• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaJG

Yo!
LR0LA2X.jpg

Whodis?! And why she look like Angela Simmons' doppelganger?

Tessa Thompson

royalan

I'm just going to say it.

The movie looks like shit. Complete and total Tumblr shit.

I'm all for being subversive, but you still need to be good. As of now, Dear White People looks like a shitty movie that wants to poke fun of black stereotypes perpetrated by white media by presenting basically white, "hipster-fied" versions of those same damn stereotypes.

None of these characters came off as more real to me than any other movie I've seen with black caricatures...and on top of that it's low budget and looks like shit.

Pass.

Slayven

I'm all for being subversive, but you still need to be good. As of now, Dear White People looks like a shitty movie that wants to poke fun of black stereotypes perpetrated by white media by presenting basically white, "hipster-fied" versions of those same damn stereotypes.

None of these characters came off as more real to me than any other movie I've seen with black caricatures...and on top of that it's low budget and looks like shit.

Pass.

It's going to be heavy handed as theee fuck. But I cheering it on because they will be mad.

Gorillaz

Pass.
It's too self aware and basically lacks finesse off of the trailer alone.

2tryhard4me

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sweetest Taboo motherfuckers!!

So classy. Perfection family.
My cousin is Sade's drummer #humblebrag

I got to meet her backstage and take a photo before her Vancouver concert in 2011. She's even more transcendent in person - I never get tongue tied around celebrities but she had me tripping over my words like

Z1PxNed.jpg

The last few weeks I've had this obsession yo want to be with religious girls. I find it humorous at the idea of it working out. Saw this chick in a "love jesus" shirt off in her own world doing the robot to the music playing in the grocery store. Got the number instead of my usual ignore those types. don't even think I'll call

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The last few weeks I've had this obsession yo want to be with religious girls. I find it humorous at the idea of it working out. Saw this chick in a "love jesus" shirt off in her own world doing the robot to the music playing in the grocery store. Got the number instead of my usual ignore those types. don't even think I'll call

y

Know you not the legends

This will be glorious....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
before this goes typical OT...

how religious are we talking?

goes to church on sundays, hands out pamphlets regarding volunteer services tied to her affiliation, or actively trying to convert people with everyday conversation?

edit: ^that's mature as fuck

before this goes typical OT...

how religious are we talking?

goes to church on sundays, hands out pamphlets regarding volunteer services tied to her affiliation, or actively trying to convert people with everyday conversation?
Presbyterian I think had one of those African volunteer shirts on for stopping trafficking

I'm not proud of it, just a string of thoughts. I think a lot of shit for writing and ideas spin out sometimes

caesar

Banned

eesh, nothing turns me off more

Spinluck

Hmm, I feel like it's rare to find those type of girls now (not sure why anyone would want to lol), and if you do find them they're crazy and won't even let you grab their boobs after 3 months.

The again, odds are you won't be corrupting anyone and she's already been laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom