• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
I wonder which team in Platinum is doing Korra.

Kamiya has Scalebound, Hashimoto has Bayo 2/1. That leaves Saito (Revengeance) and Yamanaka (Anarchy Reigns.) ...

1364982105676.gif

Infinite

Wow Platinum is making a Legendof Korra character action game? That's sick.

Hell developers from everywhere need to start doing it. Gamers that happen to write suck ass.
Honestly. But isn't it strange that these devs brag about researching historical locales to create an authentic experience but I can't expect them to be able to make a human being from cultures other than their own?

Enzom21

People really like Mel Gibson or just really dislike...well nvm.

I am guessing it's the latter.

I always find it strange how people defend racist speech. It makes me think that they are only defending it because they use the same language and if the person they are defending is a racist then that makes them a racist too.

So we found out my cousin had great disease

Y'all need to get y'all ass checked by a doctor

"So, Doc. How far along is my greatness?"

"Stage 4. I'm going to reach out to Dr. Antonio Latigre. He's the most knowledgeable doctor I know of when it comes to greatness."

Sorry, I had to do it. What did he really have?

Order

I am guessing it's the latter.

I always find it strange how people defend racist speech. It makes me think that they are only defending it because they use the same language as well and if the person they are defending is a racist then that makes them a racist too.
That would explain all the "everyone's said racist things before"

BHZ Mayor

"So, Doc. How far along is my greatness?"

"Stage 4. I'm going to reach out to Dr. Antonio Latigre. He's the most knowledgeable doctor I know of when it comes to greatness."

Sorry, I had to do it. What did he really have?
I'm guessing heart disease but his autocorrect somehow mangled it into great.

Honestly. But isn't it strange that these devs brag about researching historical locales to create an authentic experience but I can't expect them to be able to make a human being from cultures other than their own?

Yea, that's why when people present the argument of 'herp derp can only write what you know!' I just roll my eyes and assume that person is remedial. You have the fucking internet at your finger tips, 'what you know' can be expanded so damn much in so little time. You don't need a PhD in <insert minority group here> culture to write a decent character of another minority group. If a publiser is willing to spend hundreds of thousands to let a bunch of chodes travel to some remote part of the world to take fucking sediment samples, pictures of rocks and 3D scan fucking wood chips and larva to make their game that much more authentic, then they can drop a few thousand and hire better writers among other things.

The excuses just sound like a pile of shit streaming out of people's mouths and I just roll my eyes.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So, I know everyone in here has different work backgrounds. I also can't recall if anyone asked here asked about editing either. I haven't used it to edit yet (just to colorgrade), but Davinci Resolve 11 public beta dropped, and it's free. So...if you can't afford Adobe products, try that out.

x Misogi

What sites do you guys visit when bored at work?

I'm in a job right now that I don't really enjoy, so I talked to my mom about it and she looked at me with the ngapls face...told me if I'm getting bored at work I should just bring a book and keep getting dem checks. What do?

The most vocal calls for diversity in the industry right now are focused almost exclusively on addressing the gender imbalance. It has very little to do with racial diversity.
Den minorities don't want to spend money on games! Not like they'll spend half a console worth of money on shoes once a year. The industry is doing them a favor by not trying to reach them so they can keep the little money they have. They are saints and deserve to be given their own island

Silky

Banned

I'm in a job right now that I don't really enjoy, so I talked to my mom about it and she looked at me with the ngapls face...told me if I'm getting bored at work I should just bring a book and keep getting dem checks. What do?

You're already on GAF.

But seriously. I usually have Twitter or moar to kill time with

About the writing thing. I hate my own writing because I think I never write outside of my own self. So I started to only write about women characters, and reading things only about women. Then I ran into another problem that I don't think the meat filled skin bags matter to the plot, as I wrote a movie with no character names, genders or dialogue. But I know to never stop writing as the last time I did, I stopped for years

Infinite

Tumblr, Twitter, Neogaf

RP912

Banned

Besides gaf I usually hit up pcmasterrace reddit for the lolz.

Twitter, instagram, reddit, coli, tumblr. Can you listen to podcasts/video podcasts?

I spend majority of my time on Panda

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Nigeria qualified. So hyped right now!

Yeah, there are a couple of guys here in the office that are on Cloud 9 right now. Contrasting, I'm going to hold a pity party for my neighbors tonight over Iran's performance.

IrishNinja

CAC lurker-GAF checking in

If you can't write about anyone who doesn't look like you, then you are a shitty writer.

PREACH

I'm looking forward to that suda 51 game. I love his work. Games be total mindfucks.

+1, i need to stop sleeping on Killer is Dead too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKHPDr14A74 NY State of Mind at the Chappelle Show cell phone footage but the audio is decent

dammmn - thanks for this!

so the girl im dating is a little chub and I tell her she should create a fitness plan that includes weight training

she blows it off

i'm ready to legit bail--there's nothing more ignorant to me than people understating fitness, and ignorance towards weight training from either gender drives me straight bonkers

im trying to figure out how I should tell her to get a clue without sounding salty

Trey

Dark Faze: I personally like a little chub. And a person is only going to work out if they want it, not if other people want it for them. It's 100 percent on them. You have to decide whether you're going to take it or leave it.

gonna watch Book Earth finale and play some Revengeance to celebrate this glorious day.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Every time the subject of diversity in games comes up, people gotta come up with more and more means to justify why it's somehow so damn difficult.

I don't get how it's so hard to have an Asian that doesn't know martial arts, or a Native American who isn't walking around with a headdress, or black people without afros or living the "thug" life, or women who have personality along with their looks.

I would like to see devs pull out more characters like Raven from Tekken. Completely different from stereotypes altogether and you don't need a nonwhite friend to do it. Hell, look at a movie...

IrishNinja

so the girl im dating is a little chub and I tell her she should create a fitness plan that includes weight training

she blows it off

i'm ready to legit bail--there's nothing more ignorant to me than people understating fitness, and ignorance towards weight training from either gender drives me straight bonkers

im trying to figure out how I should tell her to get a clue without sounding salty

from dancing the line between thickness & jiggly with past relationships: frame it as concern for their health, cause you want them around for a while etc. when women put their noses up at basic strength training, tell them it's for toning - they're doing higher reps/low weight anyway, and they damn well know they ain't traynna look like that chick they work with that got those chicken arms

the most annoying shit is when you date straight non-athletes that think lifting a few things will make them look like east european olympic women in the 80's/all swole...like yeah woman, that's how it works - i've been at this for years, just doing it wrong, clearly

akira28

We need someone to dish out a Latino disco dancer. Just do it, ya know?

Cuban dancer stereotype is offensive. How about a boring asian dude who sucks at sports, likes video games, is not a math genius, thinks he can fight but can't, and then have him fend off an alien invasion?

just bail breh. if it's not her thing, it's not her thing. don't try to change her, but you could try to help her. Biking and light weights and cardio and do it with her, etc, it could become something she enjoys. And then maybe break it off anyway, because it doesn't sound like you two are headed for a lifetime together.

Do Better

she blows it off

she blew off the fitness plan or just the weight training?

maybe start with something active that she's interested in doing?

Infinite

she blows it off

I think you're being unfair. Just bail.

akira28

I like em thick girls, latinas, sistas, they do it best. Get her into working out and then set her free breh, let me know what street corner to wait on.

Green eyes: activated.

Dark Faze: I personally like a little chub. And a person is only going to work out if they want it, not if other people want it for them. It's 100 percent on them. You have to decide whether you're going to take it or leave it.

she's chubbier than I'd like and I'm a curves guy

she's probably not a girl I see as long term but opinions like this aren't helping her to keep me around.

look I'm not one to beat a girl over the head become an athlete over night, but if we can't even begin to work together to be healthier then how am I going to maintain a long term relationship with you?

from dancing the line between thickness & jiggly with past relationships: frame it as concern for their health, cause you want them around for a while etc. when women put their noses up at basic strength training, tell them it's for toning - they're doing higher reps/low weight anyway, and they damn well know they ain't traynna look like that chick they work with that got those chicken arms

the most annoying shit is when you date straight non-athletes that think lifting a few things will make them look like east european olympic women in the 80's/all swole...like yeah woman, that's how it works - i've been at this for years, just doing it wrong, clearly

spot on post...for me its like dude...worrying about looking like an amazonian is probably the last thing you need to be worrying about with what you're working with...and that's a callous thought to be sure but god damn ignorance towards weight training is one of the most unattractive things on the planet for me

I don't mind if you try and fail numerous times but when you dismiss it thats when I get red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom