• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
tumblr_n5qidpn05s1shvogjo1_1280.jpg

lol

LOL

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Under the Skin is the first movie in a while that I haven't been able to rent on Amazon... :/ Not sure if I want to buy it without having seen it first. Is it any good? I missed it during it's short run at the theater.

In the next 24 hours I will have an announcement. In the next 12 I will have a statement. This is not a laughing matter or to be taking lightly in any way. This will affect my livelihood and everyone around me. Wish me luck family.
He's running for president

Cross post from Gaf-HOP but rap twitter is kinda blowing up right now because of this:
BXQUIF8.png
I cant believe they left out childish gambino and action bronson

After 9 years I walked away. I'm tired and sick of it all.

True Rio unlocked. Limiter is off. Filter has been destroyed. Too fucked up at the moment to finish my comment.

Trey

Wait, he got banned for the long dick post in that relationship thread? It was cold but accurate - I've seen much worse said.

Kreed

Da fuck.

You have a grand total of 1 post in this thread, and you use it to cast some shade.

How did he hurt you?

Why is it that every time FreeMufasa gets banned, someone who never posts in this thread (in this case two posters) comes in here to tell us about it?

Slayven

Why is it that every time FreeMufasa gets banned, someone who never posts in this thread (in this case two posters) comes in here to tell us about it?

League of passive aggressive lurkers. They just sit there lurking, being mad we are enjoying being black and laughing at people with less than 5 inch penises.

With all of the "why are there still white / hetereonormative / cishet males in gaming" threads going around lately, I really hate the "write what you know" argument that comes up so much. I mean, it's statistically grounded, but "you play as a white human male because, get this, game developers are usually in the US and Europe, whose work forces are mostly made up of white males, it's not that hard to understand" feels really toxic to the discussion for me. I just liked to think devs were a little more intuitive than that - I mean hell, one of the most popular games in modern history was made by white guys and you don't play as a white guy - you play as cartoony color-coded birds that slingshot themselves into brick and mortar. It's not like there aren't ways to handle diversifying the usual white militaristic looks, either. I feel like the Portland-esque Master Chief and kinda-sorta Irish Samus (at least before all of the Zero Suit stuff) were better takes on the usual trope.

It's not gaming, but from what I've seen of Attack on Titan and the State Alchemists in Fullmetal Alchemist, even those have some pretty substantial diversity among primarily-white, mostly buzzcut military-esque characters that for the most part have to stick to a single uniform. Usually "character design" in modern blockbuster games just involves slapping more armor, bandoliers or knives on a character's suit.

Slayven

On a tangent of that topic, I don't know if you had anything to do with it. But Esco there was a damn good article in Game Informer about Far Cry 4. They break down the villain and give his backstory and part of his motivation, hint none of the shit that bloggers and gaf threads have speculated about is true. Got me hype for the game

That and the team recognized and apologized for the mighty whitey story of Far Cry 3.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
On a tangent of that topic, I don't know if you had anything to do with it. But Esco there was a damn good article in Game Informer about Far Cry 4. They break down the villain and give his backstory and part of his motivation, hint none of the shit that bloggers and gaf threads have speculated about is true. Got me hype for the game

That and the team recognized and apologized for the mighty whitey story of Far Cry 3.

I got mad respect for Alex H (creative director on Far Cry 4). Spoke to him on a level recently and the dude gets it. I like what i am seeing from that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom