• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list of characters who have to be a certain race is pretty short.

Original Cap and T'Challa come to mind. Everyone else you can switch around. Some characters are stronger when you keep their current race - Luke Cage is built around the black urban experience and Daredevil as a stereotypical Irish Catholic works well - but many are just "whatever". Peter Parker you can mess with pretty easily without affecting the core of the character.

Slayven

dude, watch it on your favorite website.

and no.
I will catch it tomorrow on the app with Supernatural.

The list of characters who have to be a certain race is pretty short.

Original Cap and T'Challa come to mind. Everyone else you can switch around. Some characters are stronger when you keep their current race - Luke Cage is built around the black urban experience and Daredevil as a stereotypical Irish Catholic works well - but many are just "whatever". Peter Parker you can mess with pretty easily without affecting the core of the character.
I just feel that lazy.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
For an already established character, I can understand that. A new one could suffice, right?

Thats all i ask for in characters. People can cozy up to minority characters. Static is pretty decently known as a character(even if they get his name wrong) cyborg has become a popular character in teen titans with a distinct personality.

KumaJG

I seen that stuff at gas stations......

I am not talking about shake n bake

This

And resolution. It's gone from something I don't think about to one of the number one questions I should ask in an interview.

The question would sense if you was talking a port on the PC. I feel like PC are advocating 60fps since they are fed up with missing exclusive.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yall gonna bring up vsync and screen tearing next? lol. People expect better from pc ports, especially when they usually have to wait a long ass time to get them.

That resolution shit is whatever, but I'll not knock someone for feeling some type of way about it.

it's not so much the frames per second as much as it is what they represent.

Yep.

it's not so much the frames per second as much as it is what they represent.

Yup. It's not something that I personally get pressed about (I cannot tell the difference without a side-by-side comparison, and sometimes not even then), but for the people that can see it, I get it. They want the best possible experience out of their games, and they want the developers to make an effort.

Pretty much like any other hobbyists. I can understand not fucking with them when they go over the top or start making ignorant comments, but here they just want the best of their hobby. I won't hate on then for that.

harSon

Banned
Yall gonna bring up vsync and screen tearing next? lol. People expect better from pc ports, especially when they usually have to wait a long ass time to get them.

That resolution shit is whatever, but I'll not knock someone for feeling some type of way about it.

They'll probably knock you for not feeling some type of way about the game not being/having X, Y or Z though.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I can understand the frustration people feel about fps. Some talk about the issues they have with their PC when a game isn't at least 60fps. I'd be pretty steamed about something like that too if I played on PC.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
If a pc game doesn't have a fov slider, it gets the bushes until it gets patched or modded in. Motion sickness hasn't been the wave since Half Life 2.

Dead Space 1 pc bodied any good will I had for devs, in regards to ports.

They'll probably knock you for not feeling some type of way about the game not being/having X, Y or Z though.

You're right. No doubt about that.

Crocodile

Out of curiosity, is anyone "the black friend" in a group?

Not every friend group but the vast majority of them yeah

VA work is a hard job that doesn't get nearly enough respect. Major props to these VAs who've been in the game for years.

Speaking of DBZ, I dunno what it is about the IP but I feel like it entrenched itself much harder in the Black nerd community than in any other ethnic nerd community. I feel in literally every city/state/country where I've encountered a group of black people in a "nerdy setting" (game store, convention, tournament, even the occasional restaurant) I will ALWAYS overhear them talking about DBZ at some point. It feels a bit surreal to be honest. Like I bet if I could fined these people in 40-50 years (and I'm not necessarily excluding myself here) - they would be borderline senile, couldn't remember their grandkids names but could still tell me which episode Goku first went Super Sayian or some shit LOL

Spent 40 minutes debating a guy about the EPA, Obama being the worse president in history, and NSA tracking was only evil under Obama. He also said government handouts / education loans were a bigger part of the budget than defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom