• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol Devo they called you a shadow mod in the reddit thread? shit's funny.

are we on the white women cycle of BCT? Cuz JCVD's daughter tho
VWb1n.png

i9hbEdaHgB42z.gif

Any of you had any weird run-ins with the police?
Just last night.

Went out with a few friends for my birthday. After dinner we all planned to do some club hopping. I was following some of them in a car head of me. It's a very busy strip so there was a cop direction traffic at the crossway so large groups can walk by.

So my friends pull up and they stop at the crosswalk (two white girls) he looks at them in their car then quickly waves them to go on. He then looks at me in my car (black male w/ white female) then immediately starts jogging toward my vehicle (didn't even wait for me to reach the crosswalk) and orders me to roll my window down.

He starts flashing his light into my car and into our faces then he says he's doing seatbelt spot checks. "oh I see you both don't have your seatbelts on, that's a ticket. I need your license, reg and insurance.".

Which of course I quickly provide as I keep that stuff together since I get pulled over like every few months.

Then he barrages me with the usual questions:
"Whose car is this? "Is this your car?" (every single fucking time)
"Is your license clean?"
"Do you have any warrants?"
"Where are you headed?"

I answer them a calmy as I can. He gives me back my licenses and then says I'm free to go. I just thought it was hilarious how quickly he waved past my white friends in the car ahead of me without even looking at them.

So is seatbelt check the new "Papers please?"

Mortemis

Banned
are we on the white women cycle of BCT? Cuz JCVD's daughter tho
VWb1n.png

Lawdy lawd lawd.

GMxuz.png

I saw someone post that picture sequence earlier and never even noticed that. I thought someone was making a point about how he went from sandals to shoes.

I saw royalan post that and was about to reply with the same response "that he can go from sandals to shoes?" but right before I quoted I noticed that.

MIMIC

Banned
So just after I read the Walmart thread, I see the SAME SHIT happened to some other guy in St. Louis.

Maybe it would be safer if we all just bleached our skin :-/

So just after I read the Walmart thread, I see the SAME SHIT happened to some other guy in St. Louis.

Maybe it would be safer if we all just bleached our skin :-/

They'd start training bleach-sniffing dogs.

This shit is crazy...I'm glad I'm out of the country, but I have family and friends still there and just knowing they could get shot at any time just because is fucking depressing and infuriating. A lot of people I know are just breaking out and not looking back, going to raise their kids in Japan, England, wherever.

Gorillaz

Most of that rioting are opportunist, family ain't supporting that shit from what I heard, you know damn well knocking over a family dollar for some stinky ass Doritos ain't some sort of cultural realization or revolution.

It is what it is tho

ReiGun

Rioting is one of those "I wouldn't do it...but I understand" type things for me. After a certain point, people get fed up with being peaceful and still getting treated like shit. All that anger builds up and comes out eventually. Now, are all the rioters noble revolutionaries? Hell no. But even those rioting for personal gain are a symptom of a larger problem.

On a lighter note, I think I found Slay's final form.

pewvsjuplevx5d5w1rsi.jpg

Honestly, reading the first bunch of post was just confusing and scary. How could they not understand what he was posting? It seemed quite obvious, to me..then, it hit me. Shit is rough..

it's not even that people don't understand, it's that they don't even realize it and don't even know that they don't realize it, much less know why. they have no clue about not knowing that they don't understand and are exponentially far away from understanding.

Infinite

Rioting is one of those "I wouldn't do it...but I understand" type things for me. After a certain point, people get fed up with being peaceful and still getting treated like shit. All that anger builds up and comes out eventually. Now, are all the rioters noble revolutionaries? Hell no. But even those rioting for personal gain are a symptom of a larger problem.

On a later note, I think I found Slay's final form.

pewvsjuplevx5d5w1rsi.jpg

Peaceful protests isn't always the best way to have your voice heard. I agree with you 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom