• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
New Jhene isn't bad. She gets bonus points for the Eternal Sunshine references. I like Sailing Souls more though.

New Ariana is dope (not even surprised).

Banks is the shit.

I need Tinashe's new music to not have rappers on the tracks and I'm all set. Waiting on that shit.

Yea, I don't understand the end game there.

I won't dismiss this 'movement' as a sensitive over reaction, but it's definitely a misplacement of concern. Don't cry about the stereotyping cause that isn't how you change the perception of being an entitled, misogynistic, sheltered, no-nothing neckbeard. You change it by allowing an open and honest conversation on these topics, you tell people to shut the fuck up who are misogynistic, homophobic, racist etc.

This is just a tantrum that isn't even directed at the enemy, but I guess it's hard to aim your criticisms at those who also self identify as gamers cause then you're acknowledging the real problem and that makes them uncomfortable.

That's the shit that kills me. All I see is, "but why can't we just play games in peace?" "Why do we have to keep talking about this?" Don't even want to discuss the lack of minorities, women, or LGBTQIA in anything related to it as a whole.

Like, the fuck do you really want in life?

That's the shit that kills me. All I see is, "but why can't we just play games in peace?" "Why do we have to keep talking about this?" Don't even want to discuss the lack of minorities, women, or LGBTQIA in anything related to it as a whole.

I wouldn't even be upset at joe schmoe who 'just wants to game', if you're not a shithead fine. I'd prefer you tell folks to fuck off if they're shitty people like in any other situation, don't feel obligated to jump into these conversations but if you're contributing to the shitty aspects of gaming in general then you've lost the right to complain about 'just wanting to game'.

Furthermore, trying to silence these conversations, change the discourse to the plight of the gamer and/or arguing against positive change makes you an asshole. Period.

New Jhene isn't bad. She gets bonus points for the Eternal Sunshine references. I like Sailing Souls more though.

New Ariana is dope (not even surprised).

Banks is the shit.

I need Tinashe's new music to not have rappers on the tracks and I'm all set. Waiting on that shit.

Why don't you like 2On, oldschool?

Trey

2On would be better without Q on it. Every Jhene song except To Get Closer would be better if it was just her.

Most of the time they get these C or D tier rappers to come on the track, overpower the vibe with their little raps, and kill most of the mood in the process.

If the song isn't made with a specific male artist or talent in mind, it just doesn't work. That's why Jay and Bey duets are generally okay but not Jhene and whoever the fuck vomiting on the track.

It's literally telling the industry to stop painting gamers as bigots.

The industry doesn't even have to paint; that vocal group of gamers is jumping in a vat of paint and drinking it down.

On the Destiny note, I'm breakfacex on US PSN, tenalp30 on JP PSN (not sure which I'll be on yet)

Also need a PM with the irc, please

Oldschoolgamer

Why don't you like 2On, oldschool?

When it comes to R&B/Soul/Pop, I feel like I can get away with generalizing that the majority of the "duets" are only ever in the singers favor, due to the rapper bringing jack shit to the track. 2On doesn't really require much from a rapper, in terms of verse, but Schoolboy didn't add shit to the song. It was just there. I feel that way 95% of the time whenever a rapper throws a verse on. It's not even B & C rappers. I felt like The Moon and the Sky was just fine without Jigga's verse.

One of the biggest offenders had to have been Asap Rocky on Wildest Moments. Oddly enough, Asap Ferg's verse on the HAIM song wasn't bad and felt like it fit.

2On would be better without Q on it. Every Jhene song except To Get Closer would be better if it was just her.

Most of the time they get these C or D tier rappers to come on the track, overpower the vibe with their little raps, and kill most of the mood in the process.

If the song isn't made with a specific male artist or talent in mind, it just doesn't work. That's why Jay and Bey duets are generally okay but not Jhene and whoever the fuck vomiting on the track.

When it comes to R&B/Soul/Pop, I feel like I can get away with generalizing that the majority of the "duets" are only ever in the singers favor, due to the rapper bringing jack shit to the track. 2On doesn't really require much from a rapper, in terms of verse, but Schoolboy didn't add shit to the song. It was just there. I feel that way 95% of the time whenever a rapper throws a verse on. It's not even B & C rappers. I felt like The Moon and the Sky was just fine without Jigga's verse.

One of the biggest offenders had to have been Asap Rocky on Wildest Moments. Oddly enough, Asap Ferg's verse on the HAIM song wasn't bad and felt like it fit.

2 On would have been much better if Q wasn't on it. He drags the song down so damn much.

I'm neutral to Q's presence on the song, personally.

Y'all are probably right tho

Mortemis

Banned
TimeWarner gave me a new modem, went from 108/11 mbps to 323/22

LAWD, it's still not Fios level but it's much closer now.

And I'm over here thinking I'm lucky I can get up to 50 down on a good day. Usually its 20-30.

Sheeeiiiiit. The ps4 doesn't even have 5ghz wifi huh. And I don't even have a good spot I can plug an Ethernet cable into it either.

#firstworldproblems

I'm drinking a beer, eating a burrito and bout to play some D3 and Xcom.

Day off is awesome.

And you cast can have Destiny. I'm gonna be here on that BCT.

goldhead.png

I also use these on PS4. They are awesome.

Yea, I don't understand the end game there.

I won't dismiss this 'movement' as a sensitive over reaction, but it's definitely a misplacement of concern. Don't cry about the stereotyping cause that isn't how you change the perception of being an entitled, misogynistic, sheltered, no-nothing neckbeard. You change it by allowing an open and honest conversation on these topics, you tell people to shut the fuck up who are misogynistic, homophobic, racist etc.

This is just a tantrum that isn't even directed at the enemy, but I guess it's hard to aim your criticisms at those who also self identify as gamers cause then you're acknowledging the real problem and that makes them uncomfortable.

I've been trying to discuss it with people in the Game Journalism thread, but it gets hard at times.

Sometimes, people just want to be angry. They have a nugget of truth in that anger and they just latch onto any fuel they have to keep it going.

KumaJG

I've been trying to discuss it with people in the Game Journalism thread, but it gets hard at times.

Sometimes, people just want to be angry. They have a nugget of truth in that anger and they just latch onto any fuel they have to keep it going.

Curious what was you going to say?

Oldschoolgamer

Playable black guy? Dammit, I'm already in, game!

Man, I hope you can use him in the campaign, similar to how you could unlock Jeanne.

That trailer is something else. Regular stages looking like everybody else's final level. Normal bosses looking like final bosses.

wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom