• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

this dude Wesley got the funniest expressions. it's hard not to when you see your teacher getting chowed down on though.

Aja King needs to be on the screen more too.

Uh, I was looking for D&D and this was the first search result...

Maybe I should go?

Uh, anyway, is there any rpg on android that uses a good rpg multi class system but plays like NWN?

pls no ban.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Has a black fg character ever been top tier?

Lucky Glauber is nuts apparently in KoF 98 FE

Accent Core Potemkin is probably the best designed grappler character in any fighting game and has been consistently rated pretty high throughout the series revisions

and if you extend black to just "dark skinned" Ramlethal is dominating in Xrd currently.(although she's probably supposed to be more of a Ganguro Girl). and K'(streeeeeeeetch I know) is strong in just about every game he's in

Also Rick Strowd is the strongest character in Fatal Fury Real Bout 2 bar none. He Native American though

Sean was nerfed from S tier to Z tier between 2nd impact to 3rd strike. Can't have a nigga be too good, shoto or not.

It's ok. SF3 is a trash game so Capcom got what they deserved

Anyone watch Terror in Resonance? The Lemon has found his way to Japan!
iRABbWZ.png

I played Astaroth and Cassandra in Soul. But I'm not a participant in FGCGaf. I was digging Zasalamel in 3 not at all in 4. Thawk is the shit. So is Dudley. But my guilty pleasure characters are always Honda and Blanka.

My Facebook feed was blowing up about Scandal and Murder. Cats loving that shit that hard?

KumaJG

I played Astaroth and Cassandra in Soul. But I'm not a participant in FGCGaf. I was digging Zasalamel in 3 not at all in 4. Thawk is the shit. So is Dudley. But my guilty pleasure characters are always Honda and Blanka.

My Facebook feed was blowing up about Scandal and Murder. Cats loving that shit that hard?

When I played Soul Caliber my mains was Mitsurogi, Kilik and Voodoo. Murder was legit good. Joining my fall TV line-up that for sure.

I stood for Korea in SC. My mains were Hwang (fuck you Namco!), Seung Mina and Yung Sung.

When I wanted to be disrespectful, I went with Xiangua, Siegfried and Zasalamel. I didn't even play SC 5. Haven't played Tekken Tag 2 at all, and never really played T6 seriously. SC series felt like it was continually going away from what made me love it (movement game and intuitiveness) and Tekken was just feeling 'samey.'

Imm0rt4l

watched the first episode of tokyo ghoul since a couple heads name dropped it in here, seemed like a real middle of the road anime. Then I decided to try Psycho pass since it's on netflix. It's pretty good.

DominoKid

Nightmare was always my Number 1. Ringouts for days and I was a terror in the closed arenas w/ him.

I used Maxi when I wanted to swag out.

Never played SC5.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I love Tekken, that series is the definition of archaic.

But at this point they really cant change it that much.

They can change it. I mean every other long running fighting game has simplified itself this gen in order to let new players catch up to the guys who have been playing for years before building on themselves again.

Tekken has continued to build upon itself this whole time though.

As a result I think the game has become impenetrable for new players at this point, which is why I believe the scene is stagnating.

If they want to make things fresh they'd have to do what those other games did, Cut the roster size, simplify movesets and reduce the amount of system mechanics.

royalan

Nightmare players were usually so easy to beat if you even put a little but into mastering the combat system and learning his tells. And they used to get soooooo mad, and then try to switch it up by choosing Sigfried. HA!

Oh, SCII...those were good times.

AfroMW

Anybody here who keeps track of boxing or muay thai/kickboxing?

Just curious because I usually head to the coli to keep up with things, just wanted to know if anyone else follows either of the two.

G-Fex

Fex specifically hates minorities more than he hates everything else.

I am a minority you gigantic pre-historical gargantuan dingus.

and I don't hate everything, just a lot of shit. Excuse me for not jumping on every goddamn bandwagon geesh.

I don't know why I get such shit for not liking stuff, if I don't like TLoU I'm a terrible person, if I don't like Dark Souls everybody jumps down my throat, if I DONT LIKE GOTG OR BATMAN IM THE WORST FUCKING PERSON ALIVE.

Leave me the hell alone people goddamn.

Ok maybe i'm a little dickish about things, whatever! I'm a dick anyway.

man no wonder I don't post much anymore

strobogo

Banned

and I don't hate everything, just a lot of shit. Excuse me for not jumping on every goddamn bandwagon geesh.

I don't know why I get such shit for not liking stuff, if I don't like TLoU I'm a terrible person, if I don't like Dark Souls everybody jumps down my throat, if I DONT LIKE GOTG OR BATMAN IM THE WORST FUCKING PERSON ALIVE.

You didn't like Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D IMAX?

Wait, wat? This was all serious? I thought people were just teasing you a bit...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

G-Fex you're great.

I'm a Homofexual, I'm on your side!

strobogo

Banned
What if G-Fex was an 80s sitcom set in the sing along version of Guardians of the Galaxy that opened next door to 50 Shades of Grey

They can change it. I mean every other long running fighting game has simplified itself this gen in order to let new players catch up to the guys who have been playing for years before building on themselves again.

Tekken has continued to build upon itself this whole time though.

As a result I think the game has become impenetrable for new players at this point, which is why I believe the scene is stagnating.

If they want to make things fresh they'd have to do what those other games did, Cut the roster size, simplify movesets and reduce the amount of system mechanics.

I'm guessing Pokken Tournament is gonna be pretty much this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom