• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't it have to be about even statistically?

you can cheat with someone who isn't themselves in a relationship, so technically THEY aren't cheating while being involved n an affair.

Still I'd imagine it's close to a 50/50 split, but these devil womenz get off on breaking hearts or something.

didn't actually go in that thread, am I off in my assumption?

J10

Banned
All I know is I don't have a single male friend who hasn't cheated on any of their girlfriends/wives. I've never looked at any studies.

Kreed

Just watched Spike Lees Oldboy.

I think the original was better but I thought it was decent. Don't understand all the hate it got on GAF.

People generally don't care for remakes unless the original was horrible or is seriously outdated. So anything not as good as the original is going to get shit in any online community. Add in Spike Lee on anything but a black online community like DominoKid mentioned, and the hate multiplies to unreasonable levels.

All I know is I don't have a single male friend who hasn't cheated on any of their girlfriends/wives. I've never looked at any studies.

i know 1 guy who's cheated on his girlfriends enough for everyone else i know and 1 girl who did the same to her girlfriends. virtually everyone else i know never done it b/c of those 2

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Spike Lee's Old Boy was Old Boy that replaced the martial arts scenes the movie is known for with more incest and white people

Jado

Banned
I just (unexpectedly*) finished Naruto original series. I gotta say... Naruto himself is at Kid Goku levels of memorable and endearing fo me. Does this show go full-on DBZ in Shippuden? They weren't the flashiest fights on the show, but Naruto vs. Kiba/Neji/Gaara really made the show something special for me... reminiscent of original Dragonball. Everyone thinking he was SHIT before each fight but surprising and exceeding all expectations as an underdog gave me certain feelings watching the show. I've heard this show becomes like gods fighting each other or some ridiculous DBZ brute force shit. Disappointing if true.

naruto-rendan-o.gif
T15cx.jpg
naruto%2Buzumzki%2B28.jpg

*Holy shit at the last 60+ episodes being filler.

Faults aside, I think I would ultimately enjoy W101 if I put serious effort into it. But I feel somewhat the same way about Dark Souls, an unnecessarily tedious game I think exists specifically for young gamers with a lot of free time and patience.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Devo, your corny ass portland fam are really trying to get at me. I guess everyone wants to go hard in the paint sometime.

KumaJG

I just (unexpectedly*) finished Naruto original series. I gotta say... Naruto himself is at Kid Goku levels of memorable and endearing fo me. Does this show go full-on DBZ in Shippuden? They weren't the flashiest fights on the show, but Naruto vs. Kiba/Neji/Gaara really made the show something special for me... reminiscent of original Dragonball. Everyone thinking he was SHIT before each fight but surprising and exceeding all expectations as an underdog gave me certain feelings watching the show. I've heard this show becomes like gods fighting each other or some ridiculous DBZ brute force shit. Disappointing if true.

Faults aside, I think I would ultimately enjoy W101 if I put serious effort into it. But I feel somewhat the same way about Dark Souls, an unnecessarily tedious game I think exists specifically for young gamers with a lot of free time and patience.

Stop where you at. Go any further you will ruin the series for yourself.

DominoKid

full on DBZ doesn't begin to describe how ridiculous Naruto becomes.

dat sharlto copley accent. i can't believe we're supposed to take him seriously in movies.

God wasn't he the most irritating overacting little fucker in Elysium? And the sad thing is, he wasn't even the worst performance in that movie, thanks to Jodie Foster doing...whatever the hell she was doing.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think so, the Shippuuden anime goes downhill after the
Pain
fight.

Earlier than that

Deidara and Sasori arc was dope

after that it's crap tho. Once Naruto starts getting nukes any type sort of fight creativity goes out the window

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You like the Sasuke vs Deidara fight?

Actually I did

There's still some pretty cool moments passed the first arc, but I felt the series as a whole lost its way and the author stopped giving a shit

anime is different but in the manga the quality drop off was apparent simply from looking at the art.

KumaJG

Just wanna say that Greek food is pretty god like. I had some last night for me and my friends birthday dinner and it was divine. Their desserts was ace. Had the best lemonade I ever had in my life too.

Really bomb. Family friends owns(?) a restaurant or at least in good relations with one (I didn't pay for my meal).

I don't think so, the Shippuuden anime goes downhill after the
Pain
fight.

Goes down hill before that actually.
Once you find out Naruto the child of prophecy not worth getting into.
Pre-Shippuuden is some grade A Naruto. After that it feels like a manga written by Tyler Perry(that's a reach lol)

zero_suit

Naruto, like Bleach, fell off hard.

Did I miss something?

or is he really saying that his crying fit was brought on by seeing two black children walking down the street with their family?

Not aimed at you, but I'm shocked so many people don't really understand what OP is stating.

He's a black dude, who saw two black children walking down the street and made him think of his own kids and how right now they're completely oblivious to how the US views and treats them; coupled with the string of news about how cops kill blacks he thought of his kids and other black children and realized how fucked their lives might be causing him to break down and cry.

Spike Lee's Old Boy was Old Boy that replaced the martial arts scenes the movie is known for with more incest and white people

Spike Lee's Oldboy is a great example of why we can't have good things. Pandering to bunch of fucks too lazy to read some subtitles, and throwing out the "I can't relate" shtick.

Jado

Banned
You guys got me bummed out for Shippuden, but I know I'm gonna watch anyway. Sasuke needs to die a brutal death and I will watch a couple hundred terrible episodes just to see such a thing. No idea why Sakura is so obsessed with that dickhead or why anyone likes him enough to risk their lives rescuing him. What a shithead character.

Not aimed at you, but I'm shocked so many people don't really understand what OP is stating.

He's a black dude, who saw two black children walking down the street and made him think of his own kids and how right now they're completely oblivious to how the US views and treats them; coupled with the string of news about how cops kill blacks he thought of his kids and other black children and realized how fucked their lives might be causing him to break down and cry.

Yep.

Life'll tear you up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom