• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because America didn't exist as a fully form entity when her movie took place.

Nope. There are thirteen princess:

Snow White
Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Belle from Beauty and the Beast
best princess
Ariel from The Little Mermaid
worst princess. Well, princess most likely to get you killed.
Jasmine from Aladdin
Mulan
Pocahotas
Tiana from The Princess and the Frog
Rapunzel from Tangled
Merida from Brave
Elsa and Anna from Frozen

There were initially more princess: Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tinkebell were originally members of the lineup but were both removed later. Tinkerbell would go on to have her own sub series Disney Fairies, while Esme would fade into the background. The real qualification of if a character is included in the lineup comes down to financial viability. Fun fact: when tone of the more recent CEO's of Disney came on board, he was told to do whatever he wants, but to not fuck with the DP, as they were literally paying for everything else the company did. The financial viability factor is why certain princesses don't get included despite being of actual royal lineage, such as Kida from Atlantis, Eilonwy from The Black Cauldron, and Giselle from Enchanted. Interestingly enough, Giselle was to be a member of the DP lineup; she even had a doll made up and everything, but Disney's lawyers realized they would have to pay for the rights to Amy Adams's likeness for the rest of her life and they pulled out. This is why they should just buy the rights to Amy Adams /shameless.

An expected future princess is Moana, the Polynesian lead of the 2018 CGI film Moana (which might be retitled Spirited)

535b6126c581a9f297fa498eeef0bb8c.jpg

----

Allow me to be a little more shameless.

This is Teala Hart.
She's a futuristic take on magical girls (I know as much about magical girls as I do Disney) and this is what she looks like when she transforms.

Both conceived and designed by me, drawn by http://erkaz.deviantart.com/ and rendered by http://the-regressor.tumblr.com/

And yes, that is my avatar.

Just broswed your DA account (haven't been on DA in ages) good stuff. I was going to ask if you had pixiv by chance and saw you did. Good stuff dude. Keep up the grind man!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This is cool, more people should do it that way everyone gets 2 celebrations out of a union.
Keep at it. Honestly I haven't had any success in Portland. I'll spend forever messaging back and forth, they show interest in wanting to meet up, then just go radio silent. People are kind of passive here, or hyper specialize to the point that even though we almost entirely agree with each other, since I haven't specced gigavegan + panliberconservative as my subclasses (or any other super specific stuff) then they just go back to waiting
I'm in the midwest but I know exactly what you are talking about in regards to radio silence after an initial messaging as well as the silly special requirements some people seem to have. I'll take a break and then come back to it when I am feeling more enthusiastic.

Malyse

Luke Cage also stars in one of the greatest marvel comics of all time, where he invades Latveria to get the $40 Dr Doom stiffed him on

Breaking into the Baxter Building, Luke Cage engages in a brief battle with the Fantastic Four which ends in a draw. After the fight, Luke explains that he came to the Baxter Building to obtain a ship to fly into Latveria and get the money that Dr. Doom owes him. Convincing Reed Richards, Luke is given one of the Fantastic Four's sky crafts and Luke flies it into Latveria.

When the ship is suspended in the air at the Latverian boarder, Luke fights off Doom's army. Traveling the countryside, Luke comes into contact with the robot rebellion led by the Faceless One. Luke agrees to aid in their attack on Doom's castle, but only for the purposes of getting the money he's owed.

While the robots keep the palace guards busy, Luke fights his way into Doom's throne room where the two come to blows over the payment that Luke is owed. During the fight, Doom's armor is critically damaged, making him an easy target for the Faceless One. However, not wanting the man who owes him money to be killed, defeats the Faceless One, who abandons his android body in order to escape. Impressed with Luke's determination, Dr. Doom pays Cage in full and allows him to leave Latveria. Luke quickly makes his exit leaving Doom to quell the robot uprising on his own.

Returning to the Baxter Building, the Fantastic Four (Thing in particular) want to know what happened in Latveria, Luke disinterested in sharing stories simply walks out and takes a cab, leaving the Fantastic Four to only speculate how Doom stopped the robot uprising.

Holy shit.

I want a Squirrel Girl/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom