• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Imm0rt4l pls explain

Yo I'm not even going to defend Kojima or metal gear. I'm learning to just embrace the weirdness. Funny thing is the games go for a more and more realist aesthetic, but they're so disjointed because the voice acting and the story are so subpar. I don't mind some quirkiness in the mechanics even though I think it undermines the overall tone of the game. I think the girlie magazines introduced in MGS3 are dumb, but they inject so much personality into metal gear online. I remembered when the leaked documents for mgs3 was revealed and showed and spoiled all the boss characters, including a flaming astronaut and a guy who attacks you with bees. I believe mgs3 basically both made the series what it is today, and is it's downfal, because the aformentioned leaked list was too stupid to be true, low and behold it turned out that it was in fact the real deal....and yet MGS3 might be the best game in the series. Big Boss stays starring in good games, so here's hoping that this continues the trend.

That said, the new box mechanics I'm hearing about is fucking stupid.

So I just posted an amazing twitter tear that @ShaunKing posted on sunday, and it got me thinking about what the fall out was for all these cases. I mean, we all know about Trayvon and Renisha, but what about all the other ones? So, here's a status update:
We went to school together he graduated a couple classes ahead of me, real good dude. Actually just spoke with him FB last night, him and his family are going through some things right now. Thankfully I was in the position to help me out some.

Malyse

We went to school together he graduated a couple classes ahead of me, real good dude. Actually just spoke with him FB last night, him and his family are going through some things right now. Thankfully I was in the position to help me out some.

I'm too drunk to understand that. Who were you referring to?

TJ Combo lookin' like a damn gorilla

iwb4xjPp5mbdk.gif

Shit, that reminds me. Me and the bae went to a bodybuilding show this past Saturday so we could support one of his friends in the competition and man is it weird. Him and I agreed it's not our thing. Nothing but leathery oiled-up mid-life-crises-toting guys and gals onstage. Anyways, though, there was this black dude that looked like he was living the "AIN'T THAT SOME SHIT?" life and wasn't a WWE personality. Fucker looked like two Predators duct taped together. Seriously, it was nuts how much muscle he had going on - especially lower body. He looked like he could leg press in the 800 lb. range. As part of a "superlative" group of four who got specialty awards, there were best back, legs, and chest - bae and I were certain he was going to get best legs. When he didn't we were like "wait so what he's going to get?"

Most intimidating.

I shit you not. On the plus side, though, the guy we came to support - name's Assad - looked pretty good for a bodybuilder. Like, he could actually just pass for a buff dude and isn't damned to the life of wrinkles, spray-tans and steroids for the rest of his life. There were some women sitting behind us talking about the guys the whole time and they were getting thirsty as fuck whenever a reasonably-proportioned black guy not named Mr. Most Intimidating got on stage. Especially Assad. They were saying some shit when people came out like "you better work" and "toot it" and all that, but the best was when some spray-tanned white guy who looked bronze (as in metallic, not tan) came out and one of the girls said "he looks like a mascot for something."

We were losing our shit the entire time.

Jado

Banned
What the hell is going on with Nelly? First the Cheerios commercials, now Snapple.

Waiting for the Ja Rule comeback in commercials.

J10

Banned
You remember slam books? We need one of those, but with the names of Gaf's racist and apologist luminaries so we know who not to waste time on.

I just add them to my ignore list. I just wish everyone else would stop quoting and responding to them.

Trey

Only Kojima can get thousands to play a demo for hours where only two or three things actually happen.

I'm talking about P.T, not Ground Zeroes you cheeky fools.

FreeMufasa

lol

he's actually a relatively small fish though; no one really listens to him, especially since the great Jadoning. There are a lot more in the Gaf bucket

When I first sent u guys NIJ he sent me a pm like "hey man, I was really worried about you, I heard some stuff went down, can u send me the pm? Thanks!"

Looked through his post history and saw the type of shit jade called him
Out on lol

Enzom21

lol

he's actually a relatively small fish though; no one really listens to him, especially since the great Jadoning. There are a lot more in the Gaf bucket

Yeah everyone pretty much ignores him or calls him a racist, it's pretty amusing.
Boom Boom Pow finally stopped being subtle.

Gorillaz

y'all need to become wrestling stans

i had fun watching RAW with wrasslegaf yesterday
Its honestly more fun when watching it with them cause I wouldn't other wise

It gets pretty negative at times tho and there is alot of passive aggressive trolling so just warning you

Jado

Banned
When I first sent u guys NIJ he sent me a pm like "hey man, I was really worried about you, I heard some stuff went down, can u send me the pm? Thanks!"

Looked through his post history and saw the type of shit jade called him
Out on lol

Jade? The fuck...

Useless fact: My username came about from playing Wizardry II on NES back in '96. Needed to come up with character names. Mortal Kombat... Jade? But more masculine... Jado.

What did Boom Boom Pow do? I think he was in the Apple diversity thread talking about how minorities should blame themselves for not having his awesome bootstraps.

Jade? The fuck...

Useless fact: My username came about from playing Wizardry II on NES back in '96. Needed to come up with character names. Mortal Kombat... Jade? But more masculine... Jado.

What did Boom Boom Pow do? I think he was in the Apple diversity thread talking about how minorities should blame themselves for not having his awesome bootstraps.

The comment's been deleted, but he basically said why get mad at the cops for killing blacks when they're killing each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom