• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got one, love it to death.

Cool, thx

Damn Evo3D that's like an Atari in phone years. Can that shit even run Android 4.4?

Man, I know it's old. It runs what I need it to run for the most part, but it bugs out on me quite often. It's like a phone version of a seizure.

4Jez5T6.jpg

I thought this was dope. Saw it on another forum. One of the first few posts was "They're going to have totaly different lives though". Sobering moment.

lol @ that guy and girl in the background. They look like they just saw David Blaine do some street magic.

Now my friends can stop arguing with me that Louie's kids on that show could never look like that mixed.

I have a couple of cousins that are red head and Irish looking as fuck. Their dad is Wesley Snipes black. No one believes it when they see them together. Their little brother looks exactly like their dad. You wouldn't know his mother is a pale Irish woman by looking at him.

Slayven

I have a couple of cousins that are red head and Irish looking as fuck. Their dad is Wesley Snipes black. No one believes it when they see them together. Their little brother looks exactly like their dad. You wouldn't know his mother is a pale Irish woman by looking at him.

Dy would try free the dude from the bonds of paternity.

RedSwirl

Never been to Florida. What's this contrast between regions about? Is it like the difference between Northern Virginia and the rest of Virginia?

gz5SLnJ.png

Just saying...as a South Florida representative.

Damn. Really highlights that the current political division in America is urban vs rural.

Kreed

Never been to Florida. What's this contrast between regions about? Is it like the difference between Northern Virginia and the rest of Virginia?

Damn. Really highlights that the current political division in America is urban vs rural.

All the blue spots are the places people both in and out of the state actually want to visit/live in Florida. Disney World, South Beach, etc... Because of this you get a huge mixture of individuals that aren't present in the rest of the state (latinos, hatians, retirees, "snow birds", etc..). Aka Obama voters. Whereas the rest of the state is "the south". As in everything they teach you to fear about the South as a black person, it's there. And unlike Atlanta/some parts of South Carolina/etc..., there are no huge black populations to balance that shit out.

So when GAF goes into "insert bugs bunny gif" mode from someone shooting a black kid or a white guy jumping off of a roof with his foot in a shark's mouth, we have to remind them that it's mostly the northern/central parts of Florida where this stuff happens and that the whole state isn't on that "we need guns to protect us from the black people" shit. So if you visit Florida, come to South Beach, visit Disney World/Universal Studios, take a trip to the keys. You'll be fine. Just don't step on the red parts/the lava.

andthebeatgoeson

All the blue spots are the places people both in and out of the state actually want to visit/live in Florida. Disney World, South Beach, etc... Because of this you get a huge mixture of individuals that aren't present in the rest of the state (latinos, hatians, retirees, "snow birds", etc..). Aka Obama voters. Whereas the rest of the state is "the south". As in everything they teach you to fear about the South as a black person, it's there. And unlike Atlanta/some parts of South Carolina/etc..., there are no huge black populations to balance that shit out.

So when GAF goes into "insert bugs bunny gif" mode from someone shooting a black kid or a white guy jumping off of a roof with his foot in a shark's mouth, we have to remind them that it's mostly the northern/central parts of Florida where this stuff happens and that the whole state isn't on that "we need guns to protect us from the black people" shit. So if you visit Florida, come to South Beach, visit Disney World/Universal Studios, take a trip to the keys. You'll be fine. Just don't step on the red parts/the lava.
Although, you will have some southern 'spies' embedded in those blue parts. Don't get it twisted; you might still get called nigger in palm beach.

RedSwirl

Sounds oddly like Virginia. When you live in the part that's near DC it's hard to believe it's technically a Southern state because you got people living here from like 100 different countries. People joke about NOVA seceding from the rest of the state because it apparently accounts for a huge chunk of its economic development but get's little back from Richmond which is part of the rest of the state which is basically "the South."

On that "black population to balance shit out" part, I read an article earlier today showing how the country has changed politically in the last century, and in a gif you see the north/south division of the country basically end as of 1968. My parents are from very Easternmost sliver of their home state that's predominantly black.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Celestials will be in a movie before Wonder Woman. That is sad.

It's damned depressingly sad. If GOTG does well, Marvel managed to make cosmic ridiculousness mainstream, and DC can't even get a script for one of the most Iconic Superheroes of all times. Like... a fucking talking raccoon and a tree are more viable than a female superhero.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
It's damned depressingly sad. If GOTG does well, Marvel managed to make cosmic ridiculousness mainstream, and DC can't even get a script for one of the most Iconic Superheroes of all times. Like... a fucking talking raccoon and a tree are more viable than a female superhero.

DC took the L long ago. This is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom