• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
President and first lady.

iATqBL4XhosQL.gif

Ironically we're seeing more and more that psychopathic rampage killers are leaving all sorts of clues online well before the act. So this idea that an internet persona is completely independent of how a human being is sounds like bullshit through and through. Far as I'm concerned for most, the internet bully is the real person and what they show in person is simply a mask.

Damn good point.

Pretty astute comparison.

Even Neo knew he was murdering real people when he shot up the government lobby in The Matrix. It's kinda ridiculous to think of people on the internet as not human.

Haha. Apropos, now they're trying to compare harassing people on the internet to playing competitive multi-player (saying if internet communication is real, so is video game violence...)

Wouldn't that fit Dreams more, or was he never in the bucket?

What you trying to say, bruh?

Hunted down the "too dark" ninja turtle comicbook run from the 90s....took a while to find. Wasn't counting on it getting too real

Yo...they shot Donny on page 1.

Slayven

Turtle comics are like Sonic comics, on the surface they look like nothing. But once you get into them, you learn a lot of shit you wise you hadn't

Village

Turtle comics are like Sonic comics, on the surface they look like nothing. But once you get into them, you learn a lot of shit you wise you hadn't

Sanic camics dabess.

Well The Ian flynn ones, some of the penders ones range from Oh ok cool to WTF even is this. And then the OG's that are hokey as shit

Is this suppose to be some sort of noir style ninja turtle remake

Direct continuation to the first two original runs. Not made by the creators and eventually deemed as non cannon.

Donny got shot on his birthday, kidnapped while dying, regained consciousness in the escape helicopter, got thrown from a said copter, cracked his shell in the fall and was left paralyzed below the neck in a NY alley
when he again 're-gained consciousness and realized the shape he was in he said he wished he was dead

Direct continuation to the first two original runs. Not made by the creators and eventually deemed as non cannon.

Donny got shot on his birthday, kidnapped while dying, regained consciousness in the escape helicopter, got thrown from a said copter, cracked his shell in the fall and was left paralyzed below the neck in a NY alley
when he again 're-gained consciousness and realized the shape he was in he said he wished he was dead

Time to track that down

Any of you had any weird run-ins with the police? I bring it up mostly from reading few threads about the police in OT recently.

Mine: I'm a systems analyst at a really small company. We work out of a house that's been converted to an office.

I was out on the fenced in lawn getting some fresh air on a short break, then saw 6 or 7 police officers a few houses down. I was like "somebody's bout to get snatched up!" then walked to the side of the office to throw something away. As I'm walking back out to the front yard I see someone looking over the fence right at me (due to the fences height I could only see shoulders-up on the person), then I hear "HEY! Let me see your hands!"

I realized then as I focused more it was a police officer who was pointing her gun right at me. I put my hands up and she kept the gun pointed at me until another officer came through the gate of the front yard and made me put my hands on my head and patted me down (he didn't cuff me.) They made me sit down while I was questioned about if I lived there, if I had a car, etc. Of course I'm super confused at this point lol

I had to explain I don't live there because it's an office. After a few minutes of answering questions they were satisfied and told me they were down the street because they had an arrest warrant for an "Indian guy who looks a lot like you" (um, I'm black...) According to them, when I was out on the lawn looking at them I turned, ducked down (I dropped my oatmeal bar) and walked away the second they noticed me. o_o The cop who was questioning me shook my hand and left after that.

I was pretty confused by the whole thing. I just shrugged it off and went back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom