• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all ain't gonna let this happen, huh? I can't force y'all to post anything, but I thought it'd be nice to get away from the negativity for a while.

I made an In Living Color thread, goddammit!

Malyse

DreamDrop
Dreamer
Today, 11:35 AM, Post #17750

I'm sorry :(

I'd prefer "I'm dreamy"

tumblr_mqm4ax6Hbh1rxzudco1_500.gif

FyreWulff

"Everyone's getting married and here I am arguing about video games".

lol

I've always told them I wasn't going to be the first one with a kid or the first one getting married. Hated the subtle expectation that since I was the oldest, I was supposed to. This bro's gf/fiancee has two kids, so he's the first with kids.

I thought you were going through jdate laying down the pipe?

Oh I am

I am.

Silky

Banned
We're talking about fictional black characters today.

I ever tell you guys on how Roland from Borderlands is like one of the only decent characters in the game that isn't shady as fuck, but he gets killed in BL2 (for trying to save a white woman no less)

Malyse

Iight then..nice idea for a thread, btw.

To clarify, that's Utsutsu from Gatchman Crowds. She's Japanese, but her catchyphase is utsuutsu shimasu which translates to "I'm gloomy". Crunchyroll messed up the translation, thinking it was utsutsu shimasu which translates to "I'm dreamy". It was pretty cute so it stuck even if it was wrong. Thus "I'm dreamy". I know way too much about way too much.

Also, thank you.

FyreWulff

Fyre how is that OKCupid game going brotha

FWB I met via OKC finally found a GF over it, along with a third mystery woman all three have arranged getting together and having me as the focus of a synergy enhancement meeting at the end of this week.

tl;dr doin' fine

no marriage for a long time

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But Devo won't let me put a custom inscribed orange lantern ring on it.

I googled hard "black on white" crime and all I can find is that link and other white supremacist links.

Would have figured you to work the Star Sapphire angle.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Marriage is not even close to being something I even think about. Most of my relationships seem to fall apart after the second or third year. More power to the people who are trying it though, especially if they invite me and it has an open bar.
FWB I met via OKC finally found a GF over it, along with a third mystery woman all three have arranged getting together and having me as the focus of a synergy enhancement meeting at the end of this week.

tl;dr doin' fine

no marriage for a long time
I've not been having much luck, went on a few dates and had a lot more activity the first two weeks and now it's sort of died off and I've already messaged most people I have high match % with. Not trying to turn this into a dating age just chiming in. Must not have that Fyre charisma.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The Canucks are shit though so thats just redundancy. It doesnt make any sense. Its like making fun of the Leafs for choking. They will always choke. They are the leafs.
Bish how are you gonna let your people get talked down like this

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ferguson police chief is legit shook. He is on cnn right now, dude looks like he hasn't slept in days

He needs to do the right thing. I'm not watching though so I don't know what he can do.

Trey

What is this a foursome?

why niggas always gotta speak in tongues around here.

Young Magus

Yooo. Can this be a favorite fictional black character / racebending / original character thread for a while? Just to get away from the depression that is America for a bit. :/

1162537-gore.jpg

Commander Gore from Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey.

In a game series where Gods and Demons battle using humans as pawns. This man stands out by
being resurrected to a higher plane of existence and becomes the voice of the Neutral path, meaning that hes the voice of the Human race and humanity.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What is this a foursome?

why niggas always gotta speak in tongues around here.
You never get down with an all-hands synergy enhancement meeting to promote inter-departmental learning, bottom-line growth and techniques for stress management?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yooo. Can this be a favorite fictional black character / racebending / original character thread for a while? Just to get away from the depression that is America for a bit. :/

This is a little out there but

Bernie Casey as UN Jefferson in Revenge of the Nerds. I loved that dude.
nyi11m3.jpg

uY8TdVT.jpg

FyreWulff

Marriage is not even close to being something I even think about. Most of my relationships seem to fall apart after the second or third year. More power to the people who are trying it though, especially if they invite me and it has an open bar.I've not been having much luck, went on a few dates and had a lot more activity the first two weeks and now it's sort of died off and I've already messaged most people I have high match % with. Not trying to turn this into a dating age just chiming in. Must not have that Fyre charisma.

Keep at it. Honestly I haven't had any success in Portland. I'll spend forever messaging back and forth, they show interest in wanting to meet up, then just go radio silent. People are kind of passive here, or hyper specialize to the point that even though we almost entirely agree with each other, since I haven't specced gigavegan + panliberconservative as my subclasses (or any other super specific stuff) then they just go back to waiting

Slayven

Keep at it. Honestly I haven't had any success in Portland. I'll spend forever messaging back and forth, they show interest in wanting to meet up, then just go radio silent. People are kind of passive here, or hyper specialize to the point that even though we almost entirely agree with each other, since I haven't specced gigavegan + panliberconservative as my subclasses (or any other super specific stuff) then they just go back to waiting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZt-pOc3moc

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Luke Cage

Luke_Cage_%28Earth-616%29_001.jpg

from blaxploitation style superhero

Power_Man_and_Iron_Fist_50th_Issue_cover.jpg

to part of the best bromance in comics

3686168-8752300734-luke-.jpg

to family man and

prv5431_pg3.jpg

the heart and soul of the New Avengers