• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Life was underrated, still holds up really goddamn well.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Is it me or does the woman playing aaliyah need to be a *little* bit darker? At least give her some makeup or something. Either way, I'm mad. That was Ciara's role I tell ya.

Call me soft but I stay away from any of the clear race-baiting threads on this board. I'm fully content to keep it moving.

Is anyone else waiting on Rick Ross' official response to this weekend? At least he didn't get Styles P'd, Jim Jones'd, Trick Daddy'd or Yung Berg'd. Use the googles to decode the last sentence. The moral of the story from this past weekend is "we (they) call it respect, you call it extortion".

I'm on my yoga shit right now heavy. I'm drinking water and working on my hero's pose.

WHY IN THE SHIT IS TRIALS FUSION SO HARD? All I want to do is unlock the rabbit but have 12 medals to go.

is it wrong that i didnt get this until the yung berg mention?

Do we really need an Aaliyah movie?

nah

http://www.celebitchy.com/372869/ga...aldwin_mel_gibson_weve_all_said_those_things/

j458fpeuNjw9b.png

gross.

RedSwirl

If we wanna talk about formative anime, then Ronin Warriors tho.

The whole pre-Jet Li/Ang Lee/Matrix wirefest is my favorite era of martial arts films. It's much more exciting to watch, and I love the obvious piped in sounds from them hitting each other. Later martial arts fights got too 'anime' for my taste.

If you get a chance, Wu Tang Clan put out a BUNCH of old movies renamed that were some of their favorite old martial arts flicks. It's called the Wu Tang Collection. I also highly recommend Master of the Flying Guillotine vs One Armed Boxer. Has a dude who throws a hat that cuts peoples heads off but not in the Kung Lao way. In the SAW way. And a guy he fights only has one arm. Duel to the Death is pretty good too, but it DEFINITELY does the anime-y thing. Jumping off each others swords, for example.

The second(?) Drunken Master with Jackie Chan is really good. There's this huge dude who was Jackie's bodyguard and he just kicks Jackie in such a way that I have trouble watching it. And I can watch some incredibly gory stuff by contrast.

See the closest thing to this I ever got to go back and experience was the 1960's-70's era of samurai film. Didn't One Arm dude fight Zatoichi in one movie or something?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Zendaya will be fine. Yea, they could have found someone the one shade darker than she (cause Aaliyah wasn't to far off...) is. As long as she can sing and dance, I'll be happy.

edit: Oldman can kick rocks somewhere for that. meh.

People acting like that niggas/bitches be like meme was funny for reasons other than the obvious...

0YEU3Ko.png

That's none of my business, tho

Dabanton

Love the Kermit thread over in the OT knew it would fall flat over there. With lots of "I don't get it"

The thing is if people did it like the coli did, it would be fire.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Love the Kermit thread over in the OT knew it would fall flat over there. With lots of "I don't get it"
Half of the ones who say that actually completely understand the jokes; they're just trying to be difficult.

RP912

Banned
I've never seen Life.

am I fucking up

It's on crackle. Please look at it tonight :(

Probably one the best Eddie/The best Martin movies of all time. I hated how they made the movie look like a straight up comedy on the trailers but actually it was more of a drama.

Racism is merely a branch on the tree of insecurity, talking about racism without addressing insecurity will accomplish nothing.

Racism is merely a branch on the tree of disrespect, talking about racism without addressing disrespect will accomplish nothing.

Racism is merely a branch on the tree of being a big meanie, talking about racism without addressing being a big meanie will accomplish nothing.

Slayven

I love seanspeed's signature move 'of course you guys are right and the thing you're angry at deserves it but *apologetic/semi-unrelated/bullshit*'
That part always leaves me at a lost. I just can not comprehend.

Apparently all of you American grown mofos have said racial shit in anger before.

You all disgust me.

You live in Florida, you drink Florida water, eat Florida food, you have more fucked up American in you than anyone else int his thread.

You live in Florida, you drink Florida water, eat Florida food, you have more fucked up American in you than anyone else int his thread.

You taught me the phrase 'moon cricket'; and acted shocked because I never heard of it. Let that sink in for a second.

Ab-Soul. His new album "These Days" just dropped...and honestly its not that good

It's pretty meh; honestly I think it's his worst yet IMO.

Wasn't this suppose to be the Year of TDE

Jay Rock might impress

He won't :(

It's (was?) his wife and the mother of his child, whom he's been with since they were teens. That's not simping...

It is when she left your ass

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

The thing is if people did it like the coli did, it would be fire.

If they were to look in the coli thread, fuckery aside, I think they would get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom