• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
I know the feeling. I quit at the end of July. My cash reserves are running dry. Maybe call them up?

lol don't fall into that crux as I have fallen. ={

I did and one rep said that they are not prepared for it yet -_-. Fucking walmart I swear. Thats crazy I quit my job at the end of july too. i moved back to the place I used to live at down here in GA. I got tired of the bullshit with Savannah and got tired of getting treated like a charity case at my old job.

You have a computer technician who not only fixes computers but helps create resumes...yet you rather spend a lot of money on a computer technician that does the same thing.

Logic much :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Of all the shit to catch a perma over...you can't see it but I'm facepalming like a mothafucka right now. Not a good 24 hours for my dude

Perms are horrible, but I've managed to get out of a couple thanks to some good people.

Keep in mind I've never deserved a single ban I've had except one

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
lol don't fall into that crux as I have fallen. ={

Well nothing is certain yet

The reason I'm missing work is because of one of the guys on my crew rather than myself, so I don't think I'll be out of a job

but I'm pretty sure I'll be off this project because of it. and it's the most stable gig my company has to offer atm.

Gonna start putting in applications today either way. I just wanted the job until I went back to school full time next semester. Should be easy to find some Holiday retail job which combined with the buffer I've already saved up should be enough to stay ahead of payments until school semester starts

Gonna miss having that buffer for University, but this job was hell and if I'm off it I definitely won't miss it.

Perms are horrible, but I've managed to get out of a couple thanks to some good people.

Keep in mind I've never deserved a single ban I've had except one

You too?!

Of all the shit to catch a perma over...you can't see it but I'm facepalming like a mothafucka right now. Not a good 24 hours for my dude

After sticking my nose all in his business, yeah that was pretty petty.

And by petty I mean on the mods part. As per usual.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I did and one rep said that they are not prepared for it yet -_-. Fucking walmart I swear. Thats crazy I quit my job at the end of july too. i moved back to the place I used to live at down here in GA. I got tired of the bullshit with Savannah and got tired of getting treated like a charity case at my old job.

You have a computer technician who not only fixes computers but helps create resumes...yet you rather spend a lot of money on a computer technician that does the same thing.

Logic much :/
damn man. Ya never forget that you're replacable to employers

Well nothing is certain yet

The reason I'm missing work is because of one of the guys on my crew rather than myself, so I don't think I'll be out of a job

but I'm pretty sure I'll be off this project because of it. and it's the most stable gig my company has to offer atm.

Gonna start putting in applications today either way. I just wanted the job until I went back to school full time next semester. Should be easy to find some Holiday retail job which combined with the buffer I've already saved up should be enough to stay ahead of payments until school semester starts

Gonna miss having that buffer for University, but this job was hell and if I'm off it I definitely won't miss it.
Yeah man Im trying to get into graduate school and find a new job in the meantime while keeping myself afloat it's not easy at all. I still don't regret quitting my last job though.

RP912

Banned
damn man. Ya never forget that you're replacable to employers

Yeah man Im trying to get into graduate school and find a new job in the meantime while keeping myself afloat it's not easy at all. I still don't regret quitting my last job though.

Indeed. The fucked up thing about it was my supervisor gassing my head up about getting me more hours and being the main tech guy since it would make sense. Yet, the highers up didn't want to pay me regardless of me pitching in on fixing up the shitty computers in my lab for the general public, a few pcs from my supervisor to head start officials, and even giving over the phone support in some cases.

Hell I even train some of the staff that didn't know how to use a fucking mouse...yet alone a keyboard.,...but in their own words "we are a family".

Moral of the story...never work for a community agency.

Folks too quick to butter dudes into believing you are the best employee but turn around and do shady shit because you are just an employee.

J10

Banned
Silky been permabanned? Jesus...

There's an easy way to check. If you click on someone's name a menu should pop up with options. If that menu doesn't pop up and clicking instead goes straight to their profile, they're gone for good.

I think.

The Utah thread is a lot better now.

Much Much better.

I am going out of my way to point out that the evidence goes more to it being a class issue than it does a race issue. Why? The following logical reasons;

A) Because, as the previous poster so wisely pointed earlier; I feel that many of my non-minority friends are in just as insecure of a position as my minority friends. I am months away from my huge student loan debts becoming due myself. When you are in this position, you have a unique perspective on the issue. I could just as easily become poor and less off as anyone else. And that is where the true threat arises.

B) The reason why it is more likely to be class than is the issue than race is because people of low socio-economic standing are more prone to acts that would place them in situations that are dangerous to them. Loitering on street corners, improperly handling dangerous objects in convenience stores, and participating in the badgering of police officers. Most people of wealthy standing are not going to be in these situations. Why? Because they are not in Walmart. They are not in poor neighborhoods. They are not loitering in front of the stop and pump.

C) Because statistics are more likely to promote the idea that it is class and not race that is at issue. Merely because a sample has predominately one trait does not mean that is the controlling variable. Quick statistics lesson. Lets say that all the ice cream shops in town are great ice cream shops rated highly by the critically acclaimed ice cream association (CAICE). All the ice cream joints that are rated highly by the CAICE sell Vanilla ice cream. Some of that vanilla ice cream is based out of vanilla extract. Some is made with wood pulp. More of the stores in the town that offer wood pulp Vanilla for sale are highly rated than those that offer extract vanilla ice cream. Does that necessitate that it is wood pulp that makes them highly rated? Logically no. It could just as easily be the fact that them selling Vanilla ice cream makes them highly rated.

Same statistics rules applies here. Merely because a predominate amount of the low income people are minorities does not mean that racial tension is to blame. It could also be, and is more likely to be, the fact that they are low income people. Especially when you compile that with statistics that low income white people are disproportionately attacked compared to the wider white demographic.

All three of these arguments point out one common theme; it is intellectually dishonest to cry racism when it demeans the struggles of non-minority poor people and their interactions with the police. I feel just as bad about the death of the 35 year old guy the other day in my County as I do what is happening in Ferguson. But why are you not crying for him?

Police brutality is police brutality. No matter what color it takes.

Trey

There's an easy way to check. If you click on someone's name a menu should pop up with options. If that menu doesn't pop up and clicking instead goes straight to their profile, they're gone for good.

I think.

The only way to know for sure is if either the banned person or a mod/admin tells you.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Washington Dulles airport is full of dimes. This Saudi girl almost had me in an international incident

And 200 people mad because I used the EZ pass to skip the line bwaha

Slayven

Washington Dulles airport is full of dimes. This Saudi girl almost had me in an international incident

And 200 people mad because I used the EZ pass to skip the line bwaha

You know Dy looked an old man with cane and the pregnant lady dead in the eye and laughed.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Can't believe Storm Chamber shit on GKMC just to stan Lupe Fiasco the very next day
PoA6aOg.gif

Slayven

Halo does nothing for me. Somebody should bring Unreal Tournament back.

This was next level, a figher/FPS? Y'all weren't ready.

Unrealchampionship2.jpg

The 10 monitor setups are the funniest, seeing as one VR headset now makes all that shit irrelevant.

Even nasa doesn't use that complicated setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom