• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys like your steaks? Having this monster tonight.

21uPpRP.png

harSon

Banned
The whole movie is not that great, but I won't say that in the OT. First one was better by a mile.

I haven't seen it yet, but if the movie is 2 hours and 30 minutes, then that means the movie is going to have to have a lot more story, dialog and character development than the first. Having seen the first, those are elements that I don't particularly trust the filmmakers with.

J10

Banned
I haven't seen it yet, but if the movie is 2 hours and 30 minutes, then that means the movie is going to have to have a lot more story, dialog and character development than the first. Having seen the first, those are elements that I don't particularly trust the filmmakers with.

It drags and there's too much emphasis on the gore for me. It's borderline fetishistic. I would have preferred a more straight up less talky martial arts flick. The fight choreography is not quite on par with the first either and it seemed overcut, but the way the action is framed is better overall - there are a few long shots that are really technically impressive.

Nakazato

Watched frozen yesterday after coworkers talked it up...

Fuck frozen I hated it. It had one good song and horrible throw away story

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's a whole era of Jackie I need to get down to watching.

You're in for a treat. Rush Hour is cool and all but his Hong Kong stuff from the 80s are probably some of the most groundbreaking and influential action movies of all time. Martial arts or other wise

You're in for a treat. Rush Hour is cool and all but his Hong Kong stuff from the 80s are probably some of the most groundbreaking and influential action movies of all time. Martial arts or other wise

I still remember the first time I saw Drunken Master, it was dubbed in French but the fight in the steel mill/foundry just blew my mind. I'd seen other Jackie and lots of other martial arts movies but this one just resonated with me. I maintain Jackie is the GOAT over everyone. Dude broke his body for that perfect shot, if that ain't GOAT worthy, then I don't know what is

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I still remember the first time I saw Drunken Master, it was dubbed in French but the fight in the steel mill/foundry just blew my mind. I'd seen other Jackie and lots of other martial arts movies but this one just resonated with me. I maintain Jackie is the GOAT over everyone. Dude broke his body for that perfect shot, if that ain't GOAT worthy, then I don't know what is

Dude is crazy and extremely athletic, but also just funny.

Like in those frequent Jackie Chan vs Jet Li arguments, I always 100% back Jackie simply because of how much more entertaining his movies are to watch.

Drunken Master 2 had some insane fight scenes like you said, but the stuff inbetween them is also really entertaining because of his comedic chemistry with Anita Mui. Holds true across alot of his movies. Dude could pull off both the action guy and the funny guy at the same time.

harSon

Banned
If ya'll get the El Rey Network, they've got a pretty good selection of Kung Fu films going on a weekly basis. Blaxploitation (and Exploitation in general) too.

And I went to Target for a few pair of gym shorts, and I came out a Wii U owner.

Got the Wii U Mario/Luigi Bundle for $275 and I got Mario Kart 8 + Super Mario 3D World for $105 with tax, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for free with the buy 2 get 1 free deal. I got the Wonderful 101 for $24 and am going to get Zelda Windwaker HD for free with the Mario Kart 8 promotion.

That's probably the best deal in gaming right now. For the price of an XB1 with Kinect, you're basically getting a Wii U and 6 games. I'm on that midnight L train ya'll

Slayven

If ya'll get the El Rey Network, they've got a pretty good selection of Kung Fu films going on a weekly basis. Blaxploitation (and Exploitation in general) too.

And I went to Target for a few pair of gym shorts, and I came out a Wii U owner.

Got the Wii U Mario/Luigi Bundle for $275 and I got Mario Kart 8 + Super Mario 3D World for $105 with tax, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for free with the buy 2 get 1 free deal. I got the Wonderful 101 for $24 and am going to get Zelda Windwaker HD for free with the Mario Kart 8 promotion.

That's probably the best deal in gaming right now. For the price of an XB1 with Kinect, you're basically getting a Wii U and 6 games. I'm on that midnight L train ya'll
More people own a Wii U than get the El Rey network.
His little shitty indie movie on youtube.

Don't get mad just because you were 25 when this first came out.

I grow up when kids explored shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom