blazing Saddles
Trading Places
Coming To America
Do The Right Thing
Harlem Nights
Boomerang
Fruitvale Station
Juice
Boyz n the Hood
White Men Can't Jump
Above the Rim
He Got Game
Love & Basketball
Don't Be A Menace
Menace II Society
Rosewood
Friday
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
Hollywood Shuffle
The Five Heartbeats

I had to put some more of Eddie's classics.

Boomerang with young Halle and that whole cast will get over looked. And Harlem Nights.

Then had to put Hollywood Shuffle because it's BCT in film form. Any gaffer ask what's BCT? Show them that movie. I'm not sure about the five heartbeats. I just put that on because I remembered Robert Townsend.

Trading places and blazing saddles top that list for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That reddit thread is some good shit.

You got people talking about legality now. If your best defense is how some fucked up harassment isn't technically illegal, lmao.

You got the dudes from about page 2 deciding she overreacted to the idea that her husband with a child on the way is telling other people's children to kill themselves.

And then you just have the predictable defense of someone being an absolute sexist and racist fuckhead to others.

Predictable ass shit hence me linking the damn thing so we could all point and laugh at the fact that "that's train's never late!"

I didn't think it'd still be going so strong this morning. So many topics have about a 24 hour period before permadeath.

harSon

Banned
I had to put some more of Eddie's classics.

Boomerang with young Halle and that whole cast will get over looked. And Harlem Nights.

Then had to put Hollywood Shuffle because it's BCT in film form. Any gaffer ask what's BCT? Show them that movie. I'm not sure about the five heartbeats. I just put that on because I remembered Robert Townsend.

Trading places and blazing saddles top that list for me.

I had made a list of quality black films a while back: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=54442065&postcount=11639

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic considering the 3rd and 4th installments are still the king of its genre.

Also its not, I hate .... HATE that sentiment.

Nah. Bayonetta reigns supreme

Once upon a time DMC4, and to a lesser extent DMC3's nigh-impenetrable technical depth held some weight with me, but not really anymore.

Bayonetta strikes a good balance between being a game with fun to fight enemies and scenarios like Ninja Gaiden, and some meaty combat and mechanical depth to sink your teeth into ala DMC.

Aspects of DMC3's game design(including franchise legacy features like enemy step jump cancelling) are damn near archaic at this point, and DMC4 has too many execution barriers and too little pay off for getting passed them.

Yeah just kill DMc and bring back chaos legion

Lmao. Nah. I love Chaos Legion as much as the next guy but I don't necessarily want more.

Viewtiful Joe 3 will always be my video game sequel monkey paw wish. God Hand 2 would be my 2nd wish if I found a genie a bottle.

Can't wait until Bayo 2 goes triple Quartz.

Their problem. Not mine

I'm already getting Bayo 2. I'm happy.

Not like those other dudes on Gaming Side thinking about the viability of sequels to games they haven't even played yet

Infinite

I think chaos legion has a lot of untapped potential. Tbh the game itself was a bit rough but I can see them introducing a lot of innovation to the genre by them simply expanding and improving on its core gameplay. I would be more interested in playing that than another DMC sequel that will most likely just reintroduce Dante's storyline or something, again. On top of that, as it stands, Bayonetta is king of the mountain right now in the genre if you ask me so there's even little reason for me to care about how Capcom decides to fumble around with DMC.

But yeah getting them to make a viewtiful joe 3 would be pretty rad.

Viewtiful Joe 3/Half-Life 3/Black Panther movie

the holy trinity of shit that aint happenin and makes me cry

Also shoutouts to Chaos Legion, DMC + Pokemon lets gooooooo

Slayven

Viewtiful Joe 3/Half-Life 3/Black Panther movie

the holy trinity of shit that aint happenin and makes me cry

Also shoutouts to Chaos Legion, DMC + Pokemon lets gooooooo

When the last time Viewtiful Joe was mention? I think you will get a new parappa game first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom