• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent 40 minutes debating a guy about the EPA, Obama being the worse president in history, and NSA tracking was only evil under Obama. He also said government handouts / education loans were a bigger part of the budget than defense

that's around 37 minutes too many. you could have watched an episode of General Hospital on Youtube without commercial interruption in that time.

that's around 37 minutes too many. you could have watched an episode of General Hospital on Youtube without commercial interruption in that time.

lol it all started with us talking about the californian drought then he went on this tirade on "EnviroNazi's" and that Obama's lack of leadership and him being the worse president in history. That b/c of some tiny fish that farmers in Cali can't water their crops. Tried to tell him that letting them use all the water they want for crops is just a short term solution and that Environmentalist have only been around and serious (legislation wise) for 40 years or so. Then he claimed the defense budget was only 10% of the US's budget which i just straight up laughed at. Before all this tho anytime i bought up the past he kept saying "no stop talking about the past talk about now" cut to 10 minutes later he's praising Reagan

strobogo

Banned
lol it all started with us talking about the californian drought then he went on this tirade on "EnviroNazi's" and that Obama's lack of leadership and him being the worse president in history. That b/c of some tiny fish that farmers in Cali can't water their crops. Tried to tell him that letting them use all the water they want for crops is just a short term solution and that Environmentalist have only been around and serious (legislation wise) for 40 years or so. Then he claimed the defense budget was only 10% of the US's budget which i just straight up laughed at. Before all this tho anytime i bought up the past he kept saying "no stop talking about the past talk about now" cut to 10 minutes later he's praising Reagan

Obama is Obonered and will never get the credit he deserves for the good things, while getting shit on for things he continued from the Bush era that people didn't have a problem with then. People are still stuck on that "He's a weak man who won't protect America" bullshit. If you've ever read a book about the take down of Osama, or drones in general, you'll know that is bullshit and a half. But we don't go to a needless war with Syria or don't bomb ISIS enough and they fall back to "Fucking pussy hates AMERICA". 25 years from now when the AHC Act is close to perfect and has been expanded greatly and become more efficient, I'm pretty positive that a Republican president is going to get credit for REALLY making it work.

Based on the show? Is that shit still running?

Headed to its 5th and final season. I stopped watching sometime around season 2. If it comes out on Netflix, Ill marathon it. But the game looks like a Falling Skies Xcom mod. Ill give it a go when its a bargain bin title. Just because I love Xcom.

Anywho.

strobogo

Banned
What kind of world are we in when I'm getting nervous to check out 2 more Islam/Al Guyda books? I've looked up too many names on wiki. And now 3 books in a week? When my house blows up from a drone attack, let the world know that I was black and proud.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of world are we in when I'm getting nervous to check out 2 more Islam/Al Guyda books? I've looked up too many names on wiki. And now 3 books in a week? When my house blows up from a drone attack, let the world know that I was black and proud.

I find myself legitimately not pursuing knowledge about things that are hot button issues because I don't want to end up on a list. It fucking sucks, to have that kind of fear and concern. I want to learn about things but I don't want to vanish in the night. :(

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=908663

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Hey fam long time no post.

Quick catch up.

I'll be done with my BA in the summer. Not sure what I'll after do but I'll figure it out. Work isn't great but I have better appreciation for my grind.

I need to stop dating/hooking up around the summer. I'm writing more in my spare time. I'm on that Persona 4 Arena Ultimax like a fiend & I'm growing out my afro(2-3 months in).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
PC gaming got me seeing the realness of 60fps but I wouldn't go this far. If it's playable...play it.

I dunno man

at a certain point 60 fps needs to be the standard

technology advances, and standards advance with it

I doubt many people would be cool with a PS4 game that rendered at straight up standard definition 480p resolution, for example.

RP912

Banned
I dunno man

at a certain point 60 fps needs to be the standard

technology advances, and standards advance with it

I doubt many people would be cool with a PS4 game that rendered at straight up standard definition 480p resolution, for example.

True. 60fps needs to be the law of the land. I'm still trying to figure out why it hasn't when it's been relevant since the late 90s.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
True. 60fps needs to be the law of the land. I'm still trying to figure out why it hasn't when it's been relevant since the late 90s.

TV commercials can't show off 60fps gameplay, so you make that shit prettier. Plus it's easier to hit 30 by a huge degree

It's disappointing to me, because 60fps makes a huge difference to me, but...yeah...

RP912

Banned
TV commercials can't show off 60fps gameplay, so you make that shit prettier. Plus it's easier to hit 30 by a huge degree

It's disappointing to me, because 60fps makes a huge difference to me, but...yeah...

yea it sucks but limitations I guess. Playing last gen games on my pc and seeing how fast it runs without slowdowns on high settings blew my mind when I finally built my pc. My specs are not all to be bragged about but I got my taste of what PC gaf gloat over. It's like this...my expectations for gaming are kind of low. I thought friggin Game Dev Tycoon was one of my goty because of how addictive it was....so yeah it's what it is.

As long as the game is fun and not a slideshow...I'm down...but damn I would drool over it being 60fps in a heartbeat though.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just don't have a single fuck to give about framerate as long as it's not broken. But I'm also that guy that is plenty content with buying an 8 dollar bottle of wine from the liquor store when doing something "fancy". My undeveloped plebeian core taste means there is just more out there for me to enjoy. That said, PC gaming still top tier of the industry.

RP912

Banned
I just don't have a single fuck to give about framerate as long as it's not broken. But I'm also that guy that is plenty content with buying an 8 dollar bottle of wine from the liquor store when doing something "fancy". My undeveloped plebeian core taste means there is just more out there for me to enjoy.

Myman.gif

I'm the type of dude that thinks Applebees buy one get one half off is a way to my wife's heart...........which it is.

So video games are nothing to me unless the shits glitchy as hell but I survived through the WWE yukes games...so I can play anything.

On the subject of frames in games.

It never mattered to my before & it doesn't now. Plus when I hear the argument of 30 fps being bad, my response is have you seen or played Vanquish? *drops mic*

RP912

Banned
I think the game that made me realize there's a difference between 30fps and 60fps was syndicate for the ps3. I played it for a few minutes and realize how slow the game felt. I really wanted to enjoy that game too :(

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
When it comes to framerate, it all boils down to what are you going for. A fast paced game like Bayonetta, F-zero, or SF or something slower like Uncharted and the like?

That should determine your framerate, among other things.

Edit: Word on Vanquish not being 60fps.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The GTA V commercial that was shown on tv last year ran at 60 fps - can you imagine how hot it could've been if it was released like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom