• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

That GoT finale was amazing. I was mulling over whether to read the books, but I think I can wait it out.

i hope so breh

MAiFZQ7.gif

Need to schedule an appointment tomorrow for the dentist, slight headache emanating from my tooth. Never a good sign; swear to god if I have to get a root canal. Ugh.

ReiGun

truth on that.

that hound/brienne fight was straight out of they live. damn that was some shit

A Lannister always pays his debts, brehs.

She whopped that nigga's ass for real. I thought the Hound had her too. And then Arya the savage wolf just running his pockets and leaving him to die. Smh :'(

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
A Lannister always pays his debts, brehs.

She whopped that nigga's ass for real. I thought the Hound had her too. And then Arya the savage wolf just running his pockets and leaving him to die. Smh :'(

she bit his damn ear off and took a rock to his dome. the hound got rekt. but damn did i feel for dude afterward. so pathetic a chick thats been dreaming off killing you wont twist the knife. and tyrion won the show at the expense of having his heart broken even more. tywin dying on the can was hilarious too

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That GoT finale was amazing. I was mulling over whether to read the books, but I think I can wait it out.

Things are so different it might be worth reading just to see how

Like that fight with the hound never happened in the books. And shae was a completely different character

Slayven

All you Halo folks, how you think the community will react when MS reveals Halo 5 to have a new main character or be a reboot?

J10

Banned
All you Halo folks, how you think the community will react when MS reveals Halo 5 to have a new main character or be a reboot?

I'm anticipating a repeat of the Raiden controversy if that happens, but I would hope they know better. I'd much rather play as the Arbiter again before another new character. A lot of people hated that originally, but I thought it was a cool way to humanize the Covenant. I wish they hadn't back peddled on that thread in Halo 3. Over time I've seen more people asking for him to return, so Halo 5 looks like he'll be there, at least as part of the narrative.

Trey

The fan base will accept it as long as it doesn't retcon anything people care about, and the character isn't "annoying." if 343 trots another strong, silent type out there and sidestep established canon, they'll be fine as far as fans are concerned.

Slayven

I'm anticipating a repeat of the Raiden controversy if that happens, but I would hope they know better. I'd much rather play as the Arbiter again before another new character. A lot of people hated that originally, but I thought it was a cool way to humanize the Covenant. I wish they hadn't back peddled on that thread in Halo 3. Over time I've seen more people asking for him to return, so Halo 5 looks like he'll be there, at least as part of the narrative.

The fan base will accept it as long as it doesn't retcon anything people care about, and the character isn't "annoying." if 343 trots another strong, silent type out there and sidestep established canon, they'll be fine as far as fans are concerned.
I still dream of the day MC takes off that helmet and is reveated to be a black dude.
I don't understand shit like this. Dudes wait months, sometimes years, to be able post on Gaf, and lost their account saying some dumb shit. How hard is it to stay out of hot button topics and avoid being a jackass? Super hard, apparently.

Takes so little not to be an asshole, think what you want and feel what you want. Just don't be an asshole.

Kreed

I don't understand shit like this. Dudes wait months, sometimes years, to be able post on Gaf, and lost their account saying some dumb shit. How hard is it to stay out of hot button topics and avoid being a jackass? Super hard, apparently.

That's because most other gaming internet forums are run like crap. So Juniors come here thinking they can pull the same shit without actually lurking long enough to recognize that it doesn't fly.

Then there's the fact that Gaming side rarely deals with any social issues, so most of the socially inept on this forum can thrive there and make posts without sending up any red flags. So all it takes is one OT like topic on the Gaming side to create a grave yard topic.

BHZ Mayor

Togashi must have been on hiatus or something during the part of Hunter X Hunter I stopped at last night. Just when business starting to pick up,
Not-Cell
starts
playing board games with this snot-nosed blind girl
and the pacing comes to a grinding halt for like 10 episodes. So glad I'm binge-watching. Had I been watching this at release, waiting week-to-week for something to finally happen, and it doesn't, I would've been pissed. Then when something finally does happen, they spend literally two whole episodes in slow motion narrating the background and aftermath of one attack. This may have taken the Nothing's Happening crown from Vegeta powering up against Cell.

Kreed

Togashi must have been on hiatus or something during the part of Hunter X Hunter I stopped at last night. Just when business starting to pick up,
Not-Cell
starts
playing board games with this snot-nosed blind girl
and the pacing comes to a grinding halt for like 10 episodes. So glad I'm binge-watching. Had I been watching this at release, waiting week-to-week for something to finally happen, and it doesn't, I would've been pissed. Then when something finally does happen, they spend literally two whole episodes in slow motion narrating the background and aftermath of one attack. This may have taken the Nothing's Happening crown from Vegeta powering up against Cell.

I can't speak for the anime, but in the manga Togashi's hiatuses never affect the flow of the actual manga, and it always picks right back up as if a hiatus never happened. Most of his hiatuses happened during the ant arc though (it took him almost 9 years to complete it).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Modders are making Ubisoft PC ports look FromSoft-level bad out here.

Context? I desperately need a patch for shit_dogs on PC, because the stutter is out of control while driving.

Between Luke Cage and T'Challa, I wonder how many thought the same and acted on it.

There was that old couch story from Luke Cage that was funny as fuck.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Context? I desperately need a patch for shit_dogs on PC, because the stutter is out of control while driving.
The original E3 graphics are still hidden in the PC version data. Modding the game lets you use them.

Here are a few videos with the new settings..

http://a.pomf.se/amkeaz.webm

http://a.pomf.se/jbwyci.webm

Everything at Ultra (including textures) on a GTX 690 (sli disabled so basically a 680 2GB card, that's right....2gb with ULTRA textures) 1920x1080 res with TXAA 2 capped at 30fps using NVCP...

Now it does dip below 30 using Ultra textures but I can say for sure right now that if they manage to fix SLI on this game the 690 would handle this game with 30+ fps using Ultra textures for sure using these tweaks.

What this MOD/patch proves is that this game does NOT need 2gb+ VRAM for ultra textures and I hope UBI are rectifying that with an official patch.

The stuttering is gone for me, especially when using high textures, its non existent now (with SLI disabled)

Either Ubi intentionally gimped the look of the PC version (which sounds dumb but wouldn't be out of the question based on how fearful Ubi has proved itself to be about piracy), or they just didn't want to put the work in to optimize the game.

Apparently the performance doesn't take much of a hit because of how inefficient the original version is, and the stuttering is fixed when using the mod.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The original E3 graphics are still hidden in the PC version data. Modding the game lets you use them.

Either Ubi intentionally gimped the look of the PC version (which sounds dumb but wouldn't be out of the question based on how fearful Ubi has proved itself to be about piracy), or they just didn't want to put the work in to optimize the game.

Apparently the performance doesn't take much of a hit because of how inefficient the original version is, and the stuttering is fixed when using the mod.

Jesus Christ. Thanks, I'm all in this. What the hell Ubisoft.

Reading is fundamental bruh

5 chapters left in Clash of Kings for me....I'll catch up to yall one day

Dyslexia is a bitch.

After the first lord of the rings movie I decided to read the books. That was such a chore.

Imagine reading a whole page then realizing you didn't absorb 1 bit of information. Then multiply that by a thousand pages.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Holy Baikal

I honestly get him and the nekocat guy who thinks that the animals are actually down with the bestiality confused.

Another year wait for Game of Thrones. I need to stop procrastinating and read those books.
If you do that, don't admit it, or they'll take you out of their thread "just in case".

I need a book on the history of Sicily. Just went through the Wiki and a ton of powerful civilizations basically rolled through there.

Seeking Sicily is well reviewed.

There's another called Sicily: Three Thousand Years, but they do a very shallow dive into the Greco-Roman period, which was strange, given that Syracuse was actually a strategic resource during the Punic wars and during the establishment of the Second Triumvirate, which establishes exactly why the Byzantines, Arabs, Normans, Bourbons, and Napoleon were so interested in capturing and pacifying it, and why the Allies went into Sicily first during WWII, rather than the heel or toe of Italy or into France, Greece, or even Spain.

Preciate that Kuma.

As much as we shit on Hudlin, four the hard way had Luke talking about how he banged SpiderWoman or Black Cat on that couch. And ninjas destroyed it.

I just watched Doom. Haven't seen it in years but my god its bad. A good bad but bad. Why was Rosamund Pike "cold" in every scene. And that FPS sequence.... My wifey hated every minute. We basically played a game of how many wonderfully horrid one liners we could come with after every death.

Slayven

Dyslexia is a bitch.

After the first lord of the rings movie I decided to read the books. That was such a chore.

Imagine reading a whole page then realizing you didn't absorb 1 bit of information. Then multiply that by a thousand pages.
The books are a horrid to read. It would be easier to read the Nevada 1983 tax code.
Preciate that Kuma.

As much as we shit on Hudlin, four the hard way had Luke talking about how he banged SpiderWoman or Black Cat on that couch. And ninjas destroyed it.

I just watched Doom. Haven't seen it in years but my god its bad. A good bad but bad. Why was Rosamund Pike "cold" in every scene. And that FPS sequence.... My wifey hated every minute. We basically played a game of how many wonderfully horrid one liners we could come with after every death.
Depending on which one my response ranges from "meh", "you could go to jail again", and "should have wifed her".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom