• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Rioting is one of those "I wouldn't do it...but I understand" type things for me. After a certain point, people get fed up with being peaceful and still getting treated like shit. All that anger builds up and comes out eventually. Now, are all the rioters noble revolutionaries? Hell no. But even those rioting for personal gain are a symptom of a larger problem.
It's seems that violence, physically, has to happen. That hate in their heart is not going away. From one side or another.

I may just be talking out of my ass but the non violence movement was still violent.

Although, on the flip side LA police still ain't shit after the Rodney King riots.

andthebeatgoeson

ibulacEzKh65n2.gif

I guess. Do you, Fam.

I'll stick with grits with spicy sausage and shrimp:

XQWaZvA.jpg
Is there anything spicy sausage can't do?

Spaghetti? Yup.

Pspsquirrel.gif

It's sad that people resorted to looting. It's not the business owner's fault that this happened. There are opportunistic people everywhere.

When I first saw it on the news today, I thought this was about what happened in Ohio. I wonder if he's gonna see the same love or if the public believes that it was a good shooting.

Malyse

are we on the white women cycle of BCT? Cuz JCVD's daughter tho
VWb1n.png

Someone needs to get her in a Marvel movie, stat.

Grits without sugar? Disgusting.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Does anyone else listen to This Week in Blackness? One of my favorite podcasts.
http://thisweekinblackness.com/
Their offshoot podcast, We Nerd Hard, is good for geeky shit as well. Elon James is a prince.

I'll add this when I get home from work.

the best race based podcast is still Harmontown

Really? I mean, I'd heard good things, but if it's like that for real...

Any of you had any weird run-ins with the police? I bring it up mostly from reading few threads about the police in OT recently.

Ever or recently? Recently? no. Ever? I'm from the south and I took a road trip to West Virginia for work...

So just after I read the Walmart thread, I see the SAME SHIT happened to some other guy in St. Louis.

Maybe it would be safer if we all just bleached our skin :-/

Or dismantled the police force. W/E

I wish I was a mod for the only reason that I would ban the use of "white guilt".,

Yooo, that ignorant hypocrite was starting to piss me off. Thank god for ignoring.

I try not to. But some that shit is very upsetting. Like, I still can't get over the report that the cops wrecked Mike's memorial. What the actual fuck, dude.

I wish we had a report function.
If you think it's too much, PM a mod..it's what they're here for. As for that memorial..yeah, not thinking about it is probably for the best.

Malyse

Funny enough this precinct had body cams but they had not started using them as of yet. SOURCE

I used to live up in that area but moved away about five years ago.

I swear I'm not trying to drag that other thread into this thread, but fucking hell, man.

This hurt to read.

----

On a lighter note, I've has a lot of fun pointing out that the only American Disney Princess is the black one. For some reason that upsets people.

Village

I

On a lighter note, I've has a lot of fun pointing out that the only American Disney Princess is the black one. For some reason that upsets people.

That is fun.

Its the same type of fun I get when mentioning the only champion of America region in Pokemon , is a 12 year old black girl in a sick ass dress. And they the " but they aren't really black" arguments come out

Malyse

That is fun.

Its the same type of fun I get when mentioning the only champion of America region in Pokemon , is a 12 year old black girl in a sick ass dress. And they the " but they aren't really black arguments come out "
And I see it's about that time to take another break from reading race threads on GAF.

Yooo. Can this be a favorite fictional black character / racebending / original character thread for a while? Just to get away from the depression that is America for a bit. :/

BHZ Mayor

Being that the world at large looks at us like we're less than nothing, it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point that half of GAF looks at us the same way

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yooo. Can this be a favorite fictional black character / racebending / original character thread for a while? Just to get away from the depression that is America for a bit. :/
Okay!

i2zsv0DTBUtBb.jpg

Zero fucks given. Sisko basically did whatever the fuck he wanted and the Federation couldn't say shit if they ever wanted to deal with Bajor. And they HAD to deal with Bajor because of the wormhole.

Why doesn't Pocahontas count?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Disney but is basically any female lead considered a "Princess"?

Village

Oh ok cool dreamdrop

Can I just shout out pokemon then

How they just was like " black people exist, lets be more inclusive " and they did, well . Lenora had to go though a bit of editing but the rest of em, fine.

Marshal

Look at this dude, look at him

RfNN8SD.png

Why am I not fighting the streets with this dude right now. Whoever designs the people in pokemon , because it isn't ken anymore needs to make a fighting game. Just make it a shin megami tensei situation where the art style is relatively the same, and just make a fighting game

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
And of course I'm gonna post this guy.

Forget about the real Mark Henry, the man who is (or at least was) legitimately one of the strongest men on the planet, let's talk about "World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry.

This whole thing started when Big Show attacked him one night before a match because I don't know he was depressed or emotional or some dumb bullshit. Henry then started attacking Big Show, and when somebody played Big Show's music as a distraction during a match, costing him a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, he finally had enough.

i3Tz45Zwl3EXk.gif

This led to the Hall of Pain run, where Henry absolutely fucking destroyed everyone in his path for a while on the way to the title. Big Show, Kane, Great Khali, Sheamus, Randy Orton. He finally dropped the title in a three-way feud with him, Big Show, and Daniel Bryan, but not before dropping promos like this (lol shots fired at AJ) and generally being a fantastic "monster" heel. He then slowly faded into the background, despite doing things like showing up in elimination chamber matches and having to be eliminated by fucking Marvel style triple combo finishes.

Then last year, word finally came that Mark Henry was going to retire. He walked out to the middle of the ring to give a heartfelt retirement speech.

izbCjcbd93uzm.gif

YOU THINK IT'S THAT EASY???

HE GOT A LOT LEFT IN THE TANK!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mark Henry got a lot of shit back in the old days for not being great, but he saved his whole career with an incredible Hall of Pain run. I wished so much that he could have continued it. Goddamn I loved it. He went from that godawful rap with MVP to Hall of Pain. So great.

Looks badass now since he got rid of his hair.

Malyse

Why doesn't Pocahontas count?

Because America didn't exist as a fully form entity when her movie took place.

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Disney but is basically any female lead considered a "Princess"?

Nope. There are thirteen princess:

Snow White
Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Belle from Beauty and the Beast
best princess
Ariel from The Little Mermaid
worst princess. Well, princess most likely to get you killed.
Jasmine from Aladdin
Mulan
Pocahotas
Tiana from The Princess and the Frog
Rapunzel from Tangled
Merida from Brave
Elsa and Anna from Frozen

There were initially more princess: Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tinkebell were originally members of the lineup but were both removed later. Tinkerbell would go on to have her own sub series Disney Fairies, while Esme would fade into the background. The real qualification of if a character is included in the lineup comes down to financial viability. Fun fact: when tone of the more recent CEO's of Disney came on board, he was told to do whatever he wants, but to not fuck with the DP, as they were literally paying for everything else the company did. The financial viability factor is why certain princesses don't get included despite being of actual royal lineage, such as Kida from Atlantis, Eilonwy from The Black Cauldron, and Giselle from Enchanted. Interestingly enough, Giselle was to be a member of the DP lineup; she even had a doll made up and everything, but Disney's lawyers realized they would have to pay for the rights to Amy Adams's likeness for the rest of her life and they pulled out. This is why they should just buy the rights to Amy Adams /shameless.

An expected future princess is Moana, the Polynesian lead of the 2018 CGI film Moana (which might be retitled Spirited)

535b6126c581a9f297fa498eeef0bb8c.jpg

----

Allow me to be a little more shameless.

This is Teala Hart.
She's a futuristic take on magical girls (I know as much about magical girls as I do Disney) and this is what she looks like when she transforms.

Both conceived and designed by me, drawn by http://erkaz.deviantart.com/ and rendered by http://the-regressor.tumblr.com/

And yes, that is my avatar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that rabbit hole goes deep. Kinda figured it would though.

Malyse

So this whole thing was secretly to plug your own character?!

I've been bamboozled! Hoodwinked! Hornswoggled!

I said I was shameless :D
not the reaction I was aiming for doe

That being said, Shout out to Kida from Atlantis. You deserve better than being forgotten and I hope you get retroactively add to the Princess line.

Does the Old Spice guy count as a fictional character? I mean, that's just a persona of Isaiah Mustafa like Stephen Colbert.
#Mustafa4LukeCage

Malyse

Agency: Ferguson Police Dept.

Wasn't too sure if this info was shared. Anonymous did some hacking and found these numbers, arrest records of 2013. Numbers are shocking, but not surprising. Has this made OT? I'm expecting certain people to defend the numbers.

"Well maybe they should stop committing the most crimes."

We're talking about fictional black characters today.

Y'all ain't gonna let this happen, huh? I can't force y'all to post anything, but I thought it'd be nice to get away from the negativity for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom