• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHZ Mayor

You should listen to Exodus, it hurts cause you know she is better than this. Damn you are not lying about Rule your world. She said this shit with a straight face?

"I got to work and sweat before you come in."

"Yummy in my tummy"

"Do you want some Ramen"

"Yokohama Ratchet"

Takes skill to embarrass two races in one song.

lol dafuq

You should listen to Exodus, it hurts cause you know she is better than this. Damn you are not lying about Rule your world. She said this shit with a straight face?

"I got to work and sweat before you come in."

"Yummy in my tummy"

"Do you want some Ramen"

"Yokohama Ratchet"

Takes skill to embarrass two races in one song.

Nah I'm alright on that. And yeah Rule Your World is pretty bad; I guess that's the consequence of kickstarting your album because your home record label didn't want to fuck with it.

Still would eat her's and emyli's toe nails clippings.

ibpljh6vHGfFHR.gif

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Still would eat her's and emyli's toe nails clippings.

I don't know about you sometimes Slave.

I mean for a while the I was thinking that people were shiting on you too much for no reason.

Then you say shit like this...

Hey guys, just thought I'd stop in.

Where you're from- Lived in Japan until I was seven, born in North Dakota.
Where you live- I've been living in Northwest Florida for about twelve years. Kill me.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Puerto Rican and German. Don't keep up much with the Puerto Rican side now that my mom's remarried, don't really do much with the genes other than keep hipster-ass stubble and tan really easily.
Do you know your roots- German side (the Wahrers) immigrated into New York as carpenter-types back in the 1820s, and mostly occupied Ohio and Montana in the following decades. Puerto Ricans... live in Puerto Rico. Or Texas.
Your Age- 19
Favorite musical genre- Alternative
Your profession/major/career interest- Associate's in Graphic Design (shoutout to Devo), entering the Air Force in Radio and Television Broadcasting this September, and then once I'm out I want to end up in Washington / somewhere on the west coast to work on game development. Hopefully something with Halo.
Your religious affiliation- Agnostic / indifferent, family wasn't hugely religious in the first place
Hobbies- Working out, music production, graphic design, infographics, slowly-but-surely developing an arena shooter. If you guys need any music / graphic design work done for projects, give me a shout.

Why folks gotta be loud and in the way at 9AM?

It's non-morning person's nightmare.

Rap cars at it again?

The fact that you added the (s) to keep makes me proud of you as a southerner.

@subzero; no need to dodge the question. KFC, Popeye's or mana from heaven church's chicken. Choose correctly
church's

Shit, totally forgot. Popeye's for sure. KFC tastes like pure salt and grease. Waffle-flavored strips at Popeye's are GOAT. Haven't had a lot of Church's.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm just confused as to why every discussion in OT has to turn to a pissing contest. It's hard to read through religious topics and controversial threads these days without pressing that post button.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn that All In the Family/Jeffersons crossover is wild.

Slayven

I'm sitting here wondering who the fuck are these musicians you are talking about, then this line. Now I need to know who they are. Before I Google, are they better or worse than Lupita?

Crystal Kay is pure Blasian Perfection and Emyli has legs for days and I am not even a leg man.

Just depends on what you like.

Welcome Sub Zero

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I take back what I said about Edge of Tomorrow. It was better than I gave it credit for.

I take back what I said about Edge of Tomorrow. It was better than I gave it credit for.

I thought it was decent. Good balance and sense of humor. The design of the alien things left a lot to be desired, IMO. They were hard to see and as such action was often hard to follow.

I def liked X-Men more.

DY_nasty

^^JustAnothermike: You actually see Cruise act for the first time in a decade too.
I thought it was decent. Good balance and sense of humor. The design of the alien things left a lot to be desired, IMO. They were hard to see and as such action was often hard to follow.

I def liked X-Men more.

There were a lot of design ideas that I didn't like. Didn't particularly like the average grunt suits/jackets and the aliens could've been much, much more... anything. The tiger-octopus blurs that they were did give off a feeling of "you're fucked" when you see one but they really looked way too over-simplified in my opinion.

Blunt was the best part of the movie by far. I feel robbed knowing that she could've been Sarah Connor.

I'm still sticking to what I said about it compared to the other big summer movies. X-Men in particular shits all over it at everything.

Truth be told, I never listened to Exodus to make a comparison. But they're pretty bad; I'm talkin Chief Keef might be able to write a better pop song. I never finished listening to either, I know on Rule Your World she breaks off into Japanese/English randomly and I'm like...niggress you know you're in the US right? If you're trying to get on TRL this shit isn't gonna work. I stopped listening at that point.

To be fair the song itself is average but is brought down by the weird as fuck hook.

so I searched for this on youtube out of pure curiosity because I've heard that name before but never heard an actual song

this heffa's rapping about tempura and ramen? in a song about a relationship? what?

apparently rachetness has reached japan

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This is true every five minutes you popping up on steam in a new game. the only constant one is Dark Souls 2

that's because most of the time it's just idling for trading cards for a couple hours in the background

^^JustAnothermike: You actually see Cruise act for the first time in a decade too.

There were a lot of design ideas that I didn't like. Didn't particularly like the average grunt suits/jackets and the aliens could've been much, much more... anything. The tiger-octopus blurs that they were did give off a feeling of "you're fucked" when you see one but they really looked way too over-simplified in my opinion.

Blunt was the best part of the movie by far. I feel robbed knowing that she could've been Sarah Connor.

I'm still sticking to what I said about it compared to the other big summer movies. X-Men in particular shits all over it at everything.

Well, that's good hear. I may check that out then.

I totally forgot that another Terminator is being made. They got the mother of dragons playing Sarah Connor? That will be interesting to see.

That's what coffee is for, my man.

I get my coffee at the same time as I my breakfast, so it doesn't help. Honestly, I don't really care about them being loud, but they become oblivious to their surroundings.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Michael Bivins Talks Summer’s “All Six” New Edition Tour

Are you a New Edition fan? Then this is your summer. The “All Six” tour kicks off on June 26, which means candy girls will have the chance to see the whole group on tour.

The first run is 28 dates but as they’ve done before they will likely crisscross the country a few times. So yes, Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, Mike, Johnny and Ralph will all be on the show with their patented choreography and catalogue of hits.

“Bobby’s in good spirits,” Michael Bivins told the Tom Joyner Morning Show. “He’s got his barbeque sauce, he’s on the dance floor, he’s learning all the routines. Brook (Payne, NE’s longtime choreographer) is on him so tough, we’re trying to get him on records he didn’t even sing on. Cause you know Bob like to come from around the corner 20 minutes into the show because he doesn’t know what we’re doing in the first 20 minutes so now, he got to go to rehearsal early so he can start when we start, so it’s an intro with everybody (laughs). “

Though he has a new line of barbeque sauces, Bobby hasn’t freely shared with his bandmates yet.

“You know he always got a reason. He’s keeping it in a secret vault until he’s ready to reveal it. He said it’s called the Sweet and Spice so we’re ready to taste the Sweet and Spice see what it feel like.”

New Edition has proven to be one of Black music’s most enduring groups and one of the few to have kept its original lineup over three decades. The guys have gone off to solo careers and various projects over time, but always come back together without the drama and tragedy that has destroyed many other groups.

“It feels a little different. I think everybody’s in a good space mentally. The ladies are going to be there, baby. I think the skirt will be a little tighter, the shirt a little more open. It’s going to be a voyage baby. It’s going to be right.”

Odds that Bobby will actually be in better shape for this tour as opposed to the 30th anniversary tour?

Still trips me out hearing Tresvant's voice transition from talking to singing.

Ricky's the anchor of the group anyway. Speaking of which outside of Slayven, DY, Bish, Esco and myself who else here is old enough to remember the original group in all their shag and rat-tail glory????

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ricky's the anchor of the group anyway. Speaking of which outside of Slayven, DY, Bish, Esco and myself who else here is old enough to remember the original group in all their shag and rat-tail glory????

I didn't catch their original days, just from their second album on a year or two after it came out. I think I was 6 or 7, lol.

DY_nasty

lol how old do you think i am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom