• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Sugar grits are the only tolerable grits though
idzMEBBgrovpF.png

Slayven

Can someone that seen Godzilla confirm something for me?

Was
the scenes where breaking bad dude is nutting up his only 5 minutes in the movie?

combat system is nowhere near as good as dmc3 (or 4).

would have preferred a nero spinoff over this. i didn't really care about the redesign. i actually liked the look of the tgs debut (final dante was worse imo), he looked pretty good reimagined as a demonic crackhead

they could make dante a girl for all i care, but ninja theory aint about dat gameplay.

Finished the new devil may cry. Thought it was good. Don't understand the hate it got.

Pointless dumbing down of the combat, 60fps to 30fps being the main culprits. Capcom apparently didn't realize that people bought DMC series for the combat, they were apparently under the impression people bought it for the deep intriguing plot or something.

It's like changing everything you know about Street Fighter (QCFs, QCBs, Supers, etc) 2 button combos and a "deep" story. You might get some new fans but the old ones aren't going to stick around.

Which is why DmC sold worse than DMC4 despite DMC4 coming out back in the beginning of 2008 when there were like 35m 360/PS3s sold.

TLDR: Shit was an average as fuck game in all aspects, and nowhere near as good as DMC1/3/4

The PC version I got was 60fps, and it looked very nice.

But it was only a 7/10 action game. Which was an improvement for Ninja Theory, but not exactly DMC3/4 tier action wise. Biggest culprit were the awful boss fights outside you-know-who at the end, color-coded enemies that stifled combo creativity in a series all about combo creativity, characters were lame(and not in an endearingly cheesy way like DMC3/4), and so much braindead platforming. I mean SO MUCH...

Not something I want to replay, which isn't a good look for a DMC game

edit: tell you the truth, I liked the first boss too, he was good. THe other though felt like bad God of War encounters

RedSwirl

Ninja Theory overall has been eh in my experience. They're one of those companies that has its heart in the right place in terms of what kinds of games should be made, but don't quite have the talent to execute or make exceptional gameplay.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind some of the changes DmC made. I mean honestly some legacy mechanics in Devil May Cry are archaic as fuck and need to go away.(enemy step/jump cancelling for air time) Action games have evolved alot since then and I think Devil May Cry needs to as well if it ever wants to be a relevant franchise again.

but for every decent idea they had, they had really horrible ones as well.(ANgel/Devil toggles) The weapons were boring and uninspired and the game just didn't feel good to play.

I also just don't like how it looks. I don't like how any of NT's games look.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
today was actually my best Archeage day

because the server went down for maintenance for two hours

So when they restarted I happened to get in before the queues

that's right

an MMO where you're happy because it went down for maintenance

THAT'S how the launch has been

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

that's right

waiting queues for an mmo.

how much fail can people absorb before deciding its too much.

i cant wait for dfo to come back so i can be done with all this

that's right

I didn't even bother today, just went and played Blade and Soul for a bit.

we bout to kick reilo out for not having a mic and getting 5 kills in a strike total lol

Damn Relio, that's some struggle ass shit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I don't mind some of the changes DmC made. I mean honestly some legacy mechanics in Devil May Cry are archaic as fuck and need to go away.(enemy step/jump cancelling for air time) Action games have evolved alot since then and I think Devil May Cry needs to as well if it ever wants to be a relevant franchise again.

Yep. (Jump cancel is cool tho)

They need to make the ememies a lot more fun to fight as well. I swear they've managed to regress a lot in that department.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. (Jump cancel is cool tho)

They need to make the ememies a lot more fun to fight as well. I swear they've managed to regress a lot in that department.

Yeah I don't mind them as options. I mean both mechanics are in Bayonetta

but I mean every action game nowadays just floats you automatically when doing air attacks. Goes a long way towards making the games accessible when you don't have to rapidly alternate between two buttons just to stay in the air, which is the feature these games are known for to begin with.

I think alot of DMC fans reacted to DmC changing this as "dumbing the game down" for casuals or whatever. but I mean there's really no good reason for the games to still work like that besides that being how the games worked 10 years ago.

and no need to shame new players for preferring a game that works that way.

Sorry for keeping this discussion going but it's nice to be able to talk about the game without people posting FEEL OF 60 FPS memes like on gaming side.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

that's right

Blizzard is brucewilliscryingintomoney.gif over all the MMO launches this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom