• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

are they afraid to get sued or something to cast people who look nothing like them? cause TIm's actor isn't even big and he's never been thin even when he was working out

Nope, just Hollywood finding the most "attractive" actors and seeing what sticks. Reminds me of the Fruitvale Station movie and the main actors vs the real life counterparts.

Kraftwerk

Hollywood casts BCT

Idris Elba will play me;

ibgPpAdCVTH7fb.gif

It's crazy how many people think telling someone to kill themself is just "being mean on the internet."

Those are the same people who think it's fine to call someone a nigger if you're pissed off and are just trying to hurt them as much as possible, right?

Somehow that doesn't make you a racist, and telling someone to kill themselves doesn't make you a fucked up person.

G-Fex

... Wow.

Probably a nice guy in the real world, however. We probably shouldn't judge him or call him an asshole.

: /

Is that the defense force? Rofl, good god.

There's a defense force for fucking everything.

Those are the same people who think it's fine to call someone a nigger if you're pissed off and are just trying to hurt them as much as possible, right?

Somehow that doesn't make you a racist, and telling someone to kill themselves doesn't make you a fucked up person.

reminds me of that guy defending DSP

"You're not perfect! I'm sure you or everyone has said things when angry that you regretted later"

when talking about racial slurs.

Usually the same dudes who provoke people with all kinds of shit and the second they get angry, its "lol lighten up its a joke u mad breh"

I think we just file that under "bullying 101"

Natural's law, but this whole "online is different" is the same tired rationale we use to treat other people like shit and think it doesn't reflect poorly on our character. (ie - "grandpa hates blacks cause he grew up in a different time, but he really is a great guy!")

Natural's law, but this whole "online is different" is the same tired rationale we use to treat other people like shit and think it doesn't reflect poorly on our character. (ie - "grandpa hates blacks cause he grew up in a different time, but he really is a great guy!")

Ironically we're seeing more and more that psychopathic rampage killers are leaving all sorts of clues online well before the act. So this idea that an internet persona is completely independent of how a human being is sounds like bullshit through and through. Far as I'm concerned for most, the internet bully is the real person and what they show in person is simply a mask.

FyreWulff

People need to take threats and actions seriously on the internet. Shit should be reported. You'll get people that say they're getting death threats, ask them why they don't turn them in, "oh it's probably just a 12 year old and i don't want to ruin his life"

fuck it

You might just be the one that speaks up that will turn their life around

J10

Banned

Pretty astute comparison.

Even Neo knew he was murdering real people when he shot up the government lobby in The Matrix. It's kinda ridiculous to think of people on the internet as not human.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys got the wrong casting for Beef, he's a lot more lighthearted and funny
wDAbGjm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom