• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Hey Slayven, have you read a lot of Moon Knight? Was thinking about getting into it. How far back should I start?
I haven't read the new seriesm but I read him in the 90s and he was always good to me. His connection to a god that might or might not be real was interesting.

Damn, my uncle passed away :( Been battling stage 4 prostate cancer for the last year. It was expected, and we've been bracing for it, but it still hurts. The man was larger than life and the funniest dude in the family, and seeing someone so full of life whither away like that is beyond difficult.

RIP Uncle Eddie.

Sorry to hear that man.

KumaJG

Damn, my uncle passed away :( Been battling stage 4 prostate cancer for the last year. It was expected, and we've been bracing for it, but it still hurts. The man was larger than life and the funniest dude in the family, and seeing someone so full of life whither away like that is beyond difficult.

RIP Uncle Eddie.

sorry to hear

Nakazato

RIP Uncle Eddie.
Damn harSon stay strong my condolences

RIP Uncle Eddie.

Condolences, harSon.

RedSwirl

Y'know it's been so long since my hair's been low enough for waves. When I did keep it low I had to cut it every two weeks so I guess it was a 1 or a 2. Now I just let it fro' out but trim it down every month. Trimmed down I get about two weeks of easy picking. After that, it feels like Moses couldn't even part this shit.

Condolences HarSon.

zero_suit

RIP Uncle Eddie.

Damn, sorry man.

And I was wrong as fuck. My hair is a goddamn 3 and some days it's a 6. I misread that shit. If I let it grow out I would have some stage looking shit on my head with different textures.

And I wash my shit everyday. Use to use the strong anti dandruff(sulfur 8 all the way) and once I got my shit on check I started using tea tree shampoo. Shit is too good.

10: one stroke of the brush = waves for days

1: haircut every 10 days or naps

RIP Uncle Eddie.

Sorry, man.

Hey Slayven, have you read a lot of Moon Knight? Was thinking about getting into it. How far back should I start?

Just pick up the Ellis run. Eliis is good at single runs that get to the core of a character.

ReiGun

I wash my shit once a week. Strong 6 to a weak 7 most days. I don't let it grow out too much though cause I'm too lazy to take care of it.

RIP Uncle Eddie.

My condolences, man.

RIP Uncle Eddie.

My condolences, man.

We're coming to cut off these dude's tres puntos tattoos.

RIP Uncle Eddie.

Sorry to hear that man.

Silky

Banned

RIP Uncle Eddie.

Shiiiit. Damn, man.

My hair is like a 2. I keep it kind of nappy looking on purpose though.

I have a few of you on my PS4 list from the Destiny Beta (DY, Moris), but I need more brehs. My PSN is ScareGoat

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

RIP Uncle Eddie.

my condolences har. seeing someone deteriorate is always painful

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Black men don't seem to last that long in America. I've lost my father and a few uncles already to natural causes, take care of yourself bra's.

Wut?

Mind blown indeed.

Jada's daughter
BiayETFCIAARRXV.jpg

Priya's daughter
LzLm28u.jpg

Apparently Priya got a son too

Looking up google image pics of salt-and-pepper hair on black men for a character reference. One of the pics is a suspect sketch. Didn't have this problem when I just put in "salt-and-pepper hair."

MYsgsWW.png

So, this'll probably be the last one I specifically show off to you guys, but I mainly want to make sure I'm not falling into any of the usual stereotypical black character design tropes. I just got done conceptualizing another:

iljSrM5Zmn3l0.png

The original idea was designing his power suit in the style of a Corvette Stingray with legs on steroids (hence all the grooves), but with a more French design influence. The result ended up being a little more "Doomguy and Sith Lord have a kid." Probably doesn't help that I was shooting for a red velvet-esque coloration. Anyways, the dude's name is DeMarcus "Little Red" Coriander and he's one of four "Four Heavenly Kings" sort of government figures, presiding over the "Blood" (or human) element, so I guess the armor isn't that far-fetched. He controls a fourth of the world's resources and armed forces, but normally operates from a government office hidden in a mountain doing paperwork and whatnot. Him showing up in full armor in the game's story would be a definite "oh shit" moment. He's more of a brawler (in contrast to the crossbows blood-elementals usually employ) in combat and has access to "dev commands" (think the Kido in Bleach) that give him a bunch of seismic powers including screwing with plate tectonics and magnetic fields, manipulation of magma, etc.

He's also one of the oldest humans in the world but still looks relatively young thanks to some improved life expectancies, so he usually serves a Yamamoto sort of role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom