• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

she's chubbier than I'd like and I'm a curves guy

she's probably not a girl I see as long term but opinions like this aren't helping her to keep me around.

look I'm not one to beat a girl over the head become an athlete over night, but if we can't even begin to work together to be healthier then how am I going to maintain a long term relationship with you?

To b honest becoming healthier is a process. You can't go to someone you care about and be like "here's our gym regimine. I expect you to follow it or else I'm out." That's a little unfair on your end. You have to work with to make that transition easy for her. You can't expect her to change just like that for you.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Cuban dancer stereotype is offensive. How about a boring asian dude who sucks at sports, likes video games, is not a math genius, thinks he can fight but can't, and then have him fend off an alien invasion?

Oh God, I was trying to avoid that. I thought disco would be pretty different. Now I feel terrible.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
so the girl im dating is a little chub and I tell her she should create a fitness plan that includes weight training

she blows it off

i'm ready to legit bail--there's nothing more ignorant to me than people understating fitness, and ignorance towards weight training from either gender drives me straight bonkers

im trying to figure out how I should tell her to get a clue without sounding salty

Just bail.

edit: Did LoK get better in the first season? 6 episodes and I couldn't stomach anymore hot garbage.

Trey

she's probably not a girl I see as long term...but if we can't even begin to work together to be healthier then how am I going to maintain a long term relationship with you?

Seems to me you already have your answer. I find the best thing you can do is educate her on the topic. If she dismisses it, that's her prerogative. You can only hope it means she's comfortable with her body as is. But at the end of the day, any change is best initiated through her own agency.

You obviously like her outside of whatever she looks like, or else you wouldn't bother at all. You should probably focus on that; things will work themselves out. You've said your piece, so it's in her mind. What she does is all up to her.

Just bail.

edit: Did LoK get better in the first season? 6 episodes and I couldn't stomach anymore hot garbage.

1-3 are great, treads water till episode 7 where it gets pretty good up to the finale where it falls flat on its face.

I like it overall, but it definitely had its problems.

Just bail.

It got progressively worse, and fell off a cliff at the final 2 episodes. You can blame Nick for that, mostly. The writers didn't know there was gonna be a Book 2 and beyond until Book 1 was finalized.

Infinite

Just bail.

You mean Legend of Korra? Well, no. It gets worse imo but I couldn't help but stick around. The story of the first avatar was dope even though the retconned a few things

Gorillaz

Dark Faze: I personally like a little chub. And a person is only going to work out if they want it, not if other people want it for them. It's 100 percent on them. You have to decide whether you're going to take it or leave it.

gonna watch Book Earth finale and play some Revengeance to celebrate this glorious day.
Best season out of the series

I could bore the world with all the bullshit and inane actions that led to the demise of a 9 year relationship but that would be appalling and abhor the masses. Long story short, Im single again by choice. I walked away from a home, my pets, my geese and memories both good and bad. Unfortunately due to the fact that I dont negotiate with terrorist, my 60 inch, ps3 and various other electronics are being held hostage. My phone has been shut off bright and early this morning. I look at it as an opening salvo to the "dark times" that are about to come. I will not speak ill of her but rather break it down like this, she knows and I know. To put it bluntly, imagine if you will the titanic sinking and you being the jackass who thinks damn if I keep bailing water I can keep this fucker afloat. Now insert the fact that the iceberg has the ability to cast spells of the highest magnitude. All of that accompanied by a meteor shower. You can get the picture.
I awoke to my right eye swollen by an unknown assailant. This is what I get for sleeping on a pillow at [REDACTED]. The pain was manageable, but it was the first night that I could enjoy a semi restful sleep. I knew that being down in the dumps wouldnt get me anywhere, so i did what I did best, slapped on that award winningly fake facade of feigned confidence and began the start of a journey that in all honesty I have no clue how it will end. I knew I had a mission, but it was nonetheless a daunting task that I had doubts I could handle. Those doubts lasted 3 seconds. Anger set in. And like a wave it came out of no where. Its what I needed to complete the task at hand.
I lied. I knew where it came from. The thoughts that [REDACTED] was doing this is what got to me. My first stop was to my mother to borrow money. After hearing her loving advice and telling me that I reap what I sow I obtained the money for the barest essentials. I walked out with nothing but clothes. Had no toiletries but I had to keep my job. After having a rousing conversation with the cashier (who helped me devise the title) we picked and chose the materials I needed for success. 38.55 and not enough to get mouthwash, I got my shaving kit and toothbrush and deodorant and soap. I cleaned a little at [REDACTED] put on my uniform and went to work. The moral of this Day is crying and bitching over the past can wait. Right now I gotta do me. The things I lost are fine, just materials. But the peace of mind I have acquired will last forever. Needless to say to be continued.

akira28

Oh God, I was trying to avoid that. I thought disco would be pretty different. Now I feel terrible.

I'm kidding of course, but disco is never different enough. The rhythm is going to get you. Musical dancy latino trope is a known one, but not beaten like a dead horse exactly.

Maybe a latin fighter/magical realist, sort of like a street punk hunter s thompson who fucks with that santeria stuff and old school superstitions?

Gorillaz

Stay strong Rio.

Living advice wise, check if there is a extended stay america/intown home and suites. When I first moved out here, they worked with me on a week by week stay.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Hang in there Rio. :(

I'm kidding of course, but disco is never different enough. The rhythm is going to get you. Musical dancy latino trope is a known one, but not beaten like a dead horse exactly.

Maybe a latin fighter/magical realist, sort of like a street punk hunter s thompson who fucks with that santeria stuff and old school superstitions?

Yeah since you pointed it out I can see where it would be problematic. Kinda like the black gangster being in the mafia instead. It's different but not enough to eliminate the stereotype.

That's a pretty neat idea lol

I could bore the world with all the bullshit and inane actions that led to the demise of a 9 year relationship but that would be appalling and abhor the masses. Long story short, Im single again by choice. I walked away from a home, my pets, my geese and memories both good and bad. Unfortunately due to the fact that I dont negotiate with terrorist, my 60 inch, ps3 and various other electronics are being held hostage. My phone has been shut off bright and early this morning. I look at it as an opening salvo to the "dark times" that are about to come. I will not speak ill of her but rather break it down like this, she knows and I know. To put it bluntly, imagine if you will the titanic sinking and you being the jackass who thinks damn if I keep bailing water I can keep this fucker afloat. Now insert the fact that the iceberg has the ability to cast spells of the highest magnitude. All of that accompanied by a meteor shower. You can get the picture.
I awoke to my right eye swollen by an unknown assailant. This is what I get for sleeping on a pillow at [REDACTED]. The pain was manageable, but it was the first night that I could enjoy a semi restful sleep. I knew that being down in the dumps wouldnt get me anywhere, so i did what I did best, slapped on that award winningly fake facade of feigned confidence and began the start of a journey that in all honesty I have no clue how it will end. I knew I had a mission, but it was nonetheless a daunting task that I had doubts I could handle. Those doubts lasted 3 seconds. Anger set in. And like a wave it came out of no where. Its what I needed to complete the task at hand.
I lied. I knew where it came from. The thoughts that [REDACTED] was doing this is what got to me. My first stop was to my mother to borrow money. After hearing her loving advice and telling me that I reap what I sow I obtained the money for the barest essentials. I walked out with nothing but clothes. Had no toiletries but I had to keep my job. After having a rousing conversation with the cashier (who helped me devise the title) we picked and chose the materials I needed for success. 38.55 and not enough to get mouthwash, I got my shaving kit and toothbrush and deodorant and soap. I cleaned a little at [REDACTED] put on my uniform and went to work. The moral of this Day is crying and bitching over the past can wait. Right now I gotta do me. The things I lost are fine, just materials. But the peace of mind I have acquired will last forever. Needless to say to be continued.

Man, I feel you. I have so been there a time or two in my life. I think you have a good mindset and plan and if you ever feel like you don't know what to do just remember Don Draper, “This never happened. It will shock you how much it never happened.” Keep your head up and stay on the grind and it will work out.

RedSwirl

Edit: Maaaaan Rio.

Yea, that's why when people present the argument of 'herp derp can only write what you know!' I just roll my eyes and assume that person is remedial. You have the fucking internet at your finger tips, 'what you know' can be expanded so damn much in so little time. You don't need a PhD in <insert minority group here> culture to write a decent character of another minority group. If a publiser is willing to spend hundreds of thousands to let a bunch of chodes travel to some remote part of the world to take fucking sediment samples, pictures of rocks and 3D scan fucking wood chips and larva to make their game that much more authentic, then they can drop a few thousand and hire better writers among other things.

The excuses just sound like a pile of shit streaming out of people's mouths and I just roll my eyes.

Who else but Ubisoft even does all that research on game settings though?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
You'll be alright Rio. I'd buy you a beer, but I don't know where to throw it, so just have one on me, if you get my meaning.

Lebron that you?

Convince me to finish Korra y'all.

I watched the premiere and a few random episodes but I found the characters annoying at best. It is like they put in more silly shit just to fuel the fandom.
Drop it, it's not that good.

But seriously make sure the watch the season 2 special with Wan, the first avatar, completely separate from the average Korra story, with much better writing and art.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lebron that you?

I watched the premiere and a few random episodes but I found the characters annoying at best. It is like they put in more silly shit just to fuel the fandom.

That's pretty much it.

The first season is okay til the end's... failure to live up to expectations.

The second season is pretty garbage. I forced myself through it. It has its few bright spots but it basically sucked.

Slayven

That's pretty much it.

The first season is okay til the end's... failure to live up to expectations.

The second season is pretty garbage. I forced myself through it. It has its few bright spots but it basically sucked.

that bending sport is tight though, I would watch that on some eyeshield 21 shit all day.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

If you don't like it, don't bother.

I would watch the "Beginnings" two-parter from season 2 if you care about the Avatar concept from TLA, though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Brought Fuse with Silky's xbox credit. It's rough but it had a lot of good ideas and the guns are fun

I wanted to give that a try but I know I don't have any Co-op homies and the community is likely dead already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom