• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
has there ever been a significant fantasy story with an all black cast? There's some potential there to get away from the typical tolkien tropes.

I can't think of any. I'm sure there are nonmainstream writers who are cranking them out, I'll do research.

In the meantime, Octavia Butler's work features people of color. Steven Barnes' has written books with black main characters (Street Lethal and the followup books are good). But they are sci-fi writers.

The Palace Job is a book that is fantasy crossed with Ocean's 11 written by Patrick Weekes with a PoC main character. And racism is actually a factor in the book. But it does not have an all black cast.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
http://weknowmemes.com/2014/06/8-th...-like-at-the-bet-awards/#sthash.nN4PdfK9.gbpl

CsL1W.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBH_e519uY&feature=kp

movie sample in the start was the first thing that came to mind after reading OP's comment

"even my conditioning has been conditioned".....

breh...any blackstar fan is ok in my book.

OP played himself in that thread tho. it won't nearly be as good as it could have been. He should have doubled down on his stance.

On the surface it sounds to me like a brother who has purposely ignored or avoided black women...now he's going thru a mid life crisis if you will at 40 realizing he has no one to share his life with and is starting to question his own stance on dating preference. Rather than own up and say he I like white wimmenz and they don't like me he want's to go the conditioning route.

eeeehhh... Just saw the thread title.....OP is on some other shit. At 40 no less.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always look for an excuse to use this popcorn.gif because it's my favorite of them all
iEC4PJTnyJah5.gif

he has had some good stuff here and there

True.

Speaking of crazy ass rappers, anyone know what Missie eliot does nowadays? Or Ludacris?

Missy is hold up in her fortress somewhere in Virgina. Luda to busy blowing money on investments that will never take off conjure congac and sole headphones. He's also filming upteenth fast and furious movies

Village

I didn't know she lived that close, also because its missy eliot, I am imagining an actual fortress.

As far as luda goes,copy cat stuff and making explosion money

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Meh. He'll soon go on a crash diet and bulk up again by his next video.

The rumor is all this weight is because he got off the HgH...... that and he is at least in his mid 40's

Also a friend of mine produced a track for missy that after she paid him for put in her vault. On the low Missy has a vault full of tracks that I'm pretty sure she sells to other artist for them to record over.

andthebeatgoeson

he has had some good stuff here and there

True.

Speaking of crazy ass rappers, anyone know what Missie eliot does nowadays? Or Ludacris?

Ludacris is a judge on ABC's version of the the voice. I don't remember what they call it. I just sighed when I saw his face and kept flipping channels.

I was on the ground floor of that skin color thread, but got busy with work before I could reply. Shit done blown up and Seanspeed has turned into a wrestling villain.

The highlighted tweet, was that from the Moms against Gaming group? I'm looking at it thinking, is there some context behind it. I'm trying to find it, but I can't. Have you ever looked at something and you can't believe what you saw/read so your brain can't comprehend nor process the symbols and letters you see? That's how I feel. Like I could easily have a stronger feel against that tweet, but my brain won't let me get to that stage.

Jado

Banned
and there goes seanspeed! we're off to a fantastic start

Laid low for a few weeks, but he really can't help himself from denying racism any chance he gets (regardless of whether it's race or OP's poor social skills). I'm not gonna pester him, but really, what a clown.

Jado

Banned
Ludacris is a judge on ABC's version of the the voice. I don't remember what they call it. I just sighed when I saw his face and kept flipping channels.

I was on the ground floor of that skin color thread, but got busy with work before I could reply. Shit done blown up and Seanspeed has turned into a wrestling villain.

Could be a lot worse. A while ago, someone posted a thread about the Onion's new Buzzfeed imitation site, Clickhole. They had this piece:

9 Little-Known Holidays You’ll Never Want To Miss Again
7. National Ja Rule’s Career Memorial Day: Done in solemn remembrance of the rapper/singer’s career, Americans everywhere gather to pay respects to a once thriving, vibrant hip-hop career every December 2.

That same week, I'm walking through my neighborhood, and a tiny bookstore had this outside:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom