• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was your 4 year old listening to dmx

1 - DMX has radio edits for most of his songs, including this one (Ruff Ryder's Anthem), and
2 - we were getting fired up for capoeira class. I'd play Big Krit for him, but he's not ready for that yet

come on Jandro you telling me you don't listen to Kidz Bop versions of DMX songs?

also getting my Spooky Black on and saw this track on youtube

Bones - IfYouHadAZuneIHateYou (Ft. Spooky Black)

I got you bruh

craft-stick_l.jpg

You're flaw bruh

oh yea The Maze Runner isn't great but decent for a movie where they couldn't figure out how to end it and despite black leader, a lanky british white 2nd in command, a Asian 3rd in command. The group of guys needed a white couple to save them from "slavery" type life

Order

oh yea The Maze Runner isn't great but decent for a movie where they couldn't figure out how to end it and despite black leader, a lanky british white 2nd in command, a Asian 3rd in command. The group of guys needed a white couple to save them from "slavery" type life
I remember reading the books before. If they adapt the other two, shit will escalate to insane levels real quick.

harSon

Banned

The premise kind of reminds me of Cube

DominoKid

Hunger Games disappointed me. I never read the books but thought Katniss was gonna be catching bodies with the way people talked about her.

I remember reading the books before. If they adapt the other two, shit will escalate to insane levels real quick.

I heard the other 2 suck though.

Trey

EoT should've been called "All You Need Is Kill". I would have bumped it up from okay to decent just from that alone.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
it it what it is j10 lol
Stole the concept with rubbed me the wrong somewhat.

they didn't steal it at all. you don't even have to look far past the title to see that they actually acknowledge that it was a direct adaptation

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Thats a terrible name.

It really is lol

Even ignoring the broken English, I don't see how it relates to the actual content of the work at all. Edge of Tomorrow is a much better title in that regard.

harSon

Banned
i can't even enjoy hunger games movies because of how its such a blatant rip of battle royale

To be fair, Battle Royale is basically a combination of two Stephen King novels (The Long Walk, The Running Man) and Lord of the Flies, but I suppose the difference here is the fact that the author behind Battle Royale admits that fact.

DY_nasty

studio should've just ran with live. die. repeat.
To be fair, Battle Royale is basically a combination of two Stephen King novels (The Long Walk, The Running Man) and Lord of the Flies, but I suppose the difference here is the fact that the author behind Battle Royale admits that fact.

basically

Jado

Banned
i can't even enjoy hunger games movies because of how its such a blatant rip of battle royale

That and Katniss is pretty much a mindless pawn for the revolution. She practically did nothing in the second movie and was deliberately kept in the dark while the smart adults did all the real work. On top of being kinda boy-crazy, I don't see how anyone watching this looks up to her as a strong female character in fiction.

Slayven

That and Katniss is pretty much a mindless pawn for the revolution. She practically did nothing in the second movie and was deliberately kept in the dark while the smart adults did all the real work. On top of being kinda boy-crazy, I don't see how anyone watching this looks up to her as a strong female character in fiction.

But all the dudes want her Jado

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

She was taking care of the wounded guy in the first movie

So progressive

DY_nasty

i get all my strong female protagonists from japan

:3

zero_suit

Blasphemy!

akira28

Hunger Games still reads like internet fan-fiction. Even with Woody Harrellson and a multimillion dollar big budget, the story is still pretty much: complete shit. Without the set pieces, scenery chewing, and teen+mom-bait melodrama, it's just nonsense copied from other works, without any of the soul. A list of tropes and a young sexy grrl-power icon to pin it all onto.

akira28

I haven't watch a Hunger Game movie

I saw the first one, at a friend's house, for free. Only way.

Unless I'm out on a date or something and she wants to see Hunger Games. That's how I ended up seeing Potter and that remake of Chocolate Factory.

i won't even watch that shit on my own tv....sober.

DominoKid

That sound even worse than the first one was.

Jado

Banned
She was taking care of the wounded guy in the first movie

So progressive

And she looks so cool/heroic/strong holding a bow and arrow.

She's a mascot and a pawn for the men leading the movement in the story. I dont think anything in the third movie will undo that and put her in a better light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom