• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything on TEW, I watched one video of the 360 version like a year back and that's been about it.

Bethesda's got like a 5 hr video of Pete Hines playing the game. Then the trailers.....

When it comes the video footage that's about it.

Most of the impressions came from people playing the game at places like PAX and some trade show in the UK.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Despite intentions opinions can spite and can offend people. No matter how honest you're being. Do you have to care? No. Just something to think about if you do. That's why "Its just my opinion" is such a empty phrase because its never "just" an opinion. A lot more goes into it than what people think. Especially if there's a smidgeon of attitude in it.

A lot of the TEW hype is due to a lot of the justified bad impressions the game made when the previews first started coming out. This current campaign is basically trying to undo that so people go out and buy the game so if it is good, we can get more proper survival horror games. Of course some of it will be excessive but this seems mostly benign compared to the likes of say Watch_Dogs or Destiny. More so due to the fact that its just blow back thanks to some very good sounding impressions of the game.

You said my irritation is all me, but I think this is you. I haven't wandered into GT often recently because of all the hype and commotion over games (all the games on gaming side, not just TEW) lately. I don't like a lot of bickering, I'm sensitive and all that hostility and tension makes me nervous, so I've kept my distance. I have nothing to be irritated by because of this, and I don't have an attitude. People were already reminding me of Vanquish when I said something about Mikami earlier, and I gave them no attitude and they didn't even complain about it. I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

It's not like I'm coming in here bringing it up. I've only talked about it with others who've shown up and mentioned something. I don't like being a debbie downer, so I won't dwell on things that piss me off unless everyone else wants to ~ even then, I may not say anything.

And I'm sorry, but what do you mean by proper SH games? I've seen this argument before with some who liked TEW. I don't understand why there's a need to downplay the other horror games in the industry for the sake of that one. If you are truly passionate about it, you should hope they all succeed. That includes Alien: Isolation, Outlast, etc.

Just because the former two are first person, doesn't mean they aren't valid SH games. If TEW fails, that's not the end of Survival Horror. Kojima's promising us something good for Silent Hills. Capcom's giving RE: Revelations 2 a shot with Survival Horror. TEW isn't going to save the genre or break it.

And I'm not complaining about the threads and enthusiasm. There's nothing wrong with that at all. My problem has always been with the need for some people within TEW group to have episodes of childish meltdowns and bash other horror games within their own thread when they could go to their own and enjoy themselves instead.

Someone mentioned earlier in here that they didn't like how TLOU fans were visiting every thread doing something similar. That shit is crazy. That's not how you gather fans, that's a sure fire way to put people off. No one likes being told to like something. Let us figure it out for ourselves.

Opinions are to be respected. Even if we don't agree with it. We can't dictate how others express their opinion. That's taking away the essence of the word.

I honestly don't really feel like typing out paragraphs so Imma end it here:

You really don't have to respect opinions. I was not downplaying the current list of SH games just stating the idea behind why people are championing TEW besides the fact that the guy that made the genre popular is head.

Bct went downhill once we outed our white people as non black. We need to go back to pretending everyone is black to stop this black on black crime and the police show up

Please define 'the right thing to do'. I can understand if you don't like cinematic games or survival. But why SR over gtav....why.png

forgoing two of the best titles of the generation for saints row. That is some lowtier hero shit if I ever heard it. You probably dropped T-Hawk after they gave him a gun smh.

I pre-emptively threw GTAV and TLoU in the bushes because they came out at a time when I could not give less of a fuck about games that were either all about cinematics or that appeared to take themselves too seriously. GTAV looked boring (and I only cared about the multi anyways, but not enough to drop $60), and TLoU hit all the wrong notes. Instead I jumped on Revengeance and SR4, and I haven't looked back since.

And hell naw I haven't dropped Hawk. Ask anyone on GAF who has played me, and they'll let you know after they're done getting my Condor Spire out their throat. Even Shouta got a loss to me at EVO.

I've been celebrating my birthday all week. My birthday is this Saturday. Is it bad that I've bedded down 6 different women over the last 3 days. All in preparation for the first birthday I've had single in over a decade?!

I know I say some different shit family, but this being single is the truth. Why the hell do people say it's hard to holla at females?

What I just noticed is every woman has been white except for one latina. I gotta stop drinking.

I've been celebrating my birthday all week. My birthday is this Saturday. Is it bad that I've bedded down 6 different women over the last 3 days. All in preparation for the first birthday I've had single in over a decade?!

I know I say some different shit family, but this being single is the truth. Why the hell do people say it's hard to holla at females?

What I just noticed is every woman has been white except for one latina. I gotta stop drinking.

This dude is "R" intoxicated

Timedog's been saying since we got together he got me preggers. Don't believe the troll.

Slay was getting tight for a moment

itnNzqmzDbbi.gif

BHZ Mayor

I just started it.. Whyyy

That FFXV demo tho :blessed:

Lucky you. You don't have to wait through the nine years it took to complete one arc. I didn't either, but I can't imagine how bad it must've been for those that did.

Let's put this in perspective. The arc that just ended in the anime, started in the manga before Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube existed, a few months after I graduated high school, two months after Myspace was founded, and before Gaming Age Forums became NeoGAF. And it ended in the manga in 2012.

Silky

Banned
Alright. Got my head on straight, and it seems like I'm not dead. Awful awful night.

If anyone's interested as to what happened regarding the knife thing, I can shoot PMs to those interested.

Wynning Rio'd

Gorillaz

Can't believe we are finally getting a FF15 demo. Shit was announced when I was a freshman in high school im done with college and the demo is finally announced

Like... it was announced when 3 6 mafia was out and Ciara had somewhat of a career in dancing and music. Laffytaffy was being blasted on the radio and shit

Can someone back me up here? A lot of racists folks on this Burzum video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKu-A14GHS0 (my nick is gabrielgao btw)

"+Arcturus Dunhelm

Let me teach some History for you and the nazis here. When we freed the slaves (1888) they had no place to go, so they did the "favelas" as know today. The Republic just didn't want to help, so they bringed a lot of people all over the world. If they had helped, we would be already a super power. But things are moving. One of the best politicians here is "black" and he is not corrupted. Mostly policians are, but with the new laws they are unable to go to power ever again. Russia, India, China and Brasil are the future. You want to maintain your color skin and your Thor, Odin? Fine. Just don't be racist about it. Why I am even speaking man... You are brain washed. Drugs and crime are everywhere in the world. Regardless, I enjoy Varg's music A LOT but he just brings race debates with nothing. Multicultural paradise? Sure is. You can meet a lot of good people here with other cultures. Now, you saying there's no advance? I think there is: https://www.google.com.br/publicdat..._pcap_cd&idim=country:BRA:CHN:ARG&hl=pt&dl=pt

Brasil is going up now, this is an old PIB. But since you people here are so biased on white eugenics, so be it. Still gonna listen to Varg's music, even he being racist."

It seems my post was blocked. Can someone post this?

The most sad part is the likes. I hate racism.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe we are finally getting a FF15 demo. Shit was announced when I was a freshman in high school im done with college and the demo is finally announced

Like... it was announced when 3 6 mafia was out and Ciara had somewhat of a career in dancing and music. Laffytaffy was being blasted on the radio and shit

D4L never stops playing on my playlists

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Can someone back me up here? A lot of racists folks on this Burzum video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKu-A14GHS0 (my nick is gabrielgao btw)

"+Arcturus Dunhelm

Let me teach some History for you and the nazis here. When we freed the slaves (1888) they had no place to go, so they did the "favelas" as know today. The Republic just didn't want to help, so they bringed a lot of people all over the world. If they had helped, we would be already a super power. But things are moving. One of the best politicians here is "black" and he is not corrupted. Mostly policians are, but with the new laws they are unable to go to power ever again. Russia, India, China and Brasil are the future. You want to maintain your color skin and your Thor, Odin? Fine. Just don't be racist about it. Why I am even speaking man... You are brain washed. Drugs and crime are everywhere in the world. Regardless, I enjoy Varg's music A LOT but he just brings race debates with nothing. Multicultural paradise? Sure is. You can meet a lot of good people here with other cultures. Now, you saying there's no advance? I think there is: https://www.google.com.br/publicdat..._pcap_cd&idim=country:BRA:CHN:ARG&hl=pt&dl=pt

Brasil is going up now, this is an old PIB. But since you people here are so biased on white eugenics, so be it. Still gonna listen to Varg's music, even he being racist."

It seems my post was blocked. Can someone post this?

The most sad part is the likes. I hate racism.

You took the time to post this here so I am assuming you're being serious. Which isn't a terrible thing but...it's a YouTube comment section. I don't think you are going to change any minds there, so responding to arguments there probably isn't the best use of anyone's time.

RP912

Banned
Smh that driveclub thread. Racing threads in general make my head hurt because folks want more out of a game that has enough to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom