• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Not anywhere near as many as consoles do.

AAA development as it stands is an unsustainable business practice, as evidenced by the notable contraction in AAA games in this new generation.

I keep thinking: what if more PC AAA games took the Blizzard/LoL model of putting a lot of money into a super-accessible PC game that can run on any laptop built in the last five years?

FyreWulff

You will always sell less potential copies with the same userbase on PC than on console. Just from piracy alone (despite the many attempts by people to downplay piracy)

I also don't like the fact that it's getting harder to sell a game on PC unless it's on Steam. So stupid that it'd work fine either way, but people won't buy it unless they can buy it through a client that makes up a subsection of the actual PC install base. It's like if the PS4 had the Sony store and uPlay/Origin and people only wanted to buy games via uPlay/Origin, even though they're the same price and run the same way.. just tired of people going on about wanting competition yet wanting a single retailer to have an increasing monopoly.

FreeMufasa

u6GnRAB.png

wingedkraby

Neo Member
Damn EloquentM, glad to see you OK.

I got in an accident last Friday with a truck in my little old 626, ruined my hood, thankfully everyone was OK and Deborah (the car) is fine minus the hood.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wow. That looks like it could have ended really poorly for you. Good that you're still alive. That's some scary shit.

What happened?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I got brake checked as I was trying to drive around someone. I was leaving the carpool lane to get around them and they cut me off so I slowed. I decided to go back into the carpool lane to go around again and as I was they slammed on their brakes. I slammed on mine, swerved into the divider flew in the air and flipped two or three times. Landed back on my tires. My friend who carpools with me grabbed the wheel cause I was shook and steered to the shoulder. We were the only ones who crashed. Car who brake checked me sped off. Those lowlife fuckers didn't even fucking get off and turn around to see if we were okay and that's what pisses me off the most. Sick fuckers would just leave us to die. It is truly a miracle we didn't whether you're religious or not I probably should have died today.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I should've drank more I'm getting sore again. Hope I don't need any serious medical attention. EMTS we're pushing a hospital ride on me and I asked them if they were gonna pay my bills. I understand it's serious and if it's too much I'll go in on my own terms.

All the blue spots are the places people both in and out of the state actually want to visit/live in Florida. Disney World, South Beach, etc... Because of this you get a huge mixture of individuals that aren't present in the rest of the state (latinos, hatians, retirees, "snow birds", etc..). Aka Obama voters. Whereas the rest of the state is "the south". As in everything they teach you to fear about the South as a black person, it's there. And unlike Atlanta/some parts of South Carolina/etc..., there are no huge black populations to balance that shit out.

So when GAF goes into "insert bugs bunny gif" mode from someone shooting a black kid or a white guy jumping off of a roof with his foot in a shark's mouth, we have to remind them that it's mostly the northern/central parts of Florida where this stuff happens and that the whole state isn't on that "we need guns to protect us from the black people" shit. So if you visit Florida, come to South Beach, visit Disney World/Universal Studios, take a trip to the keys. You'll be fine. Just don't step on the red parts/the lava.

I lived in Atlanta for 5+ years and Florida for 6+ years. I feel like Florida balances it out better because once you leave the Atlanta metro area you are surrounded in a sea of RED (or white depending on the discussion).

Brehs, they got milk back in glass bottles now, straight out of the 50s. Not going to lie it might be a placebo effect or something but it taste way fresher.

Well I mean absurd like my jolly ranchers in fro post. Not absurd in the sense of willful ignorance and misdirection.

lmao, I just saw that post

I usually try to post absurd shit when I think the thread has already reached its peak early. Of course I can never match macusers Da Gawd, though.

I personally think that Cyan is the best at satire. Despite the whole mod-thing, he can be extremely subtle. macusers is pretty good too, though. It's just that I rarely see a serious post from him, so it's pretty easy to catch by virtue of that alone.

On a totally different topic, the radio station I listen to is talking about whether or not men have platonic female friends. As the conversation is wont to go, the guys argue that men don't, and the woman (I dunno what happened to the other woman) can't believe that idea.

You know, the usual.

Seems dudes love to project that they can't and no other men can. Honestly their loss but they really want to ensure that this mentality pervades. So fuck them.

Seems dudes love to project that they can't and no other men can. Honestly their loss but they really want to ensure that this mentality pervades. So fuck them.

It came up as a result of another topic - basically where women could set up profiles for the male friends that they liked, but not in a romantic way. The guys couldn't understand why you wouldn't be dating someone if you thought that they were a great person. They then proposed that guys have female friends as part of a roster of sorts.

Eh.

I still love the show tho

It came up as a result of another topic - basically where women could set up profiles for the male friends that they liked, but not in a romantic way. The guys couldn't understand why you wouldn't be dating someone if you thought that they were a great person. They then proposed that guys have female friends as part of a roster of sorts.

Eh.

Not attracted to them, compatibility, a host of other issues that you are acutely aware of because you're a friend.

Fuckers sound dumb as rocks.

FreeMufasa

I AM FUCKING VEX...

I was on the train to a gym in Tokyo like usual, sitting close to the door. I look up at 3 Americans get on with a youngish Japanese woman. The three guys look about 40-50 6ft2 and look like hells angels members. I have my headphones in but turn off the music to overhear them while I text. They seem lost. This is what they say.

"Hmmmm, what should we do?"
"Ask the black guy"
"No"
"Why are black niggers even here?"

Soon as I heard it I thought no way. Must have misheard heard em.

"Fucking nigger, what's he doing on his phone?"
"Looks like he's messaging"
"When we get off the train, one of us should punch him"

Japanese girl "please no trouble, he looks strong"

One of the guys "don't worry,he's short. I'll hit the black nigger. Besides he can't hear us" (I'm 181cm). These are real quotes, not exaggerated

At this point I take my headphones out and stand up. Not gonna these racist fucks sneak me. After that point they don't say a single thing about me and just talk among themselves. We all get ready to get off at the same stop so I move behind them in case they try some shit. Got off and it was done.

In the gym changing room now and I'm just sitting here vex. The last time something lol this happened to me was 2011 in London but I got back at them. Just tryna calm down now....

FyreWulff

I personally think that Cyan is the best at satire. Despite the whole mod-thing, he can be extremely subtle. macusers is pretty good too, though. It's just that I rarely see a serious post from him, so it's pretty easy to catch by virtue of that alone.

On a totally different topic, the radio station I listen to is talking about whether or not men have platonic female friends. As the conversation is wont to go, the guys argue that men don't, and the woman (I dunno what happened to the other woman) can't believe that idea.

You know, the usual.

It's certainly possible.

Although I ran into a woman that told me she wanted a platonic relationship with me .. and wanted me to cuddle with her and kiss her and rub her back and butt, just not kiss her on the mouth.

I told her she had no idea what the word platonic meant.

It's certainly possible.

Although I ran into a woman that told me she wanted a platonic relationship with me .. and wanted me to cuddle with her and kiss her and rub her back and butt, just not kiss her on the mouth.

I told her she had no idea what the word platonic meant.

I've known people who end up in relationships with women that stretch the definition of the word platonic. Like, more-or-less what you said in your post, just not laid out like that in certain terms.

Most of the time it's just sleeping in the same bed and cuddling. In spite of actual relationships they have in some cases.

But that's none of my business.

FyreWulff

I've known people who end up in relationships with women that stretch the definition of the word platonic. Like, more-or-less what you said in your post, just not laid out like that in certain terms.

Most of the time it's just sleeping in the same bed and cuddling. In spite of actual relationships they have in some cases.

But that's none of my business.

Yeah, I consider those cuddlebuddy relationships. Which I've been up for trying. But the other person didn't want to give me backrubs or anything back, it was super one-sided, so I said fuck that and cut her off completely.

It did heat up my fwb to see me touching another woman tho

like for me, platonic doesn't go past friendly shoulder/back rubs. Hands-on-skin butt rubs do not fit into that category for me, that's somewhere in the cuddlebuddy category. This woman literally had no idea what she wanted.

Which is proof to me that yes, it's perfectly possible to touch a woman all over her body but be completely bored while doing it because she's about as interactive as an FMV game. Just wanted the attention and no giving back.

tl;dr any type of relationship is possible, as long as both people know what's up

Kreed

Guys

I'm so sorry for the season 4 boondocks thread

Damn

Make the Black Jesus thread.

Yo, I really don't know how I'm living right now. Don't take shit for granted

Glad you're alright. It's too bad that jackass who slammed his breaks got away.

In the gym changing room now and I'm just sitting here vex. The last time something lol this happened to me was 2011 in London but I got back at them. Just tryna calm down now....

Would have done the same thing in your situation, particularly in Japan where there aren't a lot of black people in case shit went down/police got involved.

andthebeatgoeson

Eh.

It's usually that the guy doesn't want it. Not that it can't happen.

Eloquent: glad you are safe. I hope you have someone check on you, physically. If you feel well, you don't HAVE to go to the hospital but it would be good to have someone peek in on you.

I AM FUCKING VEX...

I was on the train to a gym in Tokyo like usual, sitting close to the door. I look up at 3 Americans get on with a youngish Japanese woman. The three guys look about 40-50 6ft2 and look like hells angels members. I have my headphones in but turn off the music to overhear them while I text. They seem lost. This is what they say.

"Hmmmm, what should we do?"
"Ask the black guy"
"No"
"Why are black niggers even here?"

Soon as I heard it I thought no way. Must have misheard heard em.

"Fucking nigger, what's he doing on his phone?"
"Looks like he's messaging"
"When we get off the train, one of us should punch him"

Japanese girl "please no trouble, he looks strong"

One of the guys "don't worry,he's short. I'll hit the black nigger. Besides he can't hear us" (I'm 181cm). These are real quotes, not exaggerated

At this point I take my headphones out and stand up. Not gonna these racist fucks sneak me. After that point they don't say a single thing about me and just talk among themselves. We all get ready to get off at the same stop so I move behind them in case they try some shit. Got off and it was done.

cacs gon cac, stay safe brother

Slayven

You will always sell less potential copies with the same userbase on PC than on console. Just from piracy alone (despite the many attempts by people to downplay piracy)

I also don't like the fact that it's getting harder to sell a game on PC unless it's on Steam. So stupid that it'd work fine either way, but people won't buy it unless they can buy it through a client that makes up a subsection of the actual PC install base. It's like if the PS4 had the Sony store and uPlay/Origin and people only wanted to buy games via uPlay/Origin, even though they're the same price and run the same way.. just tired of people going on about wanting competition yet wanting a single retailer to have an increasing monopoly.

It is so weird to see the cult of Steam. Folks that literally would not buy a game because it isn't on steam or get mad at a Dev for not putting it on there. I never had any problem with Origin or Uplay, but folks talk about them like they are ass cancer. Steam really needs a UI update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom