• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know your hair situation but usually you don't need to assault your hair follicles every day - most of the time that's doing more harm than good. Personally, I shampoo three times a week.

I'd say mines is a 3 too. Grows fast but waves up easily.

So I've heard, but I usually just go by the directions on the bottle. It's better business if your customers use your product daily, natch, but still. People keep telling me my hair is soft, anyways. >_>

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Solid 7 if I'm eating right and drinking plenty of water.

Does anyone else have reddish brown hair ? Its usually not obvious on me unless I grow my hair out.

More like an above average game with some interesting ideas that doesn't meet conservative sales expectations most likely insuring that it never gets a sequel.

Like Bayonetta. Aside from the above-average and sequel for the struggle platform.

Shot Destiny folks a PM.

Yep, all ready.

TimeWarner gave me a new modem, went from 108/11 mbps to 323/22

Still on that 105/20 struggle from Comcast. Oh well.
X1 is pretty nice, actually feels like a modern cable box instead of some VHS-level shit.

Hair is a 2, maybe 3. Water, food, etc, none of that shit matters. After 10 days, shit's going sideways.

Ahahaha nice try

ibyHfLBJQwrO1K.png

Seriously though, I wash my hair no less than 3 times a week

KumaJG

I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. Got bad dandruff problems. I use homemade shampoo since my hair had enough chemicals in it.

I only wash my hair once a week, can go a week and a half if I keep it short.

Have wavy hair, washing too frequently makes it poof and around the end of the week it can get oily. It's a tightrope walk.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i have to have to wash at least 2x a week or my head starts to itch crazy by the 3rd/4th day.

you need to get something strong enough to completely kill your dandruff and irritation issues before you change over to just general maintenance. my mom actually had me washing my hair with sulfur 8 (yeah, THE sulfur 8) til my head was clean and de-weeded lol

some really low cuts for about 2 months while oiling my scalp (plenty to choose from here, nothing thick though - don't get that wave shortcut gel bullshit either. use oils). the difference was huge just from that. being sure to brush it low, VERY sure not to over-wash my hair or use products that are meant for white women

never used a wave cap til recently (when i come out the field) but those few weeks just evening out all my issues and essentially starting from the ground up on my hair did me a lifetime of good.

DominoKid

you need to get something strong enough to completely kill your dandruff and irritation issues before you change over to just general maintenance. my mom actually had me washing my hair with sulfur 8 (yeah, THE sulfur 8) til my head was clean and de-weeded lol

some really low cuts for about 2 months while oiling my scalp (plenty to choose from here, nothing thick though - don't get that wave shortcut gel bullshit either. use oils). the difference was huge just from that. being sure to brush it low, VERY sure not to over-wash my hair or use products that are meant for white women

never used a wave cap til recently (when i come out the field) but those few weeks just evening out all my issues and essentially starting from the ground up on my hair did me a lifetime of good.

hmm i might have to try that. i'm getting a cut this weekend anyway.

Infinite

Dandruff can also be a result of eczema or scalp sorisis. So see a dermatologist. I also reccomend using Selsun Blue.

I personally suffer from eczema so I spray my hair and scalp with a water and aloe Vera juice mixture everyday and oil my scalp every other day.

I also recommend looking up your curl pattern so you can know how to maintain your own hair. I'm a 4c (kinky coily hair) so my hair pretty much dry constantly. So I don't wash it frequently as that strips all the moisture it needs from it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I use shampoo when I shower every day

No oils or any hair products

Guess my number

J10

Banned
Hey Slayven, have you read a lot of Moon Knight? Was thinking about getting into it. How far back should I start?

harSon

Banned
Damn, my uncle passed away :( Been battling stage 4 prostate cancer for the last year. It was expected, and we've been bracing for it, but it still hurts. The man was larger than life and the funniest dude in the family, and seeing someone so full of life whither away like that is beyond difficult.

RIP Uncle Eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom