• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
He deserves it but then again he never should of sided against the house Stark. None of them should have. Like I Binged the series and Ned stark was the Atticus Finch of GoT. All those Stark Kids were not made to handle the fuckery of the world around them, because they were raised on principles. Theon should of spent his life in Robb's entourage doing what he did best sleeping with women and shooting arrows now he can't even do those anymore. My money is he commits suicide before everything is through

The Ned Stark comparison is spot on. Principles got Robb killed and Sansa living under a fog. It sucks that she only understood the world under Littlefinger's watch. She would have done better in Highgarden. At least Lady Olena could have worked with her. Stockholm Syndrome has got a hold on Theon. He ain't killing himself no time soon.

That thread reminds me of an acquaintance of mine. Dude was a real life 5%er. I didn't know they existed outside of the internet and old Wu-Tang lyrics.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I got more angry at that thread than I've been at anything on the internet in a long time.

Kreed

I got more angry at that thread than I've been at anything on the internet in a long time.

If you ever meet someone from the NOI, Black Hebrews, 5 percent nation, etc... in real life do NOT ask them about their beliefs unless you enjoy mental gymnastics, and if it comes up change the subject quickly. These guys live and breathe off of tin foil hat theories about Black people. Everything from the statue of liberty being a black woman to the moon being a piece of the earth that the white man blew off of it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
If you ever meet someone from the NOI, Black Hebrews, 5 percent nation, etc... in real life do NOT ask them about their beliefs unless you enjoy mental gymnastics, and if it comes up change the subject quickly. These guys live and breathe off of tin foil hat theories about Black people. Everything from the statue of liberty being a black woman to the moon being a piece of the earth that the white man blew off of it.

...what? That's an actual belief?

Young Magus

Been hell for the past 12 hours

Last night my cousin had a heart attack and died at 25

Late but sorry for your loss and I hope that you and your family will get through this in a peace way.

.......................dammit.

Actually I take this back after reading the thread and Mandrake's summary. Dude is on that NOI/Black Hebrew, reinventing black history BS. Still crazy, but not "let's kill everyone in the government" crazy.

Recap post was worth it I admit, but stilll......dammit

Man, nothings worse then having a old high school friend on Facebook turn into one of them posting conspiracies or having one preach outside of a food area on a college campus while it was remodeling.

Lionel Mandrake put in that work....and bruh dem 5 percenter's. They really hit the south hard when I was in high school. The stuff I heard them talk about during lunch breaks was comma inducing....

DominoKid

Scandal's winning. Not much else is though. Happy to see Chicago Fire on the rise.

ZZ2EFBE781.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

Your folks didn't make you all cut off the cartoons and sit and watch the umpteen Roots VHS tapes, when you were younger? I was mad as fuck at Alex Haley, as a kid. lol

Your folks didn't make you all cut off the cartoons and sit and watch the umpteen Roots VHS tapes, when you were younger? I was mad as fuck at Alex Haley, as a kid. lol

breh I grew up in South Carolina. Rural South Carolina. I didn't need to see roots when I could just go out my grandma's back door and see the plantation house she used to work in and the cotton field my grandfather worked on. I didn't see roots until i was in college 1997.... and by that time I was numb to it plus I was all Amistad, Mississippi burning, Higher Learning, and Rosewood out.

Trey

I would be sadder about Parks & Rec's drop if this passed season wasn't so good and the next season wasn't already confirmed to be the finale.

Oldschoolgamer

breh I grew up in South Carolina. Rural South Carolina. I didn't need to see roots when I could just go out my grandma's back door and see the plantation house she used to work in and the cotton field my grandfather worked on. I didn't see roots until i was in college 1997.... and by that time I was numb to it plus I was all Amistad, Mississippi burning, Higher Learning, and Rosewood out.

lol. I spent time in MS, and had to hear about how "white people ain't shit" from fam, every time one of those movies were on. Pretty sure I saw most of those before I hit my teen years. Glad those cism days are behind me, when dealing with my folks.

Family Matters theme overlaid overhighlights of Queen and Roots.

"Its a rare condition this day and age..."

Oh shit this could also be the reunion of the cast of Homeboys in Outer Space and A Different World. Holy shit can't you picture it?

RP912

Banned
One thing I notice about living in Georgia. It's a must in order to be officially a GA native to know every quote of the color purple. Dudes be saying quotes from that movie like Shakespeare.

Family Matters theme overlaid overhighlights of Queen and Roots.

"Its a rare condition this day and age..."

Oh shit this could also be the reunion of the cast of Homeboys in Outer Space and A Different World. Holy shit can't you picture it?

Tracee Eliss Ross as the house slave Flex is crazy about, and Wendy Raquel Robinson as Flex best friend but is secretly in love with him. We need someone to play master, preferably a white tv actor who has huge back in the day, Alan Thicke?

Oh yeah we get Terrio to guest star on the first episode as the dancing slave master loves

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Tracee Eliss Ross as the house slave Flex is crazy about, and Wendy Raquel Robinson as Flex best friend but is secretly in love with him. We need someone to play master, preferably a white tv actor who has huge back in the day, Alan Thicke?

Oh yeah we get Terrio to guest star on the first episode as the dancing slave master loves

How are they gonna explain how a slave got so big?

KumaJG

BulletHead? Conrad Bain?

get the old lady from The Facts of Life to do it

We also need Sinbad for this project, stat.

sinbadcomedy.jpg

"Bein a slave ain't so bad, I mean I ain't gotta pay rent or nothin."

*laugh track*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom