• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

YES, IDRIS! YES. YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS

GIVING ME EVERYTHING I NEED ON THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!!!

http://instagram.com/p/t5UjohEiU5/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video&modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/t5UjohEiU5/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video&modal=true

PRAISE JESUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

ibppTBQytgeosv.gif

I GIVE THANKS TO THE GLORY!

ReiGun

Arrow premiere got me legit shook.

Blackish keeps getting better. This episode had me dying. The younger daughter is already one of the best kid characters I've seen in a sitcom.

Wynnebeck

Banned
How is Blackish? I have worries it's going to be the white-washing of Black culture that's easily digested by the obvious white demographic they are aiming this at.

Mortemis

Banned
Damn Lettermen only has a little left on this show and he gonna spend those days showing off holographic L's eh.

I'm catching up on Arrow s2 now that its out on Netflix, shit is good. Can't wait to catch up and check out flash too. Lost my shit when the mom said we our own worst enemy tho.

Too many people have been raving about Arrow. I think I am gonna give it a shot on Netflix and try the series out. I know the reason I dont go all out for these shows is because of my DC bias. But its whatever. I give it a shot.

EDIT: I just read what you cats were talking about. 10 bucks in hour is salvageable. The only reason I know that is because I get paid a little bit more then that and I am scraping by. I cannot stress budgeting enough.

got an exotic bounty for the first time today

had to do the moon strike then kill 500 hive on the moon then get 500 pts in PvP with void damage (1 kill =5 points, 1 death = -2 points)

just have to do that moon strike once more and I'm getting that exotic hand cannon.

JC's mentor Steve Harvey is getting Paula Deen to teach young people.

To be specific, Steve Harvey is sending 100 young black men from his fatherless boys mentoring program to Paula Deen, so she can teach them culinary skills.

I'm just seeing Paula Deen getting 100 black slaves.

Also, was the deacon from First Sunday inspired by Steve Harvey?

Kreed

How is Blackish? I have worries it's going to be the white-washing of Black culture that's easily digested by the obvious white demographic they are aiming this at.

First episode was trying too hard to force in black issues and came off as buffoonish. Second and third episodes were really funny once they dialed the black issues back/focused more on just being funny.

akira28

When you have 0$ you basically just start to run faster than the speed of poor, before the information from the strugglewaves catches up to reality.

hahah $0 and you have special speed and agility buffs, but your life bar is cut in half. all that low-cash just weighs you down until you pass $100.

Slayven

To be specific, Steve Harvey is sending 100 young black men from his fatherless boys mentoring program to Paula Deen, so she can teach them culinary skills.

I'm just seeing Paula Deen getting 100 black slaves.

Also, was the deacon from First Sunday inspired by Steve Harvey?

She is going to separate them into 2 groups. Field and House.

Slayven

The one she did about domestic violence about 15 or so episodes ago make me follow her on twitter. It did take awhile for me to get used to her random outbursts of laughter
They truly are funny, especially when she clearly misheard what Rod was talking about and go on a rant about something random.

Beef about to snatch a old lady in the street.

besada

Banned
I saw Flash last night. Not terrible. I didn't mind the character changes, but I did mind that Flash basically tells half the town his secret identity in the first episode. Also, if you've read the Flash books, that scene in his house with his mom is a dead giveaway for most of what's going to happen this season.

Slayven

I saw Flash last night. Not terrible. I didn't mind the character changes, but I did mind that Flash basically tells half the town his secret identity in the first episode. Also, if you've read the Flash books, that scene in his house with his mom is a dead giveaway for most of what's going to happen this season.

Barry Allen is so boring they have to give him a bootleg Spiderman origin to make him interesting.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

what, did they do that thing from Barry's revised origin?

Htown

I always thought that was a good idea from a storytelling perspective, even though as Slayven said it was also just a transparent attempt to make Barry Allen more interesting.

I'll probably watch Flash at some point. Though maybe I'll start Arrow first since I guess they're in the same universe?

I always thought that was a good idea from a storytelling perspective, even though as Slayven said it was also just a transparent attempt to make Barry Allen more interesting.

I'll probably watch Flash at some point. Though maybe I'll start Arrow first since I guess they're in the same universe?

Yes. Since Man of Steel & Arrow's success, The Flash was DC making sure everything is in the same universe.

strobogo

Banned
Man, fuck Arrow, fuck Flash, fuck Man of Steel. Fuck all of that garbage. Arrow isn't good. Flash looks terrible. Man of Steel was terrible. DC has one chance with DCCU to get their shit together with live action stuff. They can go fuck themselves if they fuck it up (which I expect they will, because Snyder makes stupid ass movies).

Htown

I don't understand what Ubisoft's problem is.

Just say "we decided to target 30 fps with a higher level of detail, rather than target 60 fps with less detail."

DONE. You've explained it without treating everyone like damned idiots.

Slayven

I don't understand what Ubisoft's problem is.

Just say "we decided to target 30 fps with a higher level of detail, rather than target 60 fps with less detail."

DONE. You've explained it without treating everyone like damned idiots.

Honestly the best way to handle it was not to say anything. The minority who cares about such things will only get more and more crazy each time it is mentioned.

besada

Banned
what, did they do that thing from Barry's revised origin?

In the very first episode they show: a guy named Thawne working at the PD with Barry. Yellow and Red flashes around Barry's mother when she dies. And a brief, oh so brief, image of Professor Zoom.

They also give away that they intend to do Crisis, when at the end of the episode someone sees a newspaper from the future (2024), and it mentions that the Flash has been missing since The Crisis, and down in the corner a story about the "red skies" having disappeared.

So they've already set up Professor Zoom traveling to Barry's past to kill his mom and Barry's "death" in the future Crisis. All this and the beginning of the Rogue's Gallery.

Slayven

In the very first episode they show: a guy named Thawne working at the PD with Barry. Yellow and Red flashes around Barry's mother when she dies. And a brief, oh so brief, image of Professor Zoom.

They also give away that they intend to do Crisis, when at the end of the episode someone sees a newspaper from the future (2024), and it mentions that the Flash has been missing since The Crisis, and down in the corner a story about the "red skies" having disappeared.

So they've already set up Professor Zoom traveling to Barry's past to kill his mom and Barry's "death" in the future Crisis. All this and the beginning of the Rogue's Gallery.

How you going to have crisis with just 2 heroes? Seems like a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom